Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modded 360 and XBL ban potential?

Thanks

Default Modded 360 and XBL ban potential?

If a burned 360 game has an update available via Live, will it potentially hurt to download it?

I recently flashed the LT+ to my 360's DVD drive and have played a few burned games with no trouble. I went to play Forza 3 though and upon starting the game, it said there was an update available for it. Is it safe to install updates like this one? Could it potentially tip off MS that my console is modded and get it banned? I don't know what the update is for, but I probably don't need it anyway. Not installing it just prevents me from playing the game online or downloading new content for it, which doesn't really bother me. I only have a Silver Live membership anyway.

On that note, if my console gets banned, does that mean my gamertag or other gamertags associated with the system get banned too? Should I create a separate live account for use with my burned games just to be safe?

Thanks
    EP Points

The updates themselves for games are fine... Go ahead and accept the update for Forza 3.

As far as banning goes, MS usually ban consoles for having modded DVD drives once a year. Although it appears they "forgot" to bother in 2010... It's usually around holiday season (november/december). When the console is banned from Live, it's just the console is unable to connect to Live any more. They don't ban your gamer profile. They DO ban gamertags, but only if you've been a dick with it (like playing a game like a new Halo 3 weeks before it's actually released ). They also ban gamertags for cheating in games online. Console bans never have anything to do with gamertag bans.

As for being as safe as possible on Live:
    Make sure you don't play games before they're released in your country.
    Make sure you run everything through ABGX360 prior to burning, with it set to autofix level 3.
    Make sure for games with AP25 that you make sure ABGX360 patches the AP25 sectors prior to burning/trying to load it in your system - this WILL flag your console for a ban.

Have fun.

EDIT: Moved to the right forum, again. Anything Xbox / Xbox 360 / modding / hardware related goes here... I know it says it's for "emulation" relating to Microsoft systems, but all hardware/software mods go here too. Hope that's clearer for you.
    Last edited by Inferno.; 27th-February-2011 at 00:32.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Of note: If they do ban your console, they also disable the ability to play any media other than WMV and MP3. (they remove the optional media update...it has to do with Divx permissions)

That's the only thing that really pissed me off when my old 360 got banned.

Thanks

I still don't see a "Thanks" button and "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Inferno. again."

I've run all my games through ABGX360 before burning so far and they've all cleared. Is there a list of games that have AP25?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Of note: If they do ban your console, they also disable the ability to play any media other than WMV and MP3. (they remove the optional media update...it has to do with Divx permissions)

That's the only thing that really pissed me off when my old 360 got banned.
    PS3 is much better as a media centre (because of course.... NO GAEMS!!! LAWL!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    I still don't see a "Thanks" button and "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Inferno. again."

I've run all my games through ABGX360 before burning so far and they've all cleared. Is there a list of games that have AP25?
    There are only 6 so far... NFS Hot Pursuit, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fable III, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops and Halo Reach.

EDIT: You have to make sure you have the autofix level set on 3 btw, it's set on 2 by default which doesn't work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    PS3 is much better as a media centre (because of course.... NO GAEMS!!! LAWL!!!!!)
    Agreed. I always had a hard time getting the 360 to find and use my TV/Movie directories on the network. And when I did, it cached the list of shows, so when I would delete a show, it would still appear on the 360 list.

The PS3 found them before I could even check, and keeps them tidy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't bother streaming any more the router's too unreliable. I just use a 2.5" external drive which is powered by 2x USB. Just plug it into my PS3 or into my mam's 360.

Thanks

There are only 6 so far... NFS Hot Pursuit, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fable III, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops and Halo Reach.

EDIT: You have to make sure you have the autofix level set on 3 btw, it's set on 2 by default which doesn't work.
    Go figure, Fable III and NFS Hot Pursuit are 2 of the games I was about to try. I'll double check them now. I haven't burned them yet because I only have 1 DVD+DL left and couldn't decide which one to play. On that note, I hear a lot about Verbatims from Singapore. Can you confirm or point me towards the best possible burning media?

Thanks
    EP Points

Go figure, Fable III and NFS Hot Pursuit are 2 of the games I was about to try. I'll double check them now. I haven't burned them yet because I only have 1 DVD+DL left and couldn't decide which one to play. On that note, I hear a lot about Verbatims from Singapore. Can you confirm or point me towards the best possible burning media?
    Verbatims from Singapore. They're the best. Verbatims made in India are about the same quality as Memorex discs.

If you want your games to last forever >>> Verbs made in Singapore.
    If you just want to play the games once and forget about them >>> The cheapest discs in the world.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a half a stack of Memorex DL's I'll never use. I should sell them.
    Worked for every 360 game I ever tried.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I have a half a stack of Memorex DL's I'll never use. I should sell them.
    Worked for every 360 game I ever tried.
    Keep them for when you get your next 360?

Thanks
    EP Points

Keep them for when you get your next 360?
    I'm planning to import my account to my son's 360 so I can keep all my arcade games and the points I still have. That way he can play the games too...but he thinks my choice of games are 'gay' LOL

So, I doubt I'll get another.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you don't play Call of Duty or Halo you're a fag to all of the kids these days.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you don't play Call of Duty or Halo you're a fag to all of the kids these days.
    I call them "Soljers Shootan Stuffs 2K11"

I don't think he appreciates my humor

Thanks

Ok, after rerunning ABGX, I'm confused. For Fable III, it shows all green for the AP25 check, but NFS:HP shows a section in yellow that wasn't there in the Fable III check. I'll attach the .txt output from the program for NFS:

NFS:
    Spoiler warning:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

whereas Fable III:
    Spoiler warning:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.