Thread: problematic issues with PCSX2 Emulator...

Thanks

Default problematic issues with PCSX2 Emulator...

so i go to start a game ( so far Shining force neo, Dark cloud and .hack//infection all the same results) and the ps-2 output screen when i go to start a game says rom1 rom2 and erom not found in bold red. i followed all the guides i found perfectly and the game wont start. instead it says
    "an unhandled or unrecoverable exception occured with the message:
    c://users/mike/desktop/newfolder(2)/Dark Cloud.MDS > this ELF has no prgram headers Pcsx 2 can not run what doesnt exist.

PCSX2 will now close"

freezing up my computer and causing me to ctrl+alt+delete to end the program

.... anyone able to help?

Thanks
    EP Points

Never've this problem...
    ELF file is the main exe (or the DVD boot). So, you can have a corrupted DVD ISO, or the wrong plug-in...

Change the CD/DVD emulator plug-in. Or install a virtual CD tool like Daemon Tool and mount the image...

Thanks
    EP Points

Which PCSX2 version did you use?
    Try load the game using different plugins such as the Linuz ISO, or through the Internal ISO Loader.

Thanks

im using version 0.9.6 but everything shoulda been working fine. i'll toy around with it some more...

i've never had such problems with an Emulator lol

.... so i switched things around and am now getting a similar message but instead its out of memory... which should be impossible considering i have 8g of ram...
    Last edited by Ceurin; 22nd-February-2011 at 21:16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ceurin View Post
    im using version 0.9.6 but everything shoulda been working fine. i'll toy around with it some more...

i've never had such problems with an Emulator lol

.... so i switched things around and am now getting a similar message but instead its out of memory... which should be impossible considering i have 8g of ram...
    PCSX2 is a 32 Bit app so it will only address if memory serves me 2GB worth.

Update your drivers and DirectX, also check if there is any update (even beta) to any of the plugins

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using the latest official Beta instead.

Thanks

so im using the beta and its working... the screen was shakey at first but i fixed that now i need to figure out how to get the frame rate up. any ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

Try different graphics plugin, enable-disable framerate caps, rendering effects etc, also try the CPU settings. But change only one setting at time, then test it.

If you've a good new graphic cards, you can also boost your fps (for example ffxii on nvidia 8600 have a decent framerate, but on engine cutscenes it slow down, on amd hd 5770 the framerate was good)

As the pcsx2 website say a playable game works from start to end no matter of fps you'll get! (years ago when i play caslevania it run at 10- fps, and ffx run at 30+).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ceurin View Post
    so im using the beta and its working... the screen was shakey at first but i fixed that now i need to figure out how to get the frame rate up. any ideas?
    EE Overclock
    Enable Dual Core (assuming you have a multicore CPU)

Thanks
    EP Points

There are various ways to increase the framerate, either by disable or use different settings/plugins, or enable the Speedhacks.
    Refer to this guide for more detailed info about each settings.

Thanks

This emultaor is a real hog on the CPU when playing 3D games. what kind of processor do you have?