Thread: TURN any original PS2 game to SWAPMAGIC

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Arrow TURN any original PS2 game to SWAPMAGIC

Originally posted here by JESUSoCHRIST. I'm merely re-posting what was lost in the rollback. All credit goes to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JESUSoCHRIST
    YOU NEED 007 Agent under Fire for ps2, you need the original ps2 game, your going to make the backup you have to swap it with. (works on every ps2 model, tested both models), so far only works with 007 agent under fire not NIGHT FIRE. my suggestion is to try games older then 2001. and use this guide as a template to do that. (more recent games have a file size check done at the same time the toc check is done at startup)

FIRST

1. Make a .iso image of 007 Agent Under Fire using dvd decrypter or imgburn.

SECOND

1. using "Apache v1.1" open the .iso image u made.

2. highlight "DRIVING.ELF" in apache on your right side

3. select "ISO Tools" from the tab uptop, now select "Change TOC for Selected File", change the "Size (dec)" to 915196, don't change the LBA. (FOR UR INFO, thats the file size of the "uncompressed BOOT.ELF" ulaunchelf file from v4.30 pack you will rename to DRIVING.ELF, aka, "uncompressed BOOT" rename to "DRIVING")

4. (for ur info, right click any file on your pc and select properties, the first "Size" is the size in bytes)

5. with "DRIVING.ELF" still highlighted, select "ISO Tools" again, now select "Update Selected File", select the DRIVING.ELF file that was ulaunchelf's "uncompressed BOOT.ELF" you renamed. (also attached below) it will say "selected file replaced"

6. WOW YOU JUST MADE A SWAPMAGIC disk out of this backup you made from your store bought original.

7. JUST BURN THE DVD NOW, and get READY TO SWAP THE BACKUP IN PLACE OF THE ORIGINAL.

THIRD

1. Put the orignal ps2 game in your ps2 now.

2. play the game until you make it to the 2nd level which is the DRIVING level, then save your game

4. Return to the main menu, now swap your original for your backup, now when you select the 2nd level, it'll boot to ulanuchelf

5. TADA!!!!! YOU ARE NOW IN ULAUNCHELF and you can install FMCB 1.7 OR 1.5 FROM A USB STICK TO YOUR MEMORY CARD NOW.

BOND BONUS TIP

if using a modchip, just run the back up you just made now as soon as you get into the 2nd level ulaunchelf will start.

VIOLA!!!!!

if your like me and everyone else, just swap the backup u made for the original at the main menu. make sure u have sensors blocked if using a slimline in order to swap at the main menu, if using fat ps2 you need the tool to open the drive in order to swap.

link to utube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i0MoJp8uwA

EMUPARADISE IS AWESOME http://http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=56181 link to FMCB 1.7 USB STICK PACK, u need a usb stick to install this to a ps2 memory card
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 8th-January-2011 at 16:57.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Originally posted here by JESUSoCHRIST. I'm merely re-posting what was lost in the rollback. All credit goes to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JESUSoCHRIST
    THE ONLY THING WE NEED NOW IS A SMALL LIST OF GAMES THIS EXPLOIT WORKS ON...
    FORMAT = GAME NAME which is separated by the file to replace with ulaunchelf
    ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SWAP THE ORIGINAL WITH YOUR BACKUP AT THE MAIN MENU
    REGION DOESN'T MATTER FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, SO IF YOUR USA, PAL OR JAP THESE SAME GAMES WILL WORK FOR U PROVIDED THEY MATCH YOUR CONSOLE REGION, ALTHOUGH THESE WERE ORIGINALLY DONE WITH USA GAMES

WORKING BELOW...

007 Agent under fire, DRIVING.ELF (go to 2nd level)(check first post)

007 FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, NFS.ELF (YES TESTED THIS TODAY WORKS, go to the need for speed DEMO from the main menu, and it will boot ulaunchelf i used v4.30 again)

SOCOM COMBINED ASSAULT, SCUSNGUI.ELF (swap at main menu, select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "LAN", you will go to another screen where you exit, upon exiting that screen ulaunchelf v4.30 will start. (just done today)

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater, NETDOWN.ELF (used the compressed file from ulaunchelf 4.12, only exception so far) press start, your now at the main menu, swap disks, select "SPECIAL", now select "CAMOUFLAGE DOWNLOAD", ulaunchelf 4.12 will now run

Socom 3, SCUSNGUI.ELF (from main menu, select your save, now select "ONLINE", now select "LAN", now select "EDIT CONFIGURATION", now ulaunch v4.30 will start (used uncompressed boot from ulaunchelf 4.30 pack as usual)

Socom 2, SCUSNGUI.ELF (from the main menu, just swap in your backup, this one is super easy, now select "LAN", now select "EDIT NETWORK CONFIGURATIONS", now ulaunchelf v4.30 will run.)

Syphon Filter The Omega Strain, NTGUI2CN.ELF (in netgui folder)(first create a save game, then select "PLAY ON-LINE", it will now ask you to "Launch NetGui application now?" select yes, ulaunchelf 4.30will now run.)

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, SC3_ON.ELF (super easy, swap at main menu, press start, then select "MULTIPLAYER ONLINE", ulaunchelf v4.30 will now run)

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, GUI.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)(at main menu swap, should be routine for u by now, "press start" now select "PLAY ONLINE", a series of loading screens will happen, select "create/edit", select "create/edit" again, another screen will ask you the same question. now ulaunch v4.30 will run.

King of Fighters Neowave, NTGUI2.ELF (press start, now select "NETWORK MATCH", highlight the first option and enter that, now select the second option, now ulaunch v4.30 will run

star wars battlefront 2 NTGUI.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)(go to the main menu, swap and select "multiplayer", now select "LAN", select "Add/Edit", now select "EXIT WITHOUT SAVING", ulaunch 4.30
    will run.

Jak X Combat Racing, NTGUI_UC.ELF (in the NETGUI folder)(first create a save, from the main menu, select "Exhibition", now select "LAN", now select "ACCEPT", ulaunchelf v4.30 will now run

Ratchet Deadlocked, (aka Ratched Gladiator in europe) NTGUI.ELF (in NETGUI folder)(select "MULTIPLAYER", now select "ONLINE PLAY", select "NETWORK SETUP", ulaunch 4.30 will now run.

Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, NTGUI2.ELF (in the NTGUI2 folder)(select "ONLINE", now "ACCEPT", now select "Edit/Create Network Configuration", ulaunchelf v4.30 will now run, best thing this game is for lol.

YOUR ORIGINAL SPORTS GAME HERE, if it has support for online gaming it should have a usable .elf file (i just don't consider "sports" games, worthy of any money, maybe thats why their always for sale used dirt cheap, just like the movie industry never gives out any awards for pron.)(well sports games of all kinds serve a useful purpose now right?)

FAILED BELOW DO NOT TRY UNLESS U WANT A COASTER LIKE ME LOL

007 Nightfire
    Golden Eye Rogue Agent (game doesn't rip)
    Yugioh Beginning of Destiny
    megamanxcollection
    splinter cell (THE VERY FIRST SPLINTER CELL GAME)
    Call of Duty 2
    James Bond Quantom of Solice (this definitely failed)
    Xmen Legends 2 (maybe a way for a .irx exploit, don't see the point in making another coaster)
    Call of Duty 3

EDIT*cough* gona try to get at least 15 tested, the general theory is that the file must has the .ELF extension and the game must have a network funtion (NETGUI), like online gaming or downloads, thats just about a guarantee, i've seen the same file renamed a bunch of times already. i have tried other file extensions/renaming, no results yet there. MY GUESS, seems like developers had a choice to save some work load, or were forced to use script or code that they didn't have the option of editing at all for their network gaming needs

*These games still work fine, just about all of them work on hdloader, there is no reason to throw them away once you have FMCB installed *cough* u can even esr patch these in the process if you wanted to play your dvd backup directly after installing FMCB, although i didn't test this.

15 of 15

Thanks
    Thanked 13,301 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Umm, just to repeat what was said many many many times in the last thread. *Only* Agent Under Fire works with this method, none of the other games JESUSoCHRIST suggested have worked for anybody else despite repeated attempts. You can try em yourself if you have the games on hand, but you're best off just buying Agent Under Fire. The game is dirt cheap, hit the stock checker on Gamestop:
    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=16784
    http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/Produ...duct_id=206019
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

what games actually work..for example I have mlb 08 the show and some other games..Will it work with mlb 08???

Thanks
    Thanked 13,301 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Most likely, no. You can try fooling around if you want though, I don't think every alternate suggested game was tested. And it's quite possible some other games in the massive PS2 library out there indeed function.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Ok thanks..because I have seen that you could do it with the online play and that game has an elf for online play. I just dont know why dvd decrypter wont burn the iso image. I have a memorex dvd burner and memorex dvd's.