Thread: [GUIDE] Making PS1 Eboots for your PSP (IceTea v1.3)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default [GUIDE] Making PS1 Eboots for your PSP (IceTea v1.3)

This guide is intended to help all the PSP custom firmware runners out there that want to enjoy the classic PS1 titles on their powerful PSP. This guide should never be modified, copied, pirated, claimed to be written by you or anybody else other than me Ktiger41 the author. If this shows up anywhere else PM me so I can deal with it.

I will be in no way responsible for any misfortunes that may become of your PSP, PC, or any other device by your use of this guide. Use this at you own risk.

This guide is made exclusively for: Emuparadise

Items you will need:
    - Icetea v1.3

- A PS1 Iso
    - A PSP on custom firmware greater than 3.03 OE-C

1.) First locate the program IceTea 1.3 (Google is your friend)

2.) Use your favorite compression program to extract the “icetea1.3_win” from the compressed archive to anywhere on your PC.

3.) Since this program needs not be installed toyour hard drive, locate where you extracted the “icetea1.3_win” folder and double click the “icetea” application.

Image#1

4.) You should see the screen below:
    Image #2

5.) Under where it says “PSX Image” hit the select button and locate the PS1 game ISO on your PC. (Supported File Extensions: .iso, .bin, .img)

(For the sake of this guide I will convert the NTSC-U/C Version of Final Fantasy Disk 2.)

6.) Once found, hit the open button. Your screen should now look similar to the one below:

Image #3

For Steps 7 – 11 refer to Image #3

7.) Notice that the file path is loaded into the “PSX Image” box and there is also a few other pre-filled information boxes now.

8.) The Game ID has been taken from inside the ISO. DO NOT MESS WITH THIS.

9.) The Game Title is what your PSP will show as the Game Name when you highlight it in your XMB.

10.) See the compression slider? You can leave it as is or set it to the maximum compression. (All the way to the right) it doesn’t matter. No lag will occur. Some people like to have a maximum compression so they can fit more games on their memory stick. This is totally up to you.

11.) In the “Output directory” box select where on your PC you want to save your PSX Eboot. Then click Save. Then after that click the “Let’s go” button in Icetea.

12.)
    Sit back and wait for your Eboot to be created. After it is done it should say “Eboot Created successfully”

13.) The default name for the created Eboot is EBOOT.PBP you can rename it but it really isn’t necessary, because you need to put this Eboot in a folder for your PSP to recognize it as a game. (I choose to name the folders the name of the game, you can name it whatever you want just so long as its in a folder)
    Here is an Example of the structure I am talking about:
    Image #4

14.) As Image #4 illustrates, these PSX eboots need to go into the :\PSP\GAME directory of you memory stick.

15.) Congrats! You just made your first PSX Eboot for yourPSP! Enjoy.

SIDE NOTE:
    The expert tab in image #3 is for those who want to make a totally customized Eboot, but is not necessary to run or convert any games. These are just for those people who beg to be totally different when they load their games on their PSP. Although I know how to do all that expert tab stuff, I will leave that exploration to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks for re-posting it, Ktiger

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Thanks for re-posting it, Ktiger
    Please sticky like before?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Done. Also, added to the PSP FAQ

Thanks

IceTea 1.3 works great for virtually all single-disc PSX games. There are a few games out there that will require a different PSX converter due to the merging of multiple disc ISOs on to a single, massive eboot file (like Chrono Cross which requires changing discs DURING the game play).
    How's it feel being beaten?