Thread: Pcsx2 beta version speed issues

Thanks

Default Pcsx2 beta version speed issues

I have recently downloaded the beta version of the pcsx2 (0.9.7) r3878. I have everything configured and running. When I start MGS: sons of liberty it starts up great, the cut scenes run great. but as soon as the game starts the fps skip down to around 1.7fps I managed to get it up to around 4.8 to 7fps but is still unplayable. here are my comp specs: Intel pentium dual cpu t3400 @ 2.16 ghz (2 cpu's) @ ~ 2.2ghz, memory: 3934mb of ram, directx version 11. Should be all you guys/gals need I suppose...?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

That happens w/ almost every PS2 game through emulation depending of the specs of your PC and the plugins for the program. Most people end up having to overclock their PCs to get gameplay to stable enogh for good FPS and/or constantly tweaking settings for each game to get better results (wouldn't consider "better" to be anywhere near perfect FPS ).

To get around all this I suggest you just delete PCSX2 all together (unless your PC's over 3ghz @ least!) and just buy a used PS2 slim ( not that expensive, mine was $40 in perfect condition) to do a sensor mod so you have the ability to swap. Get whatever version of Swapmagic avaliable on many sites (only like $5-$10, really cheap compared to gameshark/AR Max) and burn the file from my thread to a C

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ad-Mediafire-*

You'd never need to swap discs or tweak PCSX2 again and have the ability to burn images to DVDs yourself (via ESR patcher, then IMG burn) and/or back-up on HDD, by setting net connection, etc if you so choose to do so.

Just swap your SM CD w/ this CD image one time, install FMCB, and your done! Puts PCSX2's compatibility to shame and almost compatible w/ every image working w/ the ESR patch!
    Last edited by Destrudo; 23rd-January-2011 at 23:24.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks
    EP Points

MGS is one of the PC demanding games when playing it on PCSX2, with your current specs, I'm not surprised the gameplay will get slows as you started the game,
    though I'm not sure how much fps you get during the cutscenes.

Still, post your PCSX2 settings.

Thanks

Hey, thanks for the quick responses and the great feedback and alternatives. I just got lazy and didn't want to fix my PS2...lol. I think I will delete all this PCSX2 crap, and go back to ePSXe and my 360.