Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default 360. Lend me a probe/any extra info would be nice if any is needed

What I have so far

Gots my Sata PCI slot converter and my DVD drive is a Lite-on DG-16D2S FW-74850C.

So far I have a sata port that reads from the drive fine so far except for dumping from it (I don't have a spear/probe/whatever or any of the connections for it).

My Pc is olde (Windows 2K) that I am using for this so does have the olde mouse serial port that seems to be used for probe/spear pcb's.

What I didn't want but tough

Basicly I was hoping to avoid the need for a probe and have run out of cash for a while till I get back on my feet (Just lost a job (end of contract) and no idea when I will get any benifits as I have signed onto JSA so a little stressed over bills) but my luck is out I guess [only good thing about the job thing is that I get to be more active on my fav online home]

Unfortionatly no good at soldering so can't see me making my own probe

What else do I need?

Asides from the probe thing is there anything else (hardware more than software) that is needed to hack up me 360?

Will get to software/other needed files later once I gets hardware out of the way.

Can I loan some things

Any peeps from the UK willing to loan me a probe device (not bothered if it's home made as long as it works) this would be returned as soon as I have hacked up the drive??

If postage is not too much and they are willing anyone outside of the UK would be great also

I believe a probe is only needed once just to dump original firmware ect so would not want to keep one anyway and don't mind paying for postage too much..
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-January-2011 at 15:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

You say "probe" but that's just a wire that comes off the extraction device and goes into a hole on the PCB. You actually need the key extraction kit.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    You say "probe" but that's just a wire that comes off the extraction device and goes into a hole on the PCB. You actually need the key extraction kit.
    I knew that but to verify yes I need a full key extraction kit not just a probe

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR