Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 11th Birthday - 3DS Giveaway Contest Questions!

Thanks
    EP Points

Huh, I managed to find my old descriptions/screenshots from the last contest. Seems like they weren't lost after all.

I'm gonna submit them again, but if you guys feel that they aren't worth any entries (since they were written for the last contest), that's also totally fine by me. I'm mostly doing it because they were lost in the rollback, and I felt like re-uploading them. The contest simply reminded me of it.

Thanks

In regards to the uploads, is just uploading something and adding it to the forums enough to count toward the entry, assuming the upload is approved and all? Because like, it seems as though this is all going to be a bitch to tally up unless there is some kind of formal submission going on here.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    In regards to the uploads, is just uploading something and adding it to the forums enough to count toward the entry, assuming the upload is approved and all? Because like, it seems as though this is all going to be a bitch to tally up unless there is some kind of formal submission going on here.
    A thread should be made for entries, I'd be willing to help out with counting if there are a bunch .

I was also wondering, is it compressed size or the actual iso size for how many entries you get with uploading?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Yeah, I mean.. Not just the uploading, but the picture submission and review stuff too, it all seems like an awful lot to track down. (The tweeting would be a lot easier to keep track of, so that part makes sense as is.) I just can't imagine the effort involved in getting an accurate tally here without there being some kind of formal submission process.. Though that said, I'm probably going to give a whirl at this myself for the hells of it, so if the staff is content with the way it is now.. eh. I'll be uploading some stuff soon, so I was just curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

MasJ will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd like to answer some of your questions.

If someone uploads a game to various upload services, it will still count as one upload, no extra entries will be given if a game is upped to more than one upload service.
    Re-submitting the reviews or screenshots you guys submitted last year is fine, recovering all that is part of the purpose of this contest, personally I see no problem.
    The entries based on your forum uploads are currently being manually tallied in the moderators section. If we were to create a formal submission thread for you guys to submit which uploads do you want to take part in the contest, according to the dates they were posted in the forums, we'd inform you conveniently.
    The entries based on your reviews and screenshots are automatically tallied when they are approved.

Thanks

Hey guys i am new here. What do i need to do. It just says that i need to ddo this and that(many things) but do i need to be on the forum or somthing like that i dont get it can someone tell me what do i need to do first? Sorry for bad english

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Master3000 View Post
    Hey guys i am new here. What do i need to do. It just says that i need to ddo this and that(many things) but do i need to be on the forum or somthing like that i dont get it can someone tell me what do i need to do first? Sorry for bad english
    Hi, Jerk

You have 3 ways to get entries for the draw:

- Twitter: tweet the messages stated in the link included in the first post in this thread to get 1 entry per day.
    - Reviews and Screenshots: submit mini reviews/descriptions or pictures for your favourite games and get 5 entries/each. The games are the ones that can be found at the main site.
    - Uploads: upload games to our forum by posting your own links in the Upload Services subforum and get 2 entries per every 100MB uploaded.

For detailed info, check the newspost at the main page:
    http://www.emuparadise.org/3dscontest.php

Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 704 Posts
    EP Points

I have another question. Whether it is possible to look somewhere at current results of all participants or at least my?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lob View Post
    I have another question. Whether it is possible to look somewhere at current results of all participants or at least my?
    Not currently, due to the amount of entries.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    - Uploads: upload games to our forum by posting your own links in the Upload Services subforum and get 2 entries per every 100MB uploaded.
    or upload Soundtracks to the Game Music Section
    If one of my files is down please send me a pm and I will reupload it as soon as possible!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Doni View Post
    or upload Soundtracks to the Game Music Section
    Of course

Thanks

Hi, I have another quick question. If the screenshots we submitted show up on the main site, does that mean that they are approved and valid entries for the contest?
    thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jdel23 View Post
    Hi, I have another quick question. If the screenshots we submitted show up on the main site, does that mean that they are approved and valid entries for the contest?
    thanks
    Yeah, that's how it goes, as long as they were submitted once the contest started, that is

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Yeah, that's how it goes, as long as they were submitted once the contest started, that is
    sweet! thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Huh, I managed to find my old descriptions/screenshots from the last contest. Seems like they weren't lost after all.

I'm gonna submit them again, but if you guys feel that they aren't worth any entries (since they were written for the last contest), that's also totally fine by me. I'm mostly doing it because they were lost in the rollback, and I felt like re-uploading them. The contest simply reminded me of it.
    sucks because that really isnt cheating. damn, oh well, i am to busy looking for a job anyways.