Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Holy shit. That is sexy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

K, I have a sub mission now.
    I have the original (all different sketches spliced together), the Blackened copy and a color one too.
    Spoiler warning:
    grey black color

And then heres something fun:
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Grandma's arm is looking rough.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Grandma's arm is looking rough.
    Not mine!
    Just one I found on google.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jazz it's clear you've put a lot of effort into this. Nice work, bro.

inb4 crosshatch copies it in CRAYON!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quite lovely indeed, Jazz.

Of course, I find it amusing that everyone wrapped the star around the sword, but not everyone tried the whole star-wrapping-around-the-arm-and-finishing-on-the-wrist-thing.
    Last edited by Milady; 10th-March-2011 at 04:07.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

... I shall repeat. Holy shit. I'm glad you asked for the extension, Jazz, 'cause yours and Milady's are pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I actually do have a tougher decision to make than I had initially thought when I created this contest.

Since we aren't waiting on any more submissions, I'm going to call the contest CLOSED, go stretch and soak my poor poor muscles, and contemplate the winner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Okay. For the purpose of announcing the "winner," I am double posting after only an hour or so. SORRY ADMINS PLEASE DON'T HURT ME

Anyways. Some of you guys might think that Jazz is the obvious winner, but they also didn't see Milady's entry. It actually was a helluva lot closer than just "HOLY SHIT THAT IS AMAZING JAZZ PLEASE USE MY CREDIT CARD LOLZ I LOVE YOU." The clean cut, cartoony style that Jazz made there is definitely what I'm looking out -- it will fit well with the other two pieces on that arm. The Master Sword looks awesome, and should complement the sword on my left arm quite nicely. The Goomba getting hit by the star was a fantastic effect, and the ? Block at the top looks really nifty.

However, no one but me saw Milady's entry. Which was definitely a heavy contender. The window that she made, at the top of the Master Sword, is freakin' cool. She added characters and items that I never would have thought of, and managed to sneak in one of my favorite characters from the Nintendo 64 into the design in a way that looked freaking wonderful, and I didn't even ask her to do that. There are certain "additional" aspects of her design that I liked more than Jazz's, but the core design of Jazz's is just freaking wonderful.

So, for the purpose of this contest, the winner is:

JAZZMARAZZ

Jazz, check your PM inbox. Milady, you too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Congratulations, Jazz. You certainly deserve it!

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow. That is some excellent work there, sir. Congratulations are in order.

Edit: Just read the whole thing. Would've loved to see Milady's submission as well. Oh well.
    Last edited by Gare; 10th-March-2011 at 12:43.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

good job Jazz!

hey guys dont get mad at me for using crayon, I also did it on the bus and that was what I had. Im just lazy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can we see Milady's or can you at least PM it to me, Milady? I want to see it. Don't worry I won't use it for anything, or claim it's mine. I just really want to see it.

If not... It's cool.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Can we see Milady's or can you at least PM it to me, Milady? I want to see it. Don't worry I won't use it for anything, or claim it's mine. I just really want to see it.

If not... It's cool.
    When I get the actual tattoo done -- attempting to track down a colour printer right now so I can go and book this today -- I am going to post an update to this so you guys can see the finished result, and the two entries that fed into the design. So you might have to wait a little bit, but if you're really curious you can see it then.

I should really unstick this thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mine is really terrible compared to Jazz's. It's the first thing I've drawn for at least two years, only the third thing I've ever used color in (pencils, here, since graphite pencils are my preferred tools), and only the second or third thing I can recall drawing as simple lines with pen. The star is completely asymmetrical, the coins are grotesquely shaped, the colors were terribly planned (or not planned at all, I just drew the shaped, colored them, and realized that they weren't grouped very well). Also, what's up with that really girly star dust stuff, this is going on a male arm, Milady. I could complain all day about it.

For anyone who's terribly curious though, I suppose you can take a peek.

Also, I hope you don't mind Drag, but Jazz and I have decided that the next time you have a tattoo contest, we're working together. So we're just going to get started on designing tattoos for the rest of your body.
    Last edited by Milady; 10th-March-2011 at 18:50.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Mine is really terrible compared to Jazz's. It's the first thing I've drawn for at least two years, only the third thing I've ever used color in (pencils, here, since graphite pencils are my preferred tools), and only the second or third thing I can recall drawing as simple lines with pen. The star is completely asymmetrical, the coins are grotesquely shaped, the colors were terribly planned (or not planned at all, I just drew the shaped, colored them, and realized that they weren't grouped very well). Also, what's up with that really girly star dust stuff, this is going on a male arm, Milady. I could complain all day about it.

For anyone who's terribly curious though, I suppose you can take a peek.

Also, I hope you don't mind Drag, but Jazz and I have decided that the next time you have a tattoo contest, we're working together. So we're just going to get started on designing tattoos for the rest of your body.
    Fine. Make it harder on me to win. Be that way. I'm still going to design a better tattoo for his massive nut.