Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem with burning games :(

Thanks

Default problem with burning games :(

ok im kinda new to this, I have problem with some of the games that I have downloaded, here is the thing : some games have an iso file and when I try burn them it doesnt work

another game has both iso and mds , which file should I burn? I tried the iso and it didn't work

other games has bin cue now what to do with those??

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me with answering these 3 questions thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Are you trying to play your games on a console? Because consoles need to be modded in some way to make burnt games playable, and if you've burnt 2 games and neither worked I'd suspect that's the problem. Read the PS2 FAQ that's up above this thread.

About what to do with specific files. For .iso's, you can just burn them, it should work. The .mds files are pointer files, that'll tell your burning app how to burn the .iso. They're generally pointless, except for the handful of games I've posted that come with .iso's splint in multiple chunks.

For bin+cue files (usually used with CD formats), always load the .cue file. It's another pointer file like the .mds, but there are many instances where it's 100% needed for your burn to work correctly. So use them when you get them.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

yes both my ps1 and ps2 are modded ! and I have downloaded games before that has ONLY iso file and burn them and it worked perfectly! but some games just dont work

I have downloaded dino crisis for ps1 from this site and it came with bin and cue and I just dont know what to do with them!

Also some ps2 games have this : iso and mds and I just wanna know when I start alcohol or imgburn which file should I load into it ??

Thanks
    EP Points

As stated above. Load the .mds file or the .cue file for those games that have them.

Thanks

oh a tiger, my soulmate! joke

but those files mds and cue are so small! isn;t the iso and bin the ones to burn?

Thanks

will it work if i try to execute the game_id(SLUS_something..) with uLaunch ELF?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The MDS and Cue files are like Headers that give the Disc Layout information you need to use them.

Other Top Tips:

Use good Media Verbatim for instance, Cheaper brands wear on the laser alot
    Burn at the slowest speed your burner supports, this makes for a better quality burn that will be easier for your console to burn

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bronozoj View Post
    will it work if i try to execute the game_id(SLUS_something..) with uLaunch ELF?
    No. If you can run uLaunch ELF and you want to play games you should load FreeMCBoot onto a memory card and use ESR.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Maybe something is wrong with the game, damaged or something. because I tried everything

But here is a game I really love but I'm confused of how I should burn it ? http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/psx/StarOcean/

it contains : ccd. ecm. sub.

Help me please :p

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm, you downloaded that file from that specific link? That's odd, the old hosted files shouldn't have ECMs in them. Most likely you got it from here:
    http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Play...c1of2%5D/37601

Scroll down the page and it'll give you some tools for ECM files. Basically it's an extra compression step specifically for ISOs, that can significantly increase compression on them.

Thanks

I downloaded this PakkISO but it doesnt work on my computer! when I double click it it doesn't come up

should I burn these ccd. ecm. sub. on some program like imgburn or something? I mean which one hmm :l

Thanks
    EP Points

You can't burn it till you un-ECM the the iso. If PakkISO isn't working for you give ECM Tools a shot, it's linked there too

Edit: When it does come time to burn, use the .ccd file. It's yet another pointer file, like .cue and .mds files

Thanks

nah both programs not working, is there no other way to extract this ecm?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    nah both programs not working
    You can't make a statement like that without elaborating further at all, and expect us to help. Both of those programs work fine...

Thanks
    EP Points

well

YOU HAVE TO DRAG THE .ECM FILE OVER THE UNECM ICON LIKE SO AND IT WILL WORK. lol

Name:  encm.JPG
Views: 313
Size:  62.5 KB

Just let it do it's thing and you'll end up with your iso/bin/whatever.