Thread: PSX emu Problem..

Thanks

Default PSX emu Problem..

im having some difficulties running my emulator..
    everytime i try to start the application this notification appears
    (this application has failed to start because zlib 1.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem)

im not a comp wizz...
    i dont know what to do with this prob..

could some pls help me...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Download the file to the same folder where the emulator is and extract it:
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/l...l.zip?download

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also, Google. Just type in your file name and your problem is solved in mere seconds.

Generally speaking, you can extract the file, scan it for viruses, then pop it into c:\windows\ directory and it should work for everything that needs it, instead of just your emulator.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Default another Emulator prob..(Configuration and opening a Game

im using ePSXe v1.7.0 and have configured the BIOS using (BIOS PS1_scph1001)
    but havent completed the configuration for video and sound... --what should with this?
    and i dont know how to open a game specifically the Breath of Fire 3.. --how to run a game? should i do some converting before opening a game??

pls help me with brief details how to operate the emulator..

thanks for the help..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This link has configuration instructions.

This link has a great package of ePSXe 1.6.0 and BIOS and plugins that you will need. Also, 1.6.0 will work better for some games. Name the .exe file you already have with the version number included, then install this in the same folder. Both versions use the same plugins and this has always worked fine for me to have both versions together.

Once you have all the plugins you will need, run the config wizard. You will need to know what graphics card you have so that you can choose the right video plugin. You might also need daemon tools, but most games run fine just using Run ISO in the ePSXe file menu.

Any other errors after that probably mean you need to extract. Common usable files will be about 300-500MB and end in .IMG, .ISO, .BIN, or .MDS/.MDF.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Default How to open a Game??

i have configured ePSXe emulator..

right now my problem is how to open a game specifically the Breath of Fire 3

file name = Breath of Fire III (E) (Track 1) [SLES-01304]
    file type = 7Z File

i dont know how to run the game..
    im done with the configuration part.. what should i do next???

PLS HELP...................

Thanks
    EP Points

You have to use 7zip to extract the image file, tutorial here:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...to-Handle-Them

Thanks

i dont get it..
    the original file that i downloaded is a rar compressed file.. after extracting 2 diff. files appeared, a 7Z and a APE file.. and right now im clueless to what should i do. could someone pls help me with this one..

in details pls...

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

This is the ECM and APE Guide Zorlon wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    ECM And APE Guide

Needed Files (All of these are free tools and you do not need to pay for any of them)

Extra's
    • Cue's and Sbi's for any games missing cue sheets, sbi's can be used to aid hacking protection

This guide will cover all the above software used and point to downloads of the software but you may already have the software installed on your machine so just skip the download and install parts

7-zip
    Dealing with 7z and rar files

Go to the 7-zip site and download and run the version designed for your OS.

Once installed you can then right click on rar and 7z files and select extract here or extract files if you wish to choose your own output folder

Note that some of these contain 7z files inside of rar files, both of these will need extracting

Do his now with your downloaded game (do one game disc at a time)

ecm tools
    Dealing with ecm files

Download ecm tools and extract this into the same folder that you extracted the above, you can use the same right click method and choose extract files then choose the same folder as the game you extracted.

Now you should have extra files with you game files including unecm, you can now drag your ecm file and drop it on unecm.

Unecm should now run automatcly, this can take a small amount of time so just wait for it to complete.

once fully unecmed you should either have a *.bin file or a *.img file, at this point you may delete the old ecm file.

Monkey's Audio
    Dealing with ape files
    , you may skip this totally if your game does not have ape files

Download and install Monkey's Audio (MAC)

Run it, now you will see on the left there is a big monkey head that says compress under it, hit the down arrow button on the right of the monkey head and hit Decompress, the Monkey head should change into what looks like a box with arrows pointing away from it

Now drap and drop all ape files into the big space under "File Name", now you can hit that Decompress button (picture of a box with arros pointing away from it), just wait for it to complete

Now not only should you have ape files in the folder but now there should be a wav version of every ape file you ran through the program, the ape's can be removed now and you can close the software.

Cue Missing
    Dealing with games that have no cue or ccd file included.

Download Cue's and Sbi's and open with 7-zip

From there you can find the folder that matches your game, you are best off sorting by name in 7-zip.

Once you find the folder just double click it like you would with any other folder in that folder you should find the missing cue file and maybe an sbi file.

Drag and drop the cue file to the same folder the other game files are in.

You can close 7-zip now.

Faking CD hardware
    Make your computer think you have a new CD/DVD/HD-Rom drive with a disc inserted

Download DAEMON Tools Lite and install it

(you may need to reset for this software during the install but the software will tell you if you need to do this)

Once fully installed there should be a small icon on the right of your task bar a round icon with a single lightning bolt going through it, if not run it manually the first time

Right click on the Daemon Tools Lite icon on the task bar and move your mouse to Virtual CD/DVD-ROM then move the mouse again to Device 0: [Drive leter] No Media, move the mouse once more to Mount Image and left click on it.

Now find the folder you have extracted and converted everything in and select the cue or ccd file and click on Open

Emulation with ePSXe
    Setup ePSXe to read from Virtual drives

Run ePSXe, Hit Config, Cdrom then Configure.

On this screen make sure the drive leter is the same as the virtual drives, default is FirstCDRom but that should be your actual CD-Rom Drive not the Virtual one.

Once you have this setup just click OK till your back on the main program, now to run the disc you have mounted, in ePSXe you just need to hit File then Run CDROM

Burning to CD-Rom
    Creating a bin+cue CD image from the Virtual drive using imgburn and burn the image.

NOTE:- if the game does not use wav/ape you can skip steps marked * and make sure the cd image is not mounted

Download and install ImgBurn then run it

*Choose Create image file from disc, next under Source choose the virtual drive, unlike your actual drive it has a very strange looking name but the drive leter matches up fine.

*Look at the Destination and change it if your not happy at where it will save by hitting the small folder icon with the spy glass at the end of it.

*Just hit that big green play button and wait for it to complete, shouldn't take that long then hit OK when it say it's done.

*Now thats done you can burn the new image file, click Mode on the top menu and choose Ez-Mode Picker.

Click Write image file to disc.

Under Source hit the folder icon with the spy glass at the end and choose your new cue file and hit Open.

Under Destination make sure your burning drive is selected, this should be selected by default though.

Under Settings change Write Speed to 1x, this will make the software burn at the slowest speed, though this will almost always be faster than 1x.

Time to hit that big green play button, you are given extra options while this burns, I'll leave that up to you to choose what you want the software to do after it completes it's burn.

Once done just hit the big OK and quit the software if you didn't tell it to do so automaticly

Thats all for the guide, for now, hope this helps.

TODO

Add info on fixing cue sheets....

For now I will say check your cue sheet in notepad and make sure all CDDA (Music) tracks are listed as .wav" WAVE instead of .bin" BINARY
    I will add this later in a easy to understand layout.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 16th-February-2011 at 16:30.

Thanks

i found a breath of fire that is in BIN file but when i try to open the game this text appeared (missing render texture....)

what wrong did i do now???!!!!!!

is this something related to the plug-ins ive used???
    im using Pete's Open GL2 driver 2.9 and ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0

HELP PLS..

Thanks
    EP Points

Use Pete's Soft Plugin to emulate that game.

Thanks

Pete's plug-in? is it for both graphic and sound??

could you pls provide me with the specific file name of the plug-in for graphic, sound, and CD-rom..

THANKS a LOT sir Cookie Monster!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Pete' Soft plugin is a video plugin and can be found here:
    http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm

As for sound and cdrom plugins, try these (Eternal SPU 1.41 and P.E.Op.S):
    http://ngemu.com/psx/plugins.php?cat...win32&type=spu
    http://www.pbernert.com/html/cdr.htm P.E.Op.S

Thanks

I hate it when it says that a .dll is missing. I always locate 'em with a search, but if it doesn't work, I just do what Cookie Monster said thar. I know it's already been answered, but I just wanted to share an alternative other than just having to download it separately.