Thread: Play Ps2 Games Off Usb Sticks !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Arrow Play Ps2 Games Off Usb Sticks !!!

Originally posted here by JESUSoCHRIST. I'm merely re-posting what was lost in the rollback. All credit goes to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JESUSoCHRIST
    Play Ps2 Games Off Usb Sticks !!!
    Dec 31, 2008 - 9:23 AM - by JESUSoCHRIST

THE INTERNET HASN'T BEEN TO NICE TO USB STICKS, NOW THAT USB STICKS ARE 36GIG AND UP, ITS MUCH CHEAPER AND MORE EFFICIENT TO GRAP A USB STICK AND USE IT EXACTLY LIKE A USB HARDDRIVE TO PLAY PS2 GAMES FROM USB ADVANCE (USB ADVANCE IS A CLONE OF HDLOADER THAT USES THE USB PORTS)

PART 1, USB STICK TO USB HARDDRIVE TRANSFORMATION!!!

You need to make your computer think your USB STICK is a USB HARDDRIVE, so you can use programs like "USBExtreme" to install ps2 games to your USB STICK, and yes your ps2 will play it, when you launch USB ADVANCE.ELF

*u can even use a computer at a public library, when no one is looking *

Step 1 - find device manager

Plug your USB Stick in your computer, and browse to Device Manager. Type "devmgmt.msc" in the run box. Or, click START/SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL/SYSTEM/click the HARDWARE tab/now click the DEVICE MANAGER tab.
    see pic

Step 2 - find "Device Instance Id" of usb stick

Right click, your usb stick in your Device Manger, now select PROPERTIES, now select the DETAILS tab. copy the Device Instance Id number, highlight it and press "CTRL and C" on your keyboard, to copy it.
    see pic

Step 3 - download "USB STICK TO USB HARDDRIVE" attachment below

Its at the very bottom of this post. Extract the 2 files in there to your desktop.

Step 4 - add your USB stick's "Device Instance Id" to the "cfadisk.inf" file replacing the text "PASTE Device Instance id here of usbstick" with your "Device Instance Id"

example

%Microdrive_devdesc% = cfadisk_install,PASTE Device Instance id here of usbstick

to

%Microdrive_devdesc% = cfadisk_install,USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_USB2.0&REV_2.30\1 00000000000036D&0

USE YOUR FAVORITE EDITOR, NOTEPAD, metapad, etc. / its at line 26 for advanced users

PART 2, update your usb stick's device driver

Go back to your "Device Manager", find your usb stick again, right click, select PROPERTIES, select the DRIVER tab, select UPDATE DRIVER, select NO, NOT THIS TIME, select INSTALL FROM A LIST OR SPECIFIC LOCATION (ADVANCED), select DON'T SEARCH I WILL CHOOSE THE DRIVER TO INSTALL, select HAVE DISK, select BROWSE, open that file. and ENJOY YOUR NEW SUPER CHEAP USB HARDDRIVE.

PART 3, GRAB "USBExtreme" from the internet its a program for ur PC, format, your stick, and install a game, then enjoy the game from your ps2 using "USB advance.elf"

******on a side note, i didn't notice a speed difference on any of the 2, usb 2.0 usb stick i tested, versus a usb hdd, both were backward with 1.1? if that means anything at all, one was a 8gig and the other wasn't mine it was a newer 36 gig.
    *****cough* this isn't a PSP the cheapies work great off ebay lol. the games take a minute longer to load at first then hdloader, but its probably unique to usb advance. FIND A WORKING LIST OFF GOOGLE OF USB ADVANCE GAMES THAT WORK, AND U SHOULD BE FINE MY FRIEND.
    Attached Files
    File Type: rar USB STICK TO USB HARDDRIVE.rar (2.6 KB, 2877 views)
    Attached file is missing

Thanks

the tutorial was good, but the ending is confusing.
    how do you use the usb advanced.elf?
    do you boot it directly of the hard drive?
    or is there another tutorial i may have missed?
    going up on the charts
    http://soundcloud.com/chrisepicedm

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by chrisepic View Post
    the tutorial was good, but the ending is confusing.
    how do you use the usb advanced.elf?
    do you boot it directly of the hard drive?
    or is there another tutorial i may have missed?
    I too would like to know this.
    I have HDAdvance and can run games from ym hard disk but, if I could use an external drive/USB stick it would make it a ton easier to transfer games.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

USB has a very low compat infact only ever got Halflife to even boot but that was not playable it only just booted

the issue is that usb is very slow on the PS2

You boot the elf file via any elf booting method, this can be from a usb drive if you wish

I was using my swap magic running the elf from usb

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    USB has a very low compat infact only ever got Halflife to even boot but that was not playable it only just booted

the issue is that usb is very slow on the PS2

You boot the elf file via any elf booting method, this can be from a usb drive if you wish

I was using my swap magic running the elf from usb
    Aye I can confirm this too... while its nice to have the option it is almost useless Ive managed to get Timesplitters 1 to run but ya it takes FOREVER to load up

In this video I use a USB HDD but its no faster or slower than a USB Thumb Drive

Thanks

please the attached file is missing please where can i download it from.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The software was never legalised to download and is now kinda hard to find specially with it being kinda pointless for gamers

Though when looking for you... I just googled it

I did find another loader called Open Usbloader claiming to be more compatible

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_Lista...6?pagenumber=1

I personly have not tested this or intend to with this (don't want to waste time on it) that and I only just found it

PSX Launcher in the elf list in the above vid has more interest
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-February-2011 at 22:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR