Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 11th Birthday - 3DS Giveaway Contest Questions!

Thanks
    EP Points

Nah, staff members approve them manually. So it's up to them when your reviews will be approved. Cookie said that he checks them once a day, but be patient nonetheless.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok, thanks for letting me know, Gare.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm not completely sure if I should ask this but...
    About the point tally...
    I believe that a description, if it's well done, takes a lot more of time and effort than posting a screenshot.
    I don't mean to say that they shouldn't be taken into account, but shouldn't descriptions be worth a little more than screen caps?

Spoiler warning:
    Please don't get mad, I am posting screens as well.
    Also I want to apologize for posting so many times in this thread.
    Last edited by The Almighty MegaMan; 9th-March-2011 at 17:54.

Thanks

Hi, this isn't so much a question as a heads up..I've noticed on a couple of games, Super Mario Bros. 3 in particular, that the pictures that were approved, weren't actual screenshots, but pictures that sort of related to the game. I don't think its fair to count the pictures as "screenshots" when they aren't.

Thanks

So, how do we know if we win? Are the winners posted somewhere? I mean, the weekly subscription, as well as the 3DS. How would someone know our twitter account? are we supposed to link it here somewhere?

Thanks
    EP Points

The winner(s) will receive an email after the drawing. Eventually it'll be posted in a news post on the main site.

If you win via a twitter post, you'd most likely be messaged via twitter, or the email the twitter is tied to, if that's available.

Thanks

I made a twitter account to participate. But I'm confused to how we are linked to these accounts. Do we follow @emuparadise or what? What if I couldn't get the same username I have here?

Also, should we try to get our friends to follow?

Thanks
    EP Points

Just post one of the tweets from the main site. The "@emuparadise" portion allows MasJ to see it whether you're following EP or not. If you win, he'll make a post letting you know.

You can change your "real name" to plasmastar, if you wish. Then your profile will say Plasmastar @whateveryourtwitterusernameis.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Just post one of the tweets from the main site. The "@emuparadise" portion allows MasJ to see it whether you're following EP or not. If you win, he'll make a post letting you know.

You can change your "real name" to plasmastar, if you wish. Then your profile will say Plasmastar @whateveryourtwitterusernameis.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jdel23 View Post
    Hi, this isn't so much a question as a heads up..I've noticed on a couple of games, Super Mario Bros. 3 in particular, that the pictures that were approved, weren't actual screenshots, but pictures that sort of related to the game. I don't think its fair to count the pictures as "screenshots" when they aren't.
    Yeah, that was posted by me. I love video game posters and illustrations so I posted some around the time the contest started and they were all approved, so I posted some more. They're all official posters, you know. I'll never post any fan art. Besides that airship Mario Bros. 3 poster for example is rare and not to mention way awesome. The instruction manual one might have been a bit much though.

I spent over 4 hours last night capturing, resizing, and posting screenshots. Not to mention the many hours I spent the last week and a half capturing screens or looking for publisher distributed screens for Dreamcast and GameCube games (since I don't use DC emulators at all and rarely use GC emulators). So believe me, I'm trying very hard.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Um, me again. I realized I made three mistakes when I was uploading. Two involve screenshots with an error (white bar for one, emulator and task bar for the other).
    I've also done a description of a game that's quite bad and incidentally rated it 5/5 when I intended to rate it 2/5...

I'm sorry. Could these mistakes be fixed?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralPegasus View Post
    Um, me again. I realized I made three mistakes when I was uploading. Two involve screenshots with an error (white bar for one, emulator and task bar for the other).
    I've also done a description of a game that's quite bad and incidentally rated it 5/5 when I intended to rate it 2/5...

I'm sorry. Could these mistakes be fixed?
    What game?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    What game?
    Robocop 2 and Tetris (Unl) for NES. I've uploaded the correct screens already.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Sorry, I meant the one you rated with a 5/5. If I get to approve it I'll correct that extreme.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Silk Worm. NES as well.

If you prefer me to edit the posts rather than adding more just tell me.