Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgotten video games that deserves another sequel/prequel?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ramzaruglia View Post
    I wish one of those games have a sequel today, like the SaGa Frontier series...
    I browsed around for about a good half hour before deciding where to make my first post on these forums, and I can say, without any doubt, that I won't find a better statement anywhere else even if I read every other topic on here. SaGa Frontier was amazing, but I despised SaGa Frontier 2, refusing to play even halfway through that game (though, I don't even know where 'halfway' is. I put in about 5 hours or so on about 2 or 3 new game files and just never got into it.) I recently went back to the old original Gameboy ROMs for Final Fantasy Legend II, the closest I could find to a good game that has a very similar system to SaGa, but after beating that it's gotten me missing the series once more.

Quote Originally Posted by ramzaruglia View Post
    What do you think are the games that deserves another shot to have another sequel/prequel? Any games in mind?
    I'd have to come back to this when it's not 5 in the morning. Threads of Fate could've used a sequel, though I'm sure there's many, many other games that are slipping my mind at the moment.

Edit: Damn, you guys have good taste. Reading through just the first page I see Threads already listed along with Vagrant Story. Great calls. I might have to do more digging.
    Last edited by Leon Jilo; 16th-June-2011 at 10:14. Reason: You guys are brilliant.

Thanks

Time splitters, second sight, and beyond good and evil! I would say okami too, but clover studios collapsed

Thanks

I agree, I really want to see some more Oddworld games. Both Stranger's Wrath and the original ones were excellent games, so I'd love to see some more out of that series. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we'll see anything for quite some time, if anything...

I also want to see a sequel to The World Ends With You. That was a great game, and I know there's room for another story in that universe, so I don't see why not.

Thanks

there needs to be a sequel to The Legend of Dragoon
    ULTRA BRANDO

Thanks

Parasite Eve (a real ps3 version, not crap.), The Legend of Dragoon (It would be so easy and yet they haven't done it!?), Legend of Legaia (I loved both games, but I want more of the arts fighting mechanic!), and another game from Mistwalker along the same vein of Lost Odyssey would be great.

Thanks
    EP Points

Since I'm playing some Hitman right now, howzabout a nice new Hitman game.

Lost Odyssey surprised me, would love to see a sequel for that too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Since I'm playing some Hitman right now, howzabout a nice new Hitman game.

Lost Odyssey surprised me, would love to see a sequel for that too
    Google Hitman Absolution. I recently completed my second SA run through of H:BM myself, but I am worried about Absolution. I'm sure you'll see the interviews...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daedroth View Post
    Google Hitman Absolution. I recently completed my second SA run through of H:BM myself, but I am worried about Absolution. I'm sure you'll see the interviews...

I don't really follow game news, but I checked out a couple of blurbs and am a bit worried now that I did. I hope they don't screw the game over. I don't have a lot of faith in Square/Enix these days to say the least.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I don't really follow game news, but I checked out a couple of blurbs and am a bit worried now that I did. I hope they don't screw the game over. I don't have a lot of faith in Square/Enix these days to say the least.
    I 100% share your reasoning on this. SQ-E is the secondary reason why I am worried, the prime reason being the interviews.

"We'd rather try to tempt the stealthy players to go into a more action -oriented direction."/quote

Please god, why?

Thanks

Gwad! Breath of Fire!! Oh to have a sequel and to have it on a console instead of a handheld...

Quote Originally Posted by Shareware View Post
    Legend of Dragoon
    Alundra
    Threads of Fate
    Strider
    Tomba
    Silent Bomber
    Oni
    Shinobi
    Medievil
    Ghosts n Goblins
    Twinbee
    Rygar (and do it better this time)
    Grandia (same as above)
    Captain Commando
    Eternal Darkness
    Turok (again, do it better)

and last but MOST importantly...

JET SET RADIO
    I was just thinking Eternal Darkness. I wish Silicon Knights had never lost the rights to 'The Legacy of Kain' and we could get an Ocarina of Time-esque sequel to the original Blood Omen. Alas, this will never be.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 19th-June-2011 at 02:13. Reason: Merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

@Scarm: please don't double post. If you need to add additional information, use the "Edit Post" button on the bottom right corner of your post. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AltimaZeromus View Post
    Arcanum Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura: (Steampunk RPG = awesome)
    Lunar: (Like the Sega CD/PSX ones, not Dragonsong)
    Robotrek: (Quirky inventor RPG)
    Secret of Evermore: (Simply a great game)
    Beyond Good & Evil: (Supposedly awesome)
    Arcanum...I've been saying it and saying it. I was thinking I had a game in mind no one else would think of

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by scarmiglionne4 View Post
    Gwad! Breath of Fire!! Oh to have a sequel and to have it on a console instead of a handheld...

I was just thinking Eternal Darkness. I wish Silicon Knights had never lost the rights to 'The Legacy of Kain' and we could get an Ocarina of Time-esque sequel to the original Blood Omen. Alas, this will never be.
    I would kill anyone in the world for an Eternal Darkness sequel. I remember the first time you walk into the bathroom in Eternal Darkness, I never shitpissvomited so hard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaytech43 View Post
    altho i do love parasite eve i would have to say no to just cose as far as i am aware of there was only one book . the first game was taken directly from the Japanese horror novel. so sorry no to PE

rocket knight had 3 games in the series. tho still would love to see a 4th game.

would love to see a sequel to ristar. it was originally planed to replace sonic as segas mascot. how ever it was to little to late for the little guy came out right around the gens death. still want to see another.

also would like to se a good sequel to vectorman

earth worm jim yes there have been 3 games mad would stil love to see a sequel that did the game justice.

secret of evermore. love that game it took the time traveling aspect & ran with it.

would love to see star fox 2 actually be made & not just a parched bata

as well another sonic spinball
    Hell yeah on the Star Fox 2. That game was great. Fleshed out you could have a great strategy/air combat game.

Faxanadu. I love this game. I do not care for many of the Dragon Slayer games, but this one I loved. I also wish we could get all of the Ys games released in English especially Ys V Expert. I want more games like Ys V. Maybe more games like Ys III. Oh yeah and Demon Sword for the NES.

I thought of one more: Archon and Archon II: Adept. I would settle for just a downloadable release but an Adept II would be nice.
    Last edited by scarmiglionne4; 22nd-June-2011 at 17:33.

Thanks

Little Big Adventure 2 without a doubt. I still check every so often, in case someone has finally made on, but no.