Thread: EzFlash 3-in1, Legacy of Goku II, and Buu's Fury help

Thanks

Default EzFlash 3-in1, Legacy of Goku II, and Buu's Fury help

Well earlier today I'd been using the ol' Google-fu in an attempt to find a solution for myself but I didn't really dig anything up except for references to vba-over.ini.

The problem with these games seems to be the same that was affecting VBA in inducing the "hardware not supported" whenever trying to go to the world map in LoGII or trying to enter the Grand Kai's place in BF.

Anybody know of any fixes that don't involve supposed .ips files that no longer exist or were fictional in the first place to shut people up who asked this question on GBATemp?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your confusing me

Are you playing via the EzFlash hardware or through VBA

We still have vba over for VBA but if you are using EzFlash hardware that will not help you (well not directly)

The problem though is that the emu VBA and if you are getting the same error with EzFlash then it's just detecting the incorrect save data type

in VBA you simply use the vba-over.ini fix, then in EzFlash if it's using the same type of saves as VBA you can create a save in VBA than copy the save to EzFlash's micro SD or whatever it uses, there are online save converters aswell, that at this moment in time I don't have time to look for, for you if the save data used in EzFlash is a slighty diff format to VBA

VBA-Over is found at http://www.epforums.org/local_links.php?catid=5

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Your confusing me

Are you playing via the EzFlash hardware or through VBA

We still have vba over for VBA but if you are using EzFlash hardware that will not help you (well not directly)

The problem though is that the emu VBA and if you are getting the same error with EzFlash then it's just detecting the incorrect save data type

in VBA you simply use the vba-over.ini fix, then in EzFlash if it's using the same type of saves as VBA you can create a save in VBA than copy the save to EzFlash's micro SD or whatever it uses, there are online save converters aswell, that at this moment in time I don't have time to look for, for you if the save data used in EzFlash is a slighty diff format to VBA

VBA-Over is found at http://www.epforums.org/local_links.php?catid=5
    Apologies about being confusing. I was playing them on my EZFlash 3-in-1 and the games were displaying similar behavior to VBA when it doesn't have vba-over.ini in the emulator folder.

I've been doing more reading though and it appears that GBA ExpLoader should solve my problem but I haven't tested it just yet. (Something about it hopefully setting the correct save type)

If that doesn't work and save conversion doesn't work I guess I won't bother with it and will just stick to playing them in VBA.

Edit: I concede defeat on this problem. I've been trying to get it to work with GBA ExpLoader and had no luck. Tried using the EZFlash 4 Client program to convert the rom's save type and no dice. Tried using GBATA to patch the save type and no dice. Even tried what you suggested about trying to use VBA saves and had no luck. *Sigh* I guess these are meant to be run on an emulator or the real thing so the save type is properly set. But it's not the end of the world for me. I only wanted to play these for nostalgia as I have already played them before. Oh well... at least none of my other games have had this yet.
    Last edited by Zieg30CT; 14th-January-2011 at 03:44.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Played the game on real hardware via flash cards in the past EZFAdvance (diff company flash card to EZFlash) and on a M3 gba flash kit, not tried on my M3-Real DS kit though, it does have a gba memory unit things aswell to enable gba side

Time provided I will dig out info for that game and atempt to fix it if possible, I know of a few patch sites if there still around that may have a flash kit fix
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-January-2011 at 11:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: