Thread: PakkISO Doesn't Work

Thanks

Exclamation PakkISO Doesn't Work

Yeah, as the title says, PakkISO doesn't create Bin and Iso files for FFVIII..Well, for that matter it doesn't work for most games I download. How do I do this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Get ECM Tools and just drag and drop the .ecm file into the into unecm.exe to get the image file.

Thanks

i still do not get why they are made into .ecm files in the first place, oh sure they are smaller when made into ecm files but people, namely me, do not like to have an extra step in the process and end up spending whatever time they may have saved trying to figure out the program, then again i have 90% of my games on disc so i don't have to go through that very often, and if this continues i will just have to buy whatever games i want to play

Thanks

The added step is to conserve bandwidth, if more people donated to the website then this added step could be removed. If it's a hassle for you, I suggest seriously considering donating and making requests for the files to be updated in a normal format.

I should add, I've found the .ecm a total PITA and can't manage to get things working (even when following the above steps). But I accept that since I've hardly contributed to the website I really don't have any ground to stand on when making complaints.

Hurray! Moving the files to the ecm folder first, and then dragging to the program worked. Sweetness.
    Last edited by Korlithiel; 25th-February-2011 at 19:42. Reason: Avoid triple posting.

Thanks

hmmm...... never thought about that, how much money does it take a month? i wonder, if they got higher bandwidth how much higher would it take for them to allow me to download at my maximum speed(8 megabits) from this site?

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't have the exact details, but considering the vast amount of files we are providing and the traffic we get I'm sure the bill is significative to say the least

Thanks

so the bill is significative:Being a symbol or sign of something; having a meaning, i think you meant significant
    Last edited by David Stark; 25th-February-2011 at 20:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by David Stark View Post
    so the bill is significative:Being a symbol or sign of something; having a meaning, i think you meant significant
    Both words mean the same