Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal gear solid

Thanks

Default Metal gear solid

Im not exactly sure if this is the place to acquire this sort of information, but I recently burned my copy of MGS to play on my computer (with epsxe) and it all works well, except none of my controls work; such as keyboard inputs, usb controller, etc. Ive tried everything I can think of, Ive burned too much time in forums and and Im starting to think that Im the only person with this issue. to clarify, the game starts up and seems to run great but no matter how the controls are configured it doesnt seem to accept any input. so playing the game is dumped at the start menu....please help. any information or link or such would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I run epsxe 1.7.0, run vista and have up to date drivers with a good graphics card and 4gb of ram.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I think this needs to be moved to Everything Emulation > Sony systems.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Default Mgs

looks like its been moved...still nobody has a guess?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by XxIcedaddyxX View Post
    looks like its been moved...still nobody has a guess?
    It's possible you have the type of controller wrong. example just digital etc. when in game hit F5 I believe it was too switch and try a button.

Thanks

Default Mgs

Yeah Im not a total n00b, I know about the f5 to switch, its just that nothing works. I have tried to configure the inputs for every option, keyboard and controller and nothing seems to respond

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried an earlier version of the emulator?

Thanks

Default Mgs

yeah i tried 1.6 i guess i could go further back, but do they support a controller?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yep, they do. I've used both PS3 and PS2 (via a PS2 to USB plug I have) controllers with them.

What kind of controller is it? And is it working with any other game/emulator?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, If you have configured the buttons for keyboard on the Gamepad Config using the Digital mode, it should be working as it should be.
    Depends on which controller you are using, you need to switch to either DualAnalog, or DualShock mode.

Thanks

Default Mgs

Ok, I will clarify. I use my wireless 360 controller via usb wireless 360 adapter. It has worked with every game I own/play....and/or I use my keyboard. I have never had a problem using either, but with metal gear solid non of the two seem to work which is extremely odd. that is why Im here...lol.

Thanks

Default Mgs

you guys/gals are the worst help ever...lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by XxIcedaddyxX View Post
    you guys/gals are the worst help ever...lol.
    It's a New Year, so yeah.

Well, try this guide for the 360 Controller, it seems you need to install certain drivers to make it work.
    The keyboard buttons should be functional if you have mapped it under the Digital mode.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use a program called Xpadder to map my USB gamepad to my keyboard. Works like a champ on my Windows Vista PC. Even installed it on a friend's Win98 legacy machine (he basically uses it as one big emulator [FCEU,SNES9x,GENS+, etc.] with no problems. Can't say enough good about it.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    *If my post was helpful, click the star in the lower left corner of it to say "Thanks".
    *My username will unlock my uploads, if a password is needed.
    *Games, Guitars, or Girls... choose any two.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
    I use a program called Xpadder to map my USB gamepad to my keyboard. Works like a champ on my Windows Vista PC. Even installed it on a friend's Win98 legacy machine (he basically uses it as one big emulator [FCEU,SNES9x,GENS+, etc.] with no problems. Can't say enough good about it.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    I use Xpadder and Trio Linker II Plus II, jandaman has loads of nice usb adaptors (he has site and sells them on ebay as well), making it possible to use the original controllers. I love Xpadder, it works perfectly and the controller images add a nice touch.

Thanks

Default Mgs

Happy New Year! =]

Thanks for all the input on usb mappers. My controller works fine using ePSXe, along with my keyboard. It's just that Metal Gear Solid doesn't seem to be replying to any input (yes I set my keyboard to be digital in the gamepad options, yes I've tried older versions of ePSXe) I have had the same issue with Valkyrie Profile but it is resolved after I uncheck multitap and then check it again. That is my issue help in that area would be great =] thanks.