Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Flashing 360 DVD-Rom drive via SATA to USB or IDE convertor

Is it possible to use a converter to install and hack the 360 DVD-Rom drive??

If so are there any extra steps needed?

I don't have a PC motherboard with Sata ports ect only an old desktop with olde ide drive ports and a laptop, but I am aware of convertors to ide and usb
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-January-2011 at 18:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Is it possible to use a converter to install and hack the 360 DVD-Rom drive??

If so are there any extra steps needed?

I don't have a PC motherboard with Sata ports ect only an old desktop with olde ide drive ports and a laptop, but I am aware of convertors to ide and usb
    If your PC has PCI slots on the motherboard, I would just get a SATA card for it. Much simpler than converters and they're only $10 or so.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks Sprung that would do the trick, reasonably sure it does have PCI slots, n a very quick search showed there about £7

out of interest would you be able to download content to a hacked 360 and import my profile to it, then redump to the dlc to my PC via a mem unit or usb while logged into my gamer tag and it be taged to my gamer tag or does it still have no tags on it at all still

Having a 2nd 360 to mess on with... i.e. hack n my main console I play everything on, I can still play offline using the same gamer tag on the hacked up console and keep my other one for originals unhacked online.

Would either of the above work
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-January-2011 at 19:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Sprung that would do the trick, reasonably sure it does have PCI slots, n a very quick search showed there about £7

out of interest would you be able to download content to a hacked 360 and import my profile to it, then redump to the dlc to my PC via a mem unit or usb while logged into my gamer tag and it be taged to my gamer tag or does it still have no tags on it at all still
    I'm pretty sure the DLC is tagged to the console, rather than the gamertag. The last time I redownloaded my DLC, half of it refused to work until I downloaded them via the License Transfer app on the Xbox site.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What about gamer tag importing/exporting between hacked offline and none hacked online, am I going to get myself banned, or is that perfectly safe. I do presume it's safe though, unless there is data in the gamer tag passed asides from played games/gamer score

P.S. ordered a VIA VT6421A SATA IDE RAID PCI Controller Card, comes with a ATA connection and I ordered a pack with 1 ata cable and a sata power convertor, in total for £7.58

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

What about gamer tag importing/exporting between hacked offline and none hacked online, am I going to get myself banned, or is that perfectly safe. I do presume it's safe though, unless there is data in the gamer tag passed asides from played games/gamer score

P.S. ordered a VIA VT6421A SATA IDE RAID PCI Controller Card, comes with a ATA connection and I ordered a pack with 1 ata cable and a sata power convertor, in total for £7.58
    The gamertag should be safe from banning. They only ban the console for modification. Once a console is offline, it lacks the ability to verify a purchase, so any DLC wouldn't work on the banned one.

EDIT: nice purchase

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I'm pretty sure the DLC is tagged to the console, rather than the gamertag.
    I retract this statement. The DLC belongs to the gamertag, not the console. But, banned consoles still can't verify purchases.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Interesting guess I will have some fun playing round and see what I can get around between the two consoles.

thanks again for your help in this, just wanted to figure out if I could still hack one without a sata motherboard realy and that a big yes

I was seeing running through a converter being a problem but and ide card should null any issues running through a sata to ide or usb converter may of caused

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Interesting guess I will have some fun playing round and see what I can get around between the two consoles.

thanks again for your help in this, just wanted to figure out if I could still hack one without a sata motherboard realy and that a big yes

I was seeing running through a converter being a problem but and ide card should null any issues running through a sata to ide or usb converter may of caused
    You're welcome
    Good luck!

Thanks
    EP Points

No to USB/IDE.

Yes to SATA, but Sprung covered + pointed you in the right direction on that one.

And if you want to dick about with unsigned code/XBLA/DLC shit then get a JTAGable 360/JTAG'd 360.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I retract this statement. The DLC belongs to the gamertag, not the console. But, banned consoles still can't verify purchases.
    I switched to a different GT (I got 2) and was able to use my DLC just fine on my console using the different GTs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xRyudo View Post
    I switched to a different GT (I got 2) and was able to use my DLC just fine on my console using the different GTs.
    When you buy DLC it's tied to that console that it was purchased on and the gamertag it was bought on.

On the console it was bought on you can use it on ANY gamertags.

If you take your gamertag and put it on another 360 you can use your DLC as well, as long as your profile which owns the DRM is signed into Xbox Live.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nuts got a Lite-on 774850C model no. DG-16D2S in the spare 360, not willing to strip my other one down..

Looks like I need a probe + whatever extra's

I can no way afford such a thing at this moment and no soldering skills, well not that good plus I don't have an iron at this moment.

(might make a thread requesting a lend of a device, home mode or otherwise I care not as long as it works obviously would return the product, would be best from someone that has known me for a while atleast)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]