Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going from disc one to disc two

Thanks

Default going from disc one to disc two

ok ive been playing on emulaters for a while now (gb,64,snes,etc...) but im bout to start playing ff7 and i was wondering what i would have to do when i get to the part when you go from disc one to disc two and will it carry my save over

Thanks
    EP Points

luckily ff7 has an ingame save when switching discs, so even if it happened to mess up switching discs you can load up the second disc and still continue.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you use ePSXe to play that game, just use the 'Change Disc' option on the File menu.
    and if you are using 1.7.0, and having problem with the changing disc option, either use 1.6.0 version, or save the game at the disc screen, and load the game through the 2nd disc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    If you use ePSXe to play that game, just use the 'Change Disc' option on the File menu.
    and if you are using 1.7.0, and having problem with the changing disc option, either use 1.6.0 version, or save the game at the disc screen, and load the game through the 2nd disc.
    It's also been reported that using a different CD plugin works. As well as mounting the discs and swapping that way.

Thanks

thanks for the quick replies but i cant even get ff7 to work

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LONGDONGSILVER View Post
    thanks for the quick replies but i cant even get ff7 to work
    lol, what's wrong?

Also specify what version of epsxe the plugins and if you have integrated graphics, mounting or playing the iso etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    It's also been reported that using a different CD plugin works. As well as mounting the discs and swapping that way.
    Well yeah, those method works sometimes, if it didn't, might as well switch to previous version.
    1.7.0 has been known for its changing disc bugs anyway, sometimes, you can also use savestates to fix the problem.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Well yeah, those method works sometimes, if it didn't, might as well switch to previous version.
    1.7.0 has been known for its changing disc bugs anyway, sometimes, you can also use savestates to fix the problem.
    Just stick to 1.7.0 it works just fine with mounted CD images as stated above, also it is best to run games mounted rather than from loading CD image that causes problems of it's own

Note: some games do have protection, though I'm sure ff7 was not one of them, ff8 PAL does though as does ff9 PAL the NTSC versions don't.

P.S. what files are you trying to run, full names please including extention... e.g. "Final Fantasy VII.bin" "Final Fantasy VII.cue" files must be extracted for PSX emulation by the way
    if you are trying to run an ecm file this is also a compressed file that required it to be extracted with ecm tools

I am guessing that the emu is setup correcty though including the bios image, recomend you grab pete's plugins if you don't already have those
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-January-2011 at 13:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i have 1.7 with all the plugins but it says error loading iso file [scus-94163].iso]

i can make a video showing what all i have if that would help

i just went threw my files and i have nothing in my patches folder what do i need in the patch folder
    Last edited by Inferno.; 14th-January-2011 at 06:27.

Thanks

Slightly related, its worth noting that Parasite Eve 2 is 2 discs, but does not feature a save function at the end of the first disc. However interesting fact, The last area of disc 1 is also on disc 2 so you just have to use the final save area before starting the event that makes the switch to disc 2.

Thanks

i found out its easier to just use a memory card but i still cant get my epsxe to work

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LONGDONGSILVER View Post
    i have 1.7 with all the plugins but it says error loading iso file [scus-94163].iso]

i can make a video showing what all i have if that would help

i just went threw my files and i have nothing in my patches folder what do i need in the patch folder
    If you're selecting the .CUE/.CCD or something when you go to FILE > Run ISO, select the .BIN file instead...

Thanks

it says there a ecm which is the bigger file (646,676 kb) and and a ecu file only 1 kb but there is no bin file i downloaded the iso from this website

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the ecm is a compressed file that needs extracting

also avoid using run iso and instead mount the cd image with daemon tools or another cd emulator and then use run cd instead

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    Needed Files (All of these are free tools and you do not need to pay for any of them)
    •7-zip Extract *.7z and *.rar
    •ecm tools extracting and creating *.ecm
    •Monkey's Audio *.ape to *.wav software
    •DAEMON Tools Lite virtual CD drive
    •ImgBurn for burning and re dumping
    Extra's
    •Cue's and Sbi's for any games missing cue sheets, sbi's can be used to aid hacking protection

This guide will cover all the above software used and point to downloads of the software but you may already have the software installed on your machine so just skip the download and install parts

7-zip
    Dealing with 7z and rar files

Go to the 7-zip site and download and run the version designed for your OS.

Once installed you can then right click on rar and 7z files and select extract here or extract files if you wish to choose your own output folder

Note that some of these contain 7z files inside of rar files, both of these will need extracting

Do his now with your downloaded game (do one game disc at a time)

ecm tools
    Dealing with ecm files

Download ecm tools and extract this into the same folder that you extracted the above, you can use the same right click method and choose extract files then choose the same folder as the game you extracted.

Now you should have extra files with you game files including unecm, you can now drag your ecm file and drop it on unecm.

Unecm should now run automatcly, this can take a small amount of time so just wait for it to complete.

once fully unecmed you should either have a *.bin file or a *.img file, at this point you may delete the old ecm file.

Monkey's Audio
    Dealing with ape files, you may skip this totally if your game does not have ape files

Download and install Monkey's Audio (MAC)

Run it, now you will see on the left there is a big monkey head that says compress under it, hit the down arrow button on the right of the monkey head and hit Decompress, the Monkey head should change into what looks like a box with arrows pointing away from it

Now drap and drop all ape files into the big space under "File Name", now you can hit that Decompress button (picture of a box with arros pointing away from it), just wait for it to complete

Now not only should you have ape files in the folder but now there should be a wav version of every ape file you ran through the program, the ape's can be removed now and you can close the software.

Cue Missing
    Dealing with games that have no cue or ccd file included.

Download Cue's and Sbi's and open with 7-zip

From there you can find the folder that matches your game, you are best off sorting by name in 7-zip.

Once you find the folder just double click it like you would with any other folder in that folder you should find the missing cue file and maybe an sbi file.

Drag and drop the cue file to the same folder the other game files are in.

You can close 7-zip now.

Faking CD hardware
    Make your computer think you have a new CD/DVD/HD-Rom drive with a disc inserted

Download DAEMON Tools Lite and install it

(you may need to reset for this software during the install but the software will tell you if you need to do this)

Once fully installed there should be a small icon on the right of your task bar a round icon with a single lightning bolt going through it, if not run it manually the first time

Right click on the Daemon Tools Lite icon on the task bar and move your mouse to Virtual CD/DVD-ROM then move the mouse again to Device 0: [Drive leter] No Media, move the mouse once more to Mount Image and left click on it.

Now find the folder you have extracted and converted everything in and select the cue or ccd file and click on Open

Emulation with ePSXe
    Setup ePSXe to read from Virtual drives

Run ePSXe, Hit Config, Cdrom then Configure.

On this screen make sure the drive leter is the same as the virtual drives, default is FirstCDRom but that should be your actual CD-Rom Drive not the Virtual one.

Once you have this setup just click OK till your back on the main program, now to run the disc you have mounted, in ePSXe you just need to hit File then Run CDROM

Burning to CD-Rom
    Creating a bin+cue CD image from the Virtual drive using imgburn and burn the image.

NOTE:- if the game does not use wav/ape you can skip steps marked * and make sure the cd image is not mounted

Download and install ImgBurn then run it

*Choose Create image file from disc, next under Source choose the virtual drive, unlike your actual drive it has a very strange looking name but the drive leter matches up fine.

*Look at the Destination and change it if your not happy at where it will save by hitting the small folder icon with the spy glass at the end of it.

*Just hit that big green play button and wait for it to complete, shouldn't take that long then hit OK when it say it's done.

*Now thats done you can burn the new image file, click Mode on the top menu and choose Ez-Mode Picker.

Click Write image file to disc.

Under Source hit the folder icon with the spy glass at the end and choose your new cue file and hit Open.

Under Destination make sure your burning drive is selected, this should be selected by default though.

Under Settings change Write Speed to 1x, this will make the software burn at the slowest speed, though this will almost always be faster than 1x.

Time to hit that big green play button, you are given extra options while this burns, I'll leave that up to you to choose what you want the software to do after it completes it's burn.

Once done just hit the big OK and quit the software if you didn't tell it to do so automaticly

Thats all for the guide, for now, hope this helps.

TODO

Add info on fixing cue sheets....

For now I will say check your cue sheet in notepad and make sure all CDDA (Music) tracks are listed as .wav" WAVE instead of .bin" BINARY
    I will add this later in a easy to understand layout.
    Sorry links are missing when the server went down and no time at the moment to find them, this is just one of the many guides I need to fix/re upload

Cue's and Sbi's http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L5YJ4KH0
    ecm tools http://www.emuparadise.org/PSX/ecm%20tools.rar
    Monkey's Audio http://www.monkeysaudio.com/

Thats the harder to find files anyway, daemon tools is easy to find as is 7-zip and imgburn

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

so i need to extract the files twice and i made a video

go to youtube and type in this need help with my epsxe