Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To own a cartridge.

Thanks

Default To own a cartridge.

Well, I love emulation and all, but I thinking owning the CD/DVD/Cart is so much more satisfying, like my R4DS, I actually don't want to play it, even though I can get any DS game, but if I never knew about the R4, I'd probably want to go out and buy some DS games

So, do you guys get the same feeling?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Of course.

I wish I still had my old Game Boy games. It's great to have emulation to relive old memories or play stuff you never had the chance to before, but I like holding the game I'm playing. I've stopped trading in any games just for this reason, although if I find something rare I may sell it because we gots to have money.

Thanks

Hm, I just started collecting Gameboy/GBC games, I lost ALL of my like 30 games, my steel case, light thingy, and my Gameboys, it sucked.
    "If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the heart of man"
    -Edward D Morrison.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My issue is that I thought trading in games was a good idea.

It wasn't. Only time it payed off was KHII for about $35, traded in a few more things and got about $70 worth of games without having to pay.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I imported Japanese copies of Rockman X3 and Breath of Fire 2; that should tell you where I stand.

Thanks

I don't mind emulation, since my base of emulation before PSX/N64 is on the PSP. All the emulators work fairly well, and you can physically hold the game you're playing.

Thanks

I love that I have the cartridges of Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Banjo Kazooie and Goldeneye 64

got more games but those are the biggest I think

Currently playing:

GoldenEye 007 on Nintendo Wii
    Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent on PC

Thanks

I got tired of looking for the same ds game everytime I went shopping for 2 years and not finding it anywhere. And the majority of older games I play I either already have, or they're independent translation patches for games that never made it over here.

Thanks

Also, cartridges are bulky. gameboy games aren't too bad, but I have an entire drawer in my dresser that houses my nes and n64 carts. and on the other side, I have 3 cd binders that contain every other game I own, plus backup discs of all the romsets I have. Of course if you want ultra compact storage, you can get external harddrives. I could fit every game I own on a terabyte drive with room left over, and it's smaller than my wii.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For anyone who knows me, they know that I'm a huge fan of Nintendo NES games, and used to collect them. I have no qualms about emulation, but whenever I can play the real game, on the original console, I'm happy. There are certain systems where I don't care as much -- I have no particular love for Gameboy games of any generation, with a few exceptions, so I don't mind emulating those -- but for the most part, I buy every game that I really enjoy. I would much rather own it than just have played it.

Emulation, for me, is treated more like a "demo." I'll play the game for a little bit, and if I really like it and have the system to play it on, I will go out and buy it. It also lets you play those really rare games that you might not be able to afford to purchase (for example, MMX3 can run up to $100 on eBay, last time I checked. Which was about five years ago).

Thanks

I agree. I've probably played through final fantasy 3/6 about 3 times. If I owned the gba version, I would probably grind every night before I go to bed, and I hate grinding on rpgs. When I start working, I will start collecting PSX games because its more fun to play on the console. I went into a Play N' Trade a few months ago and was looking for Xenogears and ended up getting Parasite Eve for $12.99 which had a Xenogears demo disc, so I'm pretty happy with real carts and discs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Only if it's a game I really love or one I know is valuable. IE. Suikoden 2 and the original non-Greatest Hits Xenogears.

Thanks
    EP Points

xenogears is valuable? ... i always see it for $15....

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

@luffy4 Xenogears is incredibly hard to find most of the time, (at least at the places I looked) the guy at play n' trade told me that people asked for it before but they never have it.

Thanks
    EP Points

well where i live (canada) its easy to find

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean