Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: what does everyone miss about the old days of gaming?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default what does everyone miss about the old days of gaming?

i miss the consols being actually different and having different games. now the only different game consol is the wii. i cant even tell which has better graphics between the ps3 and 360. i miss having games just for one consol instead of bringing them to all of them to each system. cant really call it a consol war nowadays. if you did its a gaming giant vs a computer industry and an electronics industry. nintendo has been in this business for years and i dont see them flunking. people always called thier products gimmiky but they always worked better. hell the nes can still be played today if you took moderate care of it.

i still go with sony because they do more jrpg's though i havnt seen the ps3 library so if anyone can confirm or tell me otherwise who actually has one! the 360 has more fps games. honestly, the real difference between the ps3 and 360, i can go on justdubs or youtube or whatever and watch whatever anime i cant on netflix. that is the only real difference between the two.

the nintendo wii, where can i start, thanks to move its not as unique but you can play n64 games on it which i think is great, plus nintendo gamecube. from what i have noticed the wii also has a web browser but unlike the ps3 you can use the nunchuck to type what you want. though i can imagine that is boring. however i dont know how many people actually use the internet on it.

though having all these things on our consols are great and having all these things on handhelds is awsome, i just want them to do one thing: play games. sure putting movies and mp3's on it are good and all but who honestly likes looking at that small of a screen? and i dont consider the iphone a hand held for the simple reason there are no real games on it, just mini games for casual gamers. i say you play a game or dont, and sports games are pointless unless your overwieght. if you want to play football, go outside!

my point is, i miss the actual fun games when it wasnt graphics, i miss when systems were truly different. i miss when games were fun and not competitive with people swearing online and cheating and bullying and all that, which i have to say, its one of the reasons i miss the n64 era.

Thanks
    EP Points

I miss shoving my first vibrating controller down my pants

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post

my point is, i miss the actual fun games when it wasnt graphics, i miss when systems were truly different. i miss when games were fun and not competitive with people swearing online and cheating and bullying and all that, which i have to say, its one of the reasons i miss the n64 era.

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I don't miss anything, because I kept everything
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    I don't miss anything, because I kept everything
    wish i still had my ps1 and my games for it and my sega and n64. my dad threw it all out because he said "it was old and wasnt worth anything". regretfully i had to or he would search my room for them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Man, those were the days..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    eh look at it this way, at least move made that easier.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I miss when all the games weren't in cases, I used to rip target off for a few hundred bucks daily.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

The biggest reason I miss the old days? There were less elitists back then, and games were mostly seen as being for fun, not competition.

Another thing is, I remember being blown away by the new things I would see in games. I remember I nearly shat my pants when I got my n64 and booted up Ocarina of Time.

These days it seems games have kind of slowed down in their advancements... The most impressive thing I've seen lately is the NGP, but it's not like the old days. Maybe it's just that I've grown up and am less excitable, but maybe not - I lost my shit when I saw the first trailer for MVC3... I guess these days it's more the titles than the tech that's exciting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Challenge thats all that I miss, Games are too easy these days

as to the Wii its still a Casual Gamers Gimmick no matter what way you twist it only problem is everyone jumped on the bandwagon. I Miss when Nintendo made real games consoles and Games like Say... The NES / SNES or GameBoy Color

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Challenge thats all that I miss, Games are too easy these days

as to the Wii its still a Casual Gamers Gimmick no matter what way you twist it only problem is everyone jumped on the bandwagon. I Miss when Nintendo made real games consoles and Games like Say... The NES / SNES or GameBoy Color
    ^ This.
    Also miss the length of games. A 3 hour interactive movie for $60?!?!? I can think of many more ways to blow that money.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Thanks

I miss acculay having to go to a staore and pay like 3-4 bucks to rent a game for 3 days lol

Thanks
    EP Points

I miss the days when there were no DLCs. Although I mostly rage about Bioware's DLC packs. Pay 20 bucks (1600 points) for 2-3 hours of extra gameplay and a set of armor? Fuck you, seriously. And the main reason they do it is because people are stupid enough to buy them. Back then it would've been part of the main game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Games aren't challenging anymore? This is easily solved. Every time you get a game over, simply delete your save and start from scratch. Ta da! You are now playing every NES game ever in 3D.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I miss the days when there were no DLCs. Although I mostly rage about Bioware's DLC packs. Pay 20 bucks (1600 points) for 2-3 hours of extra gameplay and a set of armor? Fuck you, seriously. And the main reason they do it is because people are stupid enough to buy them. Back then it would've been part of the main game.
    Either that, or part of an expansion, or just free to download. At least with an expansion they are forced to add some kind of extra plot or a lengthy quest to the game along with extra content.

I miss the days of giant outer boxes like this:

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.