Thread: Fan-translated jap games

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Fan-translated jap games

Ok, I was waiting forever to play Tales of Destiny 2 [the one with Kyles, not the one with Reed] with the full translation, but it seems the project is completelly dead.

I'd like to ask about other fully translated rpg games, be it ps1 or ps2.

One I'd recommend, tho, is Namco X Capcom. It feels endless, and even tho there are some typos or misplaced text, you can at least use some effort and read it all, because everything seems to be translated. I think I went to mission 60+, and still no sign of ending.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you're talking about Phantasian Productions, well... yeah. Aren't they still doing the ToP patch? You know, the one that another group finished ages ago? So yeah, I wouldn't expect much from them, they're most likely busy with life and such. Too bad about the PS2 Destiny games, though, especially the first one, which is leagues above Destiny 2 in terms of awesomeness.

Tales of Rebirth is fully translated, but only on GameFAQs (full script and guides) and Youtube (full playthrough with subtitles), there's no actual patch for it. Still totally worth playing as it's one of the best in the series.

Front Mission 5: Scars of the War has a full patch as far as I know. It's a tactical RPG, though.

For PS1, there's Persona 2: Innocent Sin.

There's probably a lot more, but that's all that comes to mind right now.
    Last edited by Gare; 20th-February-2011 at 13:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    If you're talking about Phantasian Productions, well... yeah. Aren't they still doing the ToP patch? You know, the one that another group finished ages ago? So yeah, I wouldn't expect much from them, they're most likely busy with life and such. Too bad about the PS2 Destiny games, though, especially the first one, which is leagues above Destiny 2 in terms of awesomeness.
    Well, I'm one that doesn't rant about graphics, so I can still play the ps1 game pretty well, since it has an english version. I stopped following the Tales series some time ago, so I'm not sure what kinds of improvements the PS2 version had - in the end, I just wanted ToD2 because it's an -almost- exclusive. There is the psp version if I'm not wrong, but it's harder to hack, it seems.

Thanks
    EP Points

Destiny on the PS2 isn't just a graphical update, but a complete remake. It's pretty much a totally different game. Well, the plot is (mostly) the same, but you get the idea. It's pretty damn amazing, and many who played it -including myself- consider it the best game in the series. For good reason, I must add.

Thanks
    EP Points

persona 2 innocent sin for sure. devil summoner soul hackers is almost fully translated also

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Destiny on the PS2 isn't just a graphical update, but a complete remake. It's pretty much a totally different game. Well, the plot is (mostly) the same, but you get the idea. It's pretty damn amazing, and many who played it -including myself- consider it the best game in the series. For good reason, I must add.
    Interesting... considering I never went past the first hours of gameplay, I'll try to look for the ps2 version then. thanks for the tip ;3

Thanks
    EP Points

anyone know where to get the fron mission 5 english patch???

thankss