Default a really dumb question

what color is the sky?

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

we need a spam lounge lol

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    we need a spam lounge lol
    That's what this section is for .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

true but in a spam loung you can make a post thet simply says "hi" but in f4a it would get closed

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

true but in a spam loung you can make a post thet simply says "hi" but in f4a it would get closed
    This works well enough I think, The Hangout is for all the pointless stuff . EP is the most laid back forum I've ever been on, you'd never see a section like this on another board .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

i think i did once but the hell if i remember where

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Alright, I'll bite.

Air is nominally translucent, but even with its low density, across sufficiently large distances, light scattering becomes significant. As in a prism, photons are deflected by varying amounts depending on their energy state - lower-energy photons are not deflected off the mean velocity profile as far as higher-energy photons are. Pursuant to this, the greatest amount of scattering occurs in upper spectrum of visible light: blue and violet. In addition to scattering, atoms in the atmosphere also absorb light at specific frequencies. For example, ozone (O3) absorbs significant amounts of high-energy photons, most famously X-Rays and gamma rays, but also ultraviolet wavelengths; nitrogen is similar. In addition to this, water vapour and carbon dioxide absorb significant amounts of infrared radiation. Due to this absorption, the dominant wavelength for the visible sky during most of the day is blue. The only exceptions to this are at sunrise and sunset, and during overcast weather where there is no direct sunlight. During sunrise and sunset, due to the position of the sun relative to the visible sky, solar light enters the atmosphere at a tangental vector with respect to the atmosphere and earth's surface. The increased distance the light must travel through the atmosphere therefore causes higher-energy photons to be scattered out, leaving only the lower-energy photons to reach the eye. When there is no direct sunlight, and indirect sunlight is still present, the light that reaches the surface is largely diffuse, leading to a color-neutral tone and the "gloomy" feeling of a grey sky.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

EDIT:
    Cheater.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Alright, I'll bite.

Air is nominally translucent, but even with its low density, across sufficiently large distances, light scattering becomes significant. As in a prism, photons are deflected by varying amounts depending on their energy state - lower-energy photons are not deflected off the mean velocity profile as far as higher-energy photons are. Pursuant to this, the greatest amount of scattering occurs in upper spectrum of visible light: blue and violet. In addition to scattering, atoms in the atmosphere also absorb light at specific frequencies. For example, ozone (O3) absorbs significant amounts of high-energy photons, most famously X-Rays and gamma rays, but also ultraviolet wavelengths; nitrogen is similar. In addition to this, water vapour and carbon dioxide absorb significant amounts of infrared radiation. Due to this absorption, the dominant wavelength for the visible sky during most of the day is blue. The only exceptions to this are at sunrise and sunset, and during overcast weather where there is no direct sunlight. During sunrise and sunset, due to the position of the sun relative to the visible sky, solar light enters the atmosphere at a tangental vector with respect to the atmosphere and earth's surface. The increased distance the light must travel through the atmosphere therefore causes higher-energy photons to be scattered out, leaving only the lower-energy photons to reach the eye. When there is no direct sunlight, and indirect sunlight is still present, the light that reaches the surface is largely diffuse, leading to a color-neutral tone and the "gloomy" feeling of a grey sky.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

EDIT:

Cheater.
    And knowledge is power!

Thanks
    EP Points

"the more you know" unless your peter griffin...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Those quotes aren't from family guy.

Thanks
    EP Points

nope, rescue heroes, but it was parodied on family guy

Thanks
    EP Points

the ozone layer is blue, space is black because of absense of color which means the sky is colorless and seethrough, if it was blue we wouldnt be able to see land or water from space, just a blue atmosphere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Rescue Heroes, Really!?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

nope, rescue heroes, but it was parodied on family guy
    Really? I was thinking G.I. Joe. Of course, the only reason I knew about was because of an OOTS parody, too, but...