Thread: CFW 3.55 Waninkoko + Rogero Manager 7.8 Guide

Thanks
    EP Points

Default CFW 3.55 Waninkoko + Rogero Manager 7.8 Guide

First ever PS3 tutorial lol, would be nice if it was stickied amd I'd appreciate the +reps .

!!!WARNING!!! SO FAR THIS IS !!!NOT!!! FOR PS3'S WITH 256MB NAND IT !!WILL!! BRICK YOUR PS3!!

The following tutorial is on your OWN RISK and I will take NO responsibility for your bricking.

Following needed files;
    3.55 OFW (update to it if youre already on OFW then you dont need it)
    Waninkoko 3.55 pre-patched
    Rogero Manager 7.8
    FIX Permissions for Rogero Manager

Again nono for 256MB, you can chec this at the back of your ps3 it always begins somewhere with CECH, the following CECH list are bricks with any numbers after it;

FAT NAND SIZE
    CECHA = 256MB
    CECHB = 256MB
    CECHC = 256MB
    CECHE = 256MB
    CECHG = 256MB

Ok here we go;

0: update files have to be named PS3UPDAT.PUP yes UPDAT no E with it, make a folder named PS3 in that the folder UPDATE (both have to be in caps) in the UPDATE folder you put the PS3UPDAT.PUP

0a: In case you have already a CFW or a lower firmware, use the original OFW 3.55 which you can download from the official sony playstation website.

1: When you have the OFW installed, use the prepatched CFW of Waninkoko (this is so far a nono for 256mb nand's) install it normally or via recovery menu.

1a: The recovery menu is accessable by pressing and holding the power button untill it turns off again, release button and press again untill you hear a constructive 2 beep, so a beepbeep not beep.... beep..._ from there choose option 6)

2: Ok now you got the waninkoko CFW with the known app home and install package folders unlocked and still can go to PSN.

3: Now you have to put the Rogero Manager pkg and the fix permission one on a usb stick on the root, put it in the ps3 go to install packages install it, after that install the fix permissions.

4: run the fix permissions, it'll stay on a black screen for a long bit and then returns to XMB this is ok, after that it's pretty much like the jailbreak usb dongles.

Special Thanks to:
    team fail0verflow
    Waninkoko
    Rogero Manager
    some folks I guess

Disclaimer: These files are not uploaded by me and were found on the internet, I am not responsible for any bricked systems defective games or any other problems caused by CFWing the system, this purpose is used for backing up original games and piracy is not encouraged. (This should keep Sony off my back)
    Last edited by Rage; 19th-January-2011 at 10:25.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rage For This Useful Post: