Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Sony's rumored attempts to make everyone submit

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    you're one to talk you fucking asswipe, you have no reason to be a dick, if you dislike my comment then debate against it. Don't come up with some shit that a fucking troll would say.

now kindly shut the fuck up and go back to 4chan you piece of shit
    Quiji > You.

Now shut the fuck up and play nicely.

Thanks
    EP Points

I usually do, but he just pissed me off

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    I usually do, but he just pissed me off
    The problem is that your statement was blatantly and obviously, absolutely, completely backwards from even the most trivial knowledge of the PS3's launch history. It started with backwards compatibility, which was later removed due to disuse and expense. This obviously and entirely contradicts the idea that they are "holding [PS2 compatibility] back until the PS2 is completely dead." If they were, they wouldn't have launched the PS3 with that capability in the first place. There are other reasons why your statement is profoundly incorrect, but such an obvious reason should really be known to any who has heard these complaints before, especially given that it had already come up not even five posts earlier in this very thread. Yes, Quiji could have worded it much, much more politely, but in all seriousness, you really did get it completely and entirely wrong there.

Thanks
    EP Points

see, you know how to talk and debate with someone, queji was rude so i was rude back simple as that, the only reason i even said that sony held back to begin with is because i have seen someone playing jak and daxter on a ps3 slim (though it may have been jailbroken)

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I'm hoping they abandon the use of the sixaxis now that they have Move. I remember playing some MLB 2K game, and to pitch, you had to move the controller forward in a pushing motion.
    Bu--but....Flower!

<3

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Bu--but....Flower!

<3
    But...but...Lair.

Thanks
    EP Points

But...but...Lair.
    Six axis usually pisses me the fuck off, especially on Linger In Shadows, man it just doesn't work right.

Although I will admit it's decent enough in the Killzone games for setting charges, and that's it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by emufan79 View Post
    @ cookiemonster You disagree with both points,or just that I sound like a fanboy?Being a fanboy is a little pathetic,dont you think?To actually show devotion to a multi billion dollar company,that doesnt care one bit about you? I do not have enough free time to be a fanboy.All I was doing was speaking the truth,and if the truth makes me look like a fanboy,well then so be it.My ps3 sits there and collects dust,except for when a first party game is released.If a game is released on both consoles,99% of the time I get it for 360. Not because I have some strange devotion to M$,mostly because more people I know have a 360,and they have a much larger online community.TBH my Wii gets more play time then both put together

As far as the ps3 being a failure,well it is.Especially when being compared to the psx,or the ps-2.This generation is the first time since the psx that a sony console hasnt dominated my game playing time.First they take away backwards compatibility,then re-release ps2 games on ps network.Then they take away 3rd party OS systems from being installed on the ps3.Then they blatantly copy the wii-mote,which is shameful and shows a total lack of any originality on their part.Much easier to take already successful product,slightly modify it,and slap your name on it.

Love the screen name BTW,my sons favorite
    http://kotaku.com/#!5490574/how-the-...t-a-wii-remote

Now I won't be buying Move, but reading this has taught me that Sony more than copied the wiimote, they improved it. Also what really matters is quality, not who came first. If it was based on seniority then all games now a days would be failures to the first video game or perhaps even the first game in general. I own all three major systems and my wii rarely actually plays wii games. Instead I mostly play emulators since my tv is bigger than my computer screen and I watch videos since there is a video player that can handle most of my formats. My ps3 and 360 handle most of the video game playing. In the case that a game comes out for both, I buy for ps3 since that is less likely to red ring (or the equivalent) on me and games seem more stable with less freezing. Online plays no part since I have a usb aircard that cannot connect to a router because my computer runs software to connect and my speed would be throttled in no time if I played online.

I also own a ds lite that I play games and listen to music when out of the house.

Personally I think Sony and Microsoft are wasting money. Nintendo has dominated the casual market and those that bought a wii for casual games aren't likely to buy a ps3 or 360 for their casual games because they already have a wii. Core gamers that have either systems aren't likely to buy the motion gimmicks because if they wanted casual games galore, they would buy a wii. Sony and microsoft's success will hinge more on how they incorporate core games. Sony has made some smart moves by trying to add move as an option in previously released games. If either add their motion as an option to core games then it's less likely to get passed as a wasteful gimmick. There is one thing for sure and that is that both Sony and Microsoft have improved on the motion aspects in different ways. I think Nintendo will not pull another Wii, but is more likely to try to compete on a core level in the next gen when casual gamers cease to be a viable source of income. Otherwise, we'll repeat this gen where core nintendo fans getting shovelware heaped on them waiting for the few times Nintendo throws them a bone.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    More people complaining about the lack of PS2 compatibility on the PS3. This is seriously the stupidest argument ever against the PS3.
    Tell that to sprung

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

But...but...Lair.
    I think a patch to play using regular controls was available some months after the release.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I think a patch to play using regular controls was available some months after the release.
    Oh