Thread: Playstation 2 FAQ Broken Links

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Playstation 2 FAQ Broken Links

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    If any of the links provided in this FAQ doesn't work, please, report it by creating a thread in this forum. Thanks.
    Following links are borkenededed. Basically, it's mostly the stuff from sticky threads after 2008 that hasn't been restored yet, but there's also an external site link that's broken. I'll add some cached links from Google, but since I really don't want to have any stickied threads with my name on them...
    1. Running Backups, "Is there any way to play my PS2 backups in a non modded (no mod chip installed) PS2 console?" Tutorial link broken.
    2. Running Backups, "Do I need Swap Magic to install the Free MC Boot application?" Link to list and instructions broken. Thread ID 56482, Google cache.
    3. Running Backups, "I'm getting a black screen when trying to run my PS2 backups via HDLoader, any way to boot them so I can play them?" Link to tutorial broken. Thread ID 56230, Google Cache
    4. Running Backups, "How do I create that Virtual Memory Card?" Link to tutorial broken. Thread ID 56213, cache not found.
    5. Emulation on PS2 consoles, "Is it possible to run emulators in my PS2 console via an USB stick?" Link to information broken. Thread ID 57664, cache not found.

Why, yes, I am finally trying to figure out emulation of things more advanced than the SNES or GBA. Which means, for me, figuring out SwapMagic for the PS2, Homebrew Channel for the Wii, and whatever card supplanted the R4 from years ago for DS. *sigh*

EDIT: Found caches on Google for two of the four local threads. Pretty neat that you can search the cache for a specific URL, too; much easier than trying to guess the subject from the link and hoping for a hit.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2nd-January-2011 at 00:51.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mistral For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Any possibly to restore a link for PS2 bios?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks Mistral, I'll get it fixed this weekend, hopefully.

The BIOS file can also be found at the main page, BIOS section.

Thanks

Its broken cookie, the one on the main page that is.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just tested it and downloads and extracts fine for me.

Thanks

Hmm when I downloaded it downloaded I guess but extracting came up with a error so must just be me?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Following links are borkenededed. Basically, it's mostly the stuff from sticky threads after 2008 that hasn't been restored yet, but there's also an external site link that's broken. I'll add some cached links from Google, but since I really don't want to have any stickied threads with my name on them...
    1. Running Backups, "Is there any way to play my PS2 backups in a non modded (no mod chip installed) PS2 console?" Tutorial link broken.
    2. Running Backups, "Do I need Swap Magic to install the Free MC Boot application?" Link to list and instructions broken. Thread ID 56482, Google cache.
    3. Running Backups, "I'm getting a black screen when trying to run my PS2 backups via HDLoader, any way to boot them so I can play them?" Link to tutorial broken. Thread ID 56230, Google Cache
    4. Running Backups, "How do I create that Virtual Memory Card?" Link to tutorial broken. Thread ID 56213, cache not found.
    5. Emulation on PS2 consoles, "Is it possible to run emulators in my PS2 console via an USB stick?" Link to information broken. Thread ID 57664, cache not found.

Why, yes, I am finally trying to figure out emulation of things more advanced than the SNES or GBA. Which means, for me, figuring out SwapMagic for the PS2, Homebrew Channel for the Wii, and whatever card supplanted the R4 from years ago for DS. *sigh*

EDIT: Found caches on Google for two of the four local threads. Pretty neat that you can search the cache for a specific URL, too; much easier than trying to guess the subject from the link and hoping for a hit.
    We already made caches of almost all the tutorials we had and posted them at Falseparadise, we'll re-add them as soon as possible.
    This is what's already fixed:

1.- New external tutorial added.
    2 & 3.- Recovered.
    4.- Recovered, thread and files.
    5.- New external link added.

Any other broken link or missing tutorial you notice, please let us know it.

Quote Originally Posted by 53p71K_74nK View Post
    Hmm when I downloaded it downloaded I guess but extracting came up with a error so must just be me?
    Try this bios pack then:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

O I got one off of TPB but I was morally letting you know