Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I mean I'd post about other sports but there isn't anyone else to discuss them with.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

HOW ABOUT THOSE SNOOKER CUES!? And volleyball with all them spikes and smashes and also baseball with its all your base are belong to us 'cause I stole them and then I got hit by pitch and now I totally home ran you!

I can totally discuss other sports.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    Final note: I kinda find myself almost sort of in a way kinda rooting for Barcelona in that there European final. I fear England eventually losing a CL-spot to Italy once 10/11 and 11/12 goes out of play. My levels of self-contempt are off the charts, please don't hurt me!!!*

* I have no idea how much of a different Juve winning or losing would make, mind you.

That was totally not a smiley only post

Thanks
    EP Points

You people are awful for not keeping this thread alive!

So, talking point:

1. Football.
    1.1 Transfer guff
    1.1.1 Manchester United

HOLY CARP, they actually gave up on Di María after a single season. When the speculations began to, uh, form after last season I was all, like, "surely they can't be that silly" and now I'm all, like, "eh he they were lolz". It took Özil 1,5 seasons in England to start performing consistently (assuming he'll keep it up) but apparently they no have the patience. And what about the central midfield they bought? I'm randomly suspecting that Schweinsteiger is gonna be a bit - or loads, who knows - underwhelming but unfortunately I kinda adore Schneiderlin so it sort of evens out there. Despite their heavy spending I take great pleasure in the fact that they lack proper centre backs and a proper back-up forward. My league prediction: cunts.

1.1.2 Real Madrid

Has Ramos signed a new deal yet? When are you gonna finalize the de Gea-dealio?? WHY WERE YOU SO MEAN TO CASILLAS???

1.1.3 Olympique de Marseille

Does anyone know if they've hired any additional physios???

1.1.4 Liverpool

On the one hand I really still don't rate Benteke, on the other hand his stats are sorta super awesome considering he played for freaking Villa.

1.1.5 Arsenal

At first I was all "Beh, who needs ol' mushroom head????" and then I saw him play once I forgot all about liking Szczęsny. I'll really miss Ospina's weirdly short goal kicks though.

1.2 Pictures of Andrey Arshavin

1.3 Picture of Ryan Giggs

2. Volleyball

So, I've noticed, after playing for a while your wrists sort of hurt a lot. Discuss!

Thanks
    EP Points

1. Football.
    1.1 Transfer guff
    1.1.1 Manchester United

Friendly warning for any eventual ex-Madrid player: there's no life outside of Madrid. There I said it. The Di Maria-gate didn't surprise me in the slightest.

1.1.2 Real Madrid

Not yet, he wants a ridiculous amount of money and his constant, recurrent mistakes don't really justify what he wants. Also, see 1.1.1 above.

And no one was mean to Casillas but Mou and that was reciprocal. But now that you mention it, Casillas was mean to Diego Lopez..tsk, tsk.

1.1.3 Bayern Munich

Does anyone know if they've hired a new docs team??? Or perhaps Pep learnt this summer how to fix his players himself???

1.1.4 Liverpool

Too much money.. let's see..

1.1.5 Arsenal

The question is, why didn't you guys want Casillas???

1.2 Pictures of Andrey Arshavin

Regarding pic #8, the things you guys make your players do... I can see why Karim is hesitating to go there.

1.3 Picture of Ryan Giggs

He looks younger than ever! Again, why isn't he still playing? He could totally be that fast player Van Gaal has been demanding lately.

2. Volleyball

That sucks. Have you tried playing with your feet? What?

Thanks
    EP Points

Finally people are using this thread for posting pictures of Arshavin like they were always supposed to. It's like people don't even know what sports are...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    It's like people don't even know what sports are...
    Cars. Everything else is irrelevant.
    Especially random bobbleheads.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, brand new season, brand new series of disappointments. Atleast we'll have the FAC to play for, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    1. Football.
    1.1 Transfer guff
    1.1.1 Manchester United

Friendly warning for any eventual ex-Madrid player: there's no life outside of Madrid. There I said it. The Di Maria-gate didn't surprise me in the slightest.
    But, eh, there's... hm, you have... ah... ROYSTON DRENTHE!???!?! I hear he's totally missed by Reading... only I think they loaned him out or something before he left. Yeah, Drenthe is totes a good example.

1.1.2 Real Madrid

Not yet, he wants a ridiculous amount of money and his constant, recurrent mistakes don't really justify what he wants. Also, see 1.1.1 above.

And no one was mean to Casillas but Mou and that was reciprocal. But now that you mention it, Casillas was mean to Diego Lopez..tsk, tsk.
    If you want loads of red cards you gots to pay the price.

Mou is a bell-end.

1.1.3 Bayern Munich

Does anyone know if they've hired a new docs team??? Or perhaps Pep learnt this summer how to fix his players himself???
    It's funny because Pep's an idiot. I think he's going insane, actually. Fun!

1.1.5 Arsenal

The question is, why didn't you guys want Casillas???
    Can he save shots? If yes, can we do some sort of trade?

Regarding pic #8, the things you guys make your players do... I can see why Karim is hesitating to go there.
    In Soviet Russia, donning shark costume is great honor. 'Cesc left in protest over being forced to dress up as a non-carnevour.

That sucks. Have you tried playing with your feet? What?
    I have. But people keep whining about how I shouldn't, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Finally people are using this thread for posting pictures of Arshavin like they were always supposed to. It's like people don't even know what sports are...
    <3

Yeah, people are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Cars. Everything else is irrelevant.
    Especially random bobbleheads.
    CASE AND POINT.

Thanks
    EP Points

Liverpool v Bournemouth tomorrow. Would love to know who's Dave rooting for

Thanks
    EP Points

Dave is such a jerk for not telling us.

So, two months later and we're in an excellent position to go for the premiership before ultimately falling short due to a poor string of results in, like, .... late december. Geh, fine, I admit I'm sort of hopeful for realz, but I know it's just a big all practical joke on me. Probably Mertesacker's idea. Such a clown, that one.

Anyyyyyhow, I'm finding immense pleasure in Mou making a bigger cunt of himself for each passing week. He just dun' have any answers and it's really, really funny. ^__________^

What's up with that la liga deal, oi? I was under the impression that Barça were sort of crap this year, but apparently it's still sort of even. Confident????

Thanks
    EP Points

Dave is such a jerk for not telling us.

So, two months later and we're in an excellent position to go for the premiership before ultimately falling short due to a poor string of results in, like, .... late december. Geh, fine, I admit I'm sort of hopeful for realz, but I know it's just a big all practical joke on me. Probably Mertesacker's idea. Such a clown, that one.

Anyyyyyhow, I'm finding immense pleasure in Mou making a bigger cunt of himself for each passing week. He just dun' have any answers and it's really, really funny. ^__________^

What's up with that la liga deal, oi? I was under the impression that Barça were sort of crap this year, but apparently it's still sort of even. Confident????
    That he is

The history repeating itself? I think it's too early to say so but what seems to be a constant in the English clubs this year is how incredibly unreliable and weak they all are, especially the big ones in both, the domestic and the continental competitions.

All those La Liga rejects are going to ruin Mou :/

Sure. But why would Barça be crap this year? They pretty much have the same team than last year -Pedrito & Arda aside-.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin' Monster View Post
    That he is

The history repeating itself? I think it's too early to say so but what seems to be a constant in the English clubs this year is how incredibly unreliable and weak they all are, especially the big ones in both, the domestic and the continental competitions.

All those La Liga rejects are going to ruin Mou :/

Sure. But why would Barça be crap this year? They pretty much have the same team than last year -Pedrito & Arda aside-.
    I am too though.

Eh, well, november was GREAT so I guess so. What with us drawing Barça in the CL - no worries, they are crap this year - and injuries to our key player (read: Coquelin, who really needs other players?), dropping points against shit team and all it does seem preeeetty familiar. But yeah, them other big teams being this awful totally isn't that usual. Very amusing it is, although I wonder when I'm supposed to feel genuinely threatened by Leicester. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be that surprised to see them actually sort of fight it out for the title/top four, but it still seems more likely for them to fade away at some point... or doesn't it?

Well, I saw a bit of their game against Celta - I think it was - and I just made assumptions. Turns out they're pretty alright this year aswell. You guys getting rid of Rafa soon? Oh, oh, oh! You could get Mourinho (LOLOLOLOLOL) and v. Gaal to co-manage or something. No? Okay then!

Thanks
    EP Points

It's funny that my last post here was almost 2 months old and all I said is still valid. Some things never change

I don't think Leicester will last too much more up there. Now that the CL is out of the way for a few months the big clubs should have more time and effort to devote to their domestic competitions to amend their wrong ways.

Rafa? Who's that guy again? I wouldn't mind Mou back, tbqh. Like seriously. Next year should be fun: Ancelotti to Munich, that Guardiola idiot to Manchester, Van Gaal, Pellegrini and maybe Klopp job hunting. And Wenger castling in London. Ad eternum. Some things never change

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin' Monster View Post
    It's funny that my last post here was almost 2 months old and all I said is still valid. Some things never change

I don't think Leicester will last too much more up there. Now that the CL is out of the way for a few months the big clubs should have more time and effort to devote to their domestic competitions to amend their wrong ways.

Rafa? Who's that guy again? I wouldn't mind Mou back, tbqh. Like seriously. Next year should be fun: Ancelotti to Munich, that Guardiola idiot to Manchester, Van Gaal, Pellegrini and maybe Klopp job hunting. And Wenger castling in London. Ad eternum. Some things never change
    Totes what I like most about football. You can be, like, "it was 09/10 or 10/11, I don't quite remember, you know the season when we finished fourth or third - most likely fourth - and Bayern Munich or whatever won the Champion's League".

They should, but United, Arsenal and City have all their players injured, and United is also really, really, really, really, really, really bad. Meanwhile Chelsea can't catch up, Liverpool's shit, Tottenham is Tottenham and yeah something, something. I guess we should start to see how Leicester handle their next run of games, it's not like Everton is all that.

Aww, when you wrote that you made me think he got the sack yesterday or something. Oh, oh, oh, please take him before United goes all insane and keeps him in the PL or whatever!!! It should be though! I'm kinda afraid of that idiot going to City though. I think Liverpool will give Klopp a whole summer before letting go, but who knows these days. CASTLING!!!!! ^_________________________________________________ ^

Thanks
    EP Points

YOU SORT OF ALMOST PROMISED THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN, COOKIES. I think it's a conspiracy though, all the refs are in on it.

Also LOL Rafa LOL. At times like these you really have to cherish the little things.