System: PS2
    Genre: RPG/Demo
    Region: NTSC-U
    Language: English
    ID#: SLUS-29171 PDSS-021365
    Image type: DVD Decrypter (.iso .mds)
    Image size: 1.15GB
    Compressed size: 344MB

Mediafire is being pretty annoying deleting my accounts left and right, so I'm doing what I can to prevent that.
    In order to obtain this file you require both attached files.
    To download the links you must install JDownloader and use the .dlc file.
    Your downloaded file will not extract till you use the .par2 file to repair it with QuickPar.

September12a
    Last edited by Ragnar; 15th-May-2014 at 14:25. Reason: fixed pics
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try pyLoad, CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,976 Times in 676 Posts

EP Points

Welcome to Ragnar's mini(?) FAQ. For matters related to his uploads & things~

-----------------------------------------------------

Q: I downloaded a game with a .epme extension, how do I extract it?
    Spoiler warning:
    To protect my re-uploads after the Megaupload takedown, I'm sorta mauling the filenames of my games. On good filehosts I can't tag them with clear filenames anymore, so I'm just posting the stock number, and changing the .rar file extension to .epme (named after the mainsite, Emuparadise.me). This change may look confusing, but it's superficial and won't impede your use of the files in any way.

For simple extraction it's best to just use 7-zip, it should be able to handle all the files I upload, without the need to recombine.

If you'd prefer Winrar you may need to un-split the files first with HjSplit. I always span files larger than 200MB with HjSplit Also, you may need to change the .epme file extension back to .rar. Or you can simply associate .epme to Winrar.

Here's a simple guide on how to extract a HjSplit file with 7zip.
    First up, make sure all the files are in the same folder and are named consistently, meaning if one of the files came from a mirror that_added_underscores_everywhere_you'll need to cleanup the filenames. Once you think you're ready right-click on the 001 file, you should see these 7-zip options:

Simply click "Extract Here" and it'll extract. It's that easy "Extract to" may get confused if there's a period mark in the filename, but if you want more advanced features simply click "Open archive".

Q: What the heck is a PAR2 file, and how do I use it?
    Spoiler warning:
    Basically a PAR2 file is used for error checking, and it has recovery data built right in. So if by some chance your download was corrupted, you should be able to simply fix the file instead of redownloading. Provided of course, that I gave you enough recovery data to cover any of your damages.

I'm posting PAR2 files with my uploads because I'm intentionally damaging my files before submitting them to filehosts, so they can't simply view the guts of a file with a hex editor to easily see what it really is. It's a kinda extreme step, but they seem to be looking, so I have to...

Using PAR2's is easy. First you need a program to handle them, I suggest QuickPar:
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/
    If you aren't using Windows (or if you just wanna check out the alternatives) you can skim a list of available programs on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parchive

Anyways, once you have QuickPar installed. Simply place the PAR2 file in the same folder as your downloaded files, then give it a double-click. It'll scan your download, if all is well it'll tell you it's ready to recover your stuff. So click on the Repair button, down on the bottom right corner. QuickPar will do it's thing, and output a nice functional file for you to enjoy. No need to recombine or any other weird stuff I've been known to do, I'm setting these up to try and make your life easy~

The most common problem new users have using PAR2s seems to be accidentally creating piles of random new PAR2 blocks, and then having no idea what they're supposed to be clicking on. Generally I'll only give you one PAR2 file. So if you've gotten confused and have PAR2 files laying everywhere, delete them all, and grab the one PAR2 file you need again.

Q: Do I need to download all these links to play?!
    Spoiler warning:
    Yes. You'll need everything.

In the case of multi-disc games you can get away with just getting the first disc to start. But eventually you will need those later discs too...

Q: How do I download with JDownloader?
    Spoiler warning:
    Ok, I'll show you the basics. Firstly, download and install JDownloader. Be sure to avoid any of the extra crap that's offered with the install. The "Offline Installers" are best, they're usually listed at the bottom of the downloads page.
    http://jdownloader.org/

When you first start up JDownloader it may start auto-updating, as it needs a bunch of current plugins to connect to various filehosts. Let it finish updating before doing anything.
    Once it's ready simply double-click on the .dlc file you saved from here (drag and dropping onto JDownloader works too). That should load up the download links on the Linkgrabber tab on JDownloader:

From there simply click "Continue with all", and the links will be moved to the Download tab. Then click the Play button (the > arrow) on the top left and JDownloader will get to work. If JDownloader doesn't defeat the hosts captcha recognition on it's own it'll nag you to do it:

Plug in the correct code and it'll start downloading

Q: JDownloader can't open your DLC? It's giving some container server error...
    Spoiler warning:
    This is a random persistent bug in Jdownloader, it doesn't have anything to do with the specific DLC file you're attempting to open.

If you encounter this error you can try and work around it in 3 ways:
    1) Simply try and load the DLC file in a different manner. There are several ways to load DLCs. You can double-click the DLC file, you can drag & drop the DLC onto Jdownloader, you can simply right click on the DLC and Copy it so the Linkgrabber will catch it, or you can use the menu option Links>Add Links> Add Container (or Ctrl+o if you want a shortcut).
    2) If the first easy options don't work you can try and update Jdownloader. You can do this by pressing the little globe icon on the top right (or hit Alt+a). If you happen to be 100% up to date and it's still not working you may have to downgrade by uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
    3) Reinstalling Jdownloader is somewhat extreme. It would be considerably easier to 'dcrypt' the DLC file yourself. I will not explain any details regarding that though.

Q: JDownloader says "fatal error" when downloading from Mediafire
    Spoiler warning:
    Gah, I don't know why JDownloader isn't fixing this. Mediafire has added a random captcha that'll occasionally pop up, JDownloader (and every other manager?) fails to load it, and it causes that fatal error. Mediafire logged your IP address when assigning the random captcha on you, and will re:hit you with it on every link you attempt to get, till you fill it out.
    To get past it simply use your internet browser to download a Mediafire link like a normal person would. If the links you're attempting to get are in a DLC file you can just Google down any random Mediafre link, it doesn't matter what you try and download.

Wait, screw that, I'm not going to make you Google when I can do it just as easily and save you the time. Here, Zelda on the NES: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Q: I hate JDownloader, do I really need to use it?
    Spoiler warning:
    You need to use some sort of manager for .dlc files. There are some alternatives out there, which I haven't personally tried, but I've heard suggested before. You can give them a spin if you want:
    Cryptload
    Mipony

There are almost certainly other alternatives too. If you have some favorite download manager it can't hurt to check if it works with them.

Q: Megaupload died, please reupload ________!
    Spoiler warning:
    I'm uploading stuff as fast as I can. I just have a normal residential broadband internet connection, so it'll take a loooooong time to get everything I had up before back up... For now I'm focusing on reuploading PS2 games, because the mainsite should cover most anything else you might need. I'm not going out of my way to fill reupload requests, but if you really want something I don't mind if you ask, I might help. Maybe.

Umm, I'm kinda getting bored now. If you have any requests feel free to shot them at me, I'll see what I can do!

Well, my Mediafire account got taken out. I'm not super interested in reuploading normal full PS2 games, because the mainsite now has perfect 1:1 copies of nigh every PS2 game.
    So I'm moving onto PSP games, and posting perfect 1:1 games. Something the PSP section sorely needs (seriously, I tried downloading a bunch of stuff, it was all crap IMO...).

Q: I can't extract, 7zip says something is corrupt.
    Spoiler warning:
    Files can corrupt while downloading. Make sure any split files are all the exact same size (except for the last part which should be smaller), to ensure there aren't any incomplete downloads. If all the sizes match then you should check the release post a see if I've attached a .sfv file to it. You can use a .sfv with a program like QuickSFV to easily verify the checksum of your files. If it reports that one of the files is damaged you'll need to redownload it. If I've yet to make a .sfv for your game please ask for one, and I'll try to get you one ASAP

Q: I want to play ______ game on an Emulator. How do I do it?
    Spoiler warning:
    I donno, ask Cookie Seriously, I don't have a clue, but don't bother Cookie First you should check these links:
    Playstation 2 FAQ
    Playstation and PSP FAQ
    Sega system guides

If those don't answer your questions you may want to make a thread asking for help in the relevant section over in Everything Emulation. Also there's surely more guides and tips around, try reading around a bit, you might find just what you want to know

Q: I want to play ______ game on a console. How do I do it?
    Spoiler warning:
    I donno, ask Cookie Sorry, I'm sure I know, don't bother Cookie But there's almost certainly better guides out there than I'm going to bother writing for this mini(?) FAQ. Again, check these:
    Playstation 2 FAQ
    Playstation and PSP FAQ
    Sega system guides

Q: I extracted a PS2 game, and it gave me some strange .i00/.i01 files... What do I do with these?
    Spoiler warning:
    .i00/.i01 files are a simple split .iso format. I was posting games in that manner so oldschool FAT drive users could still use them. Annoyingly enough the .i00 file is still too big for Windows FAT users nowadays. They used to fit fine... I suspect Windows has started attaching a few bytes of header data or something to files, making them a touch too big Anyways, none of that is too important. Lets get down to what you want to do with them.

-If you're playing with Swap Magic or a Modded PS2: You've got nothing to worry about. Just load the .mds controller file into ImgBurn (or the image burning software of your choice) and burn as you would normally.

-If you're playing with ESR on a console: Here's the annoying catch. You need to unsplit the image to ESR patch it It's not difficult to do, I have 2 usual ways I suggest someone does it.
    -1st way. Mount the image using the .mds to a virtual drive (Daemon Tools for instance). Then rip an ISO from the virtual drive using ImgBurn (or whatever image ripping software you prefer). That's it, you've got yourself a joined image
    -2nd way. Use HjSplit, I said it was a simple split .iso format, didn't I Rename the files like this:
    Game Name.i00 --> Game Name.iso.001
    Game Name.i01 --> Game Name.iso.002
    Then open HjSplit and join the files. It'll run over it for a few minutes (It's progress bar may get confused), once it says joining completed you're good to go.

-If you're playing with an emulator: 2 options. 1st, simply load the .mds into a virtual drive like Daemon Tools, and play the game with a CD/DVD plugin on PCSX2. 2nd, simply follow the unsplitting options I suggested for ESR users above. Then you'll just have a standard ISO.

Q: I think the iso you gave me is ripped/corrupt/incomplete/bad!
    Spoiler warning:
    Noooo~ Virtually everything I upload I've personally ripped 1:1 images from original discs I own. If I'm not ripping something myself I try to be up front about it. When there's any question of data corruption I follow the old tried and true ripping method of ripping multiple ISOs and comparing them to ensure they're identical So yeah, if you're having playback issues on an emulator, it's not the fault of the image...

Edit: Oh, a fair chunk of the PSP games I'm uploading aren't my personal rips. I like leaving my games sealed nowadays ^^ Anything I've downloaded is verified against whatever online CRC databases I could scour, so they're all good.

Q: What's the RAR file password?
    Spoiler warning:
    As a matter of principle I don't like to password files. With the Megaupload takedown, the handful of passworded files I did have are long gone. So 100% of my files are password free. If your compression app is asking you for a password it's possible it's just flaking out, I've seen both WinRar and 7zip do this. If one of those is doing it to you it's best to just try the other It's also possible a corrupted download could cause that error, use those sfv's I post to be sure that's not the problem.

Q: How can I ever repay you for ________?
    Spoiler warning:
    Uhh, it's no big deal, I like helping. Simply clicking the :thanks: button in the bottom left corner of my posts will make me happy
    Last edited by Ragnar; 13th-April-2014 at 15:14.
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try pyLoad, CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks

woooooooow, thanks alot! I finally can enjoy this awsome game again : p

Thanks

this may be the biggest noob question ever, but is there a way of downloading all the rapidshare .rar's without going to each individual link and waiting and downloading and repeating, etc. ???

Thanks

EP Points

YES! Jdownloader is magic. Check my sig FAQ for a brief explanation of it. It (usually) bypasses Rapidshare's captcha, meaning you just load the links into, hit start, and walk away

Thanks

it's work?

Thanks

.001 continues to give me errors.

Thanks

EP Points

Extracting with 7zip? Winrar will make errors because it's been splitup with HjSplit, if you want to use it you need to unsplit the files first. 7zip just works as is.

Thanks

megaupload part 3 is dead. thanks for the upload.

Thanks

EP Points

Hmm? I don't see any dead links anywhere. Probably just temporary, I guess?

Thanks

another outstanding RPG

Thanks

Your aware that rar can split his own file and thus you don't need to slipt them in .001 .002 ect.. Anyway with that said I think you should transfer anything you possibly can to rapid share. Seems better even though it's a real pain to download bits by bits... ahh well, thanks anyway for this marvellous game ...it seems to work fine. I needed only to use hjsplit.exe a file joiner about 343kb big just google it (to join the .001 .002 up to .014) and then winrar to unrar it and that's it. It was playable with the emu I have. (i'm saying all this to help others at the same time not to educate you except maybe the first phrase, lol). Anyway would it possible to do us a list of what has been transfered to rapidshare up to now ? there's a few more rpgs I would like to have. (ohh and one last thing if by hazard you would know the answer and could prevent me a wild goose search. Do you know what settings I should use ...i mean video settings for ROGUE GALAXY. I have the emu PCSX2 0.9.8 I'm aware that when people ask you this you foward them almost all to the appropriate places I just take a chance in case you know it's still playable in the most part (I almost got it perfect with using DX11 software) instead ofthe standard DX9 ,

See you and many thanks again for the dragon quest game it's appreciated and by the way ...where's the thanks button you mentionned in earlier post ?
    Last edited by Megaverse; 29th-January-2012 at 03:12.

Thanks

EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Megaverse View Post
    Your aware that rar can split his own file and thus you don't need to slipt them in .001 .002 ect.. Anyway with that said I think you should transfer anything you possibly can to rapid share. Seems better even though it's a real pain to download bits by bits... ahh well, thanks anyway for this marvellous game ...it seems to work fine. I needed only to use hjsplit.exe a file joiner about 343kb big just google it (to join the .001 .002 up to .014) and then winrar to unrar it and that's it. It was playable with the emu I have. (i'm saying all this to help others at the same time not to educate you except maybe the first phrase, lol). Anyway would it possible to do us a list of what has been transfered to rapidshare up to now ? there's a few more rpgs I would like to have. (ohh and one last thing if by hazard you would know the answer and could prevent me a wild goose search. Do you know what settings I should use ...i mean video settings for ROGUE GALAXY. I have the emu PCSX2 0.9.8 I'm aware that when people ask you this you foward them almost all to the appropriate places I just take a chance in case you know it's still playable in the most part (I almost got it perfect with using DX11 software) instead ofthe standard DX9 ,

See you and many thanks again for the dragon quest game it's appreciated and by the way ...where's the thanks button you mentionned in earlier post ?
    You shouldn't need to use hjsplit.
    7zip can merge and extract.

Thanks

lol even better hahaha, Thanks

Thanks

Hi im a newbie, idowloaded all the files, put all in one folder,edited them,extracted them with 7zip,says crc failed in 'dragon quest 8 iso file is broken, what do i do now ? thanx for any help.