Thread: finding .elf files in normal ps2 games

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default finding .elf files in normal ps2 games

ok, so i know theres probably like a million threads and tutorials. but this new layout is really confusing me. lol.

so can someone tell me what kind of games have a .elf file and how exactly i'm supposed to change it?
    going up on the charts
    http://soundcloud.com/chrisepicedm

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

What re you wanting to do? the emulator can run iso files just fine using the linuzapps cdvd plugin, there' no need to look for an elf file.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If I remember off hand elf files = PS2 exe files, if I am remembering correctly then every single PS2 games uses them but renamed to SLUSXXX.XXX or SLESXXXX.XXX for us and eu games and variations of those

basicly the elf file is renamed to the games code, thats on the back and side of the game box aswell as the CD/DVD

change it to what????

emulation and burning you need an iso that is a CD/DVD image and has all the game files contained within the iso, extracting an iso is not a good idea unless you know what you are doing and the only reason you would do that would be to edit the contents only to build a new CD/DVD iso image

Other possible reason I can think of is HDD/USB installing maybe????
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2011 at 12:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

are you trying to use the freemcboot agent under fire mod using an elf file? besides rebuilding it such as making a cd game into a dvd, or the 007 mod i have no idea why you would need to change an elf.

Thanks

yeah, i'm trying to make a boot disc, but i do not have the 007 game so i was hoping i could make one with one of the few ps2 games i do have
    going up on the charts
    http://soundcloud.com/chrisepicedm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisepic View Post
    yeah, i'm trying to make a boot disc, but i do not have the 007 game so i was hoping i could make one with one of the few ps2 games i do have
    well you cant put freemcboot on a ps2 without 007. there are a few others that were unconfirmed but tested by someone but i just picked up 007 to save a headache.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...e-to-SWAPMAGIC
    thers a list of some of the games that might work there.

EDIT: 007 LINK: http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/ja...der-fire/16784 3.99$

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your looking for a second elf file then, they do sometimes rename these to bin or exe, though still remain to be an elf file, usually for games that have extra features in them or multiple games

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR