Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manual and Guide Links Discussion (Originally Kouen's PSP Manuals Share)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmarazz View Post
    "As is highly suggested" you mean. I think that it should be enforced a little more.
    It's something that's been discussed and that we're working on. However, it's a little more difficult to go 'round and change eight million titles whilst things are being mass uploaded and such.

To start with the enforcement in the manuals section, it's necessary to choose a format and stick to it, rather than have people choosing their own format whenever they should decide to upload.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    It's something that's been discussed and that we're working on. However, it's a little more difficult to go 'round and change eight million titles whilst things are being mass uploaded and such.

To start with the enforcement in the manuals section, it's necessary to choose a format and stick to it, rather than have people choosing their own format whenever they should decide to upload.
    Whenever it's decided I'll use it, it will be a while before I upload anything anyway.

Thanks

EP Points

Thumbs up

I'm absolutely stoked to hear there might be a home on the EP forums for game manual scans!

My $0.02 on upload tags: [System][Type]Game Name[Filehost]...

e.g. - [PS2][Manual]Jak and Daxter[MegaUpload]

Putting the console name first might make browsing through a long list of stuff somewhat easier. Also, I agree that file format tags aren't necessary. I would cast a vote for .pdf being the standard file format for guide/manual scans. I prefer .pdf, and I'm reasonably sure most people do. I can to convert a .cbr to .pdf, but it's a bit of a pain.

Can't wait until this takes shape... I have quite a few books I can share, and I'm missing some others, too, so this will be great for me.
    Last edited by Rockstar1983; 4th-February-2011 at 00:18.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,649 Times in 662 Posts

EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    I would cast a vote for .pdf being the standard file format for guide/manual scans. I prefer .pdf, and I'm reasonably sure most people do. I can to convert a .cbr to .pdf, but it's a bit of a pain.
    Well I'm not most people then. I'm vehemently opposed to a restrictive container format like pdf. They offer no features aside from annoying pdf security. The only gain from pdf is the ability to use pdf viewers, the most common viewer (Acrobat) is the worst image viewer in the history of image viewers. I don't particularly care for .cbr, but .cbr isn't a format, it's simply an extension for a image viewer with Rar compression compatibility. Simply rename .cbr to .rar, or associate it to Winrar/7zip and you'll notice that .cbr's are just basic compressed files... The best format is always the one that offers freedom, so jpegs or pngs tossed in a simple container, .zip, .rar, whatever. The end user can do whatever they want with the files, view them with whatever program they like, delete pages that offend them, toss them in .pdf containers if they prefer Foxit, whatever.
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks

EP Points

Well, when you put it like that, .pdf's kinda bite the big one. (I had no idea you could "unzip" .cbr files. That's cool!)

So, .zip and .rar would be the preferred formats for uploading books, then?
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,649 Times in 662 Posts

EP Points

Well, they'd be my preferred formats. You're really free to do what you want I just didn't want us to be going around pushing .pdf's on potential uploaders
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks

Hmmm. Mine came with a Quick User Guide ... in Polish! Worse, the machine's language was in Polish (and when I checked the box - that too was all Polish). The problem was not understanding plish enough to know hbow to get to the Languages option without mucking up something else. Fortunately, the supploier spoke Polish ... there's a surprise! So - very grateful for the English PDFs - Manual now duplex printed out.