Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    You mean Handsome French Bloke? I actually like him very much, I just wish he would've scored once or twice tonight.

And then Liverpool somehow managed to beat the mighty cottagers. I hate football.

I naturally assumed as much, but he started the first game he was available for (and was subbed off in the 82:nd, after which Betis scored twice in injury time and won ).
    I was referring to Wenger, not Giroud

At least this year the league is going to be disputed and 3-4 clubs have real options to win it.

And then Valencia defeated Barça without him. Craziness!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We can win the league this year. I think the resilience we showed at Fulham last night proved that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    We can win the league this year. I think the resilience we showed at Fulham last night proved that.
    I find it more meritorious the way they beat the leader, but yeah, every little point counts.

Would be great if they managed to get it, but I won't cry either if this one goes to Mou (hence how I didn't say Chelsea).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I find it more meritorious the way they beat the leader, but yeah, every little point counts.

Would be great if they managed to get it, but I won't cry either if this one goes to Mou (hence how I didn't say Chelsea).
    As long as Man Utd stay in midtable, I'm happy. Nice to stick it to their shitty fans once in a while.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

I was referring to Wenger, not Giroud

At least this year the league is going to be disputed and 3-4 clubs have real options to win it.

And then Valencia defeated Barça without him. Craziness!
    Oh, right. I wouldn't like that either. Unless Tony Adams takes over the club. Relegation here we come!

Mrm, still fairly sure Chelsea and City will fight it out. Weirdly enough I'd actually rather have Mourinho winning it than you guys. There have just been something extremely unsympathetic about you since Rafa left. :< It'll be "fun" to see what happens at the weekend. I have a feeling Arsenal will be too scared/shellshocked to put in a proper performance.

Also, Big Phil wasn't available for the Barca game.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, right. I wouldn't like that either. Unless Tony Adams takes over the club. Relegation here we come!

Mrm, still fairly sure Chelsea and City will fight it out. Weirdly enough I'd actually rather have Mourinho winning it than you guys. There have just been something extremely unsympathetic about you since Rafa left. :< It'll be "fun" to see what happens at the weekend. I have a feeling Arsenal will be too scared/shellshocked to put in a proper performance.

Also, Big Phil wasn't available for the Barca game.
    Yeah, Adams. Is he sober now?

You make it sound as if Benitez' departure wasn't deserving of a big celebration

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, Adams. Is he sober now?

You make it sound as if Benitez' departure wasn't deserving of a big celebration
    I really hope not.

Hey, who doesn't like Benitez? He's all, like, I HAVE A MILKMAN ETC and I really appreciate that sort of stuff.

So, Wenger may have lucked out, but man, did he have big balls when selecting his team today? I know I tend to be too kind with him sometimes but... I mean, seriously. Jenkinson before a fit Sagna? Monreal? Sanogo? Weehee etc.

Also, what the hell is Suarez problem? This: is one of the sickest dives I've seen in a while. Do note that it's (obviously) a penalty, but surely he's only hurting his own chances with his wankery-business?

Thanks
    EP Points

I really hope not.

Hey, who doesn't like Benitez? He's all, like, I HAVE A MILKMAN ETC and I really appreciate that sort of stuff.

So, Wenger may have lucked out, but man, did he have big balls when selecting his team today? I know I tend to be too kind with him sometimes but... I mean, seriously. Jenkinson before a fit Sagna? Monreal? Sanogo? Weehee etc.

Also, what the hell is Suarez problem? This: is one of the sickest dives I've seen in a while. Do note that it's (obviously) a penalty, but surely he's only hurting his own chances with his wankery-business?
    I for one don't. He. No, let me rephrase that. Liverpool players, specially Steve, did a great thing 9 years ago. His real merits are yet to be seen..

After the weekend FA Cup matches it's clear that Arsenal and City haven't said their last word, things are going to be more disputed than I thought.

Suarez's second name is exaggeration, Luis Exageración Suarez

Thanks
    EP Points

After all the years spent here Pellegrini will never learn Did he really think the match with Barça would be fair?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I know I shouldn't tell you this, but I actually think Barcelona had the last luck with the referee. What with that goal being wrongfully disallowed. The penalty decision was pretty much as 50-50 as they get, and it was a red card regardless.

I really don't have much to say about this there Champion's league at the moment besides stating that Özil really takes crappy penalty kicks for a german.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I know I shouldn't tell you this, but I actually think Barcelona had the last luck with the referee. What with that goal being wrongfully disallowed. The penalty decision was pretty much as 50-50 as they get, and it was a red card regardless.

I really don't have much to say about this there Champion's league at the moment besides stating that Özil really takes crappy penalty kicks for a german.
    Not allowing what could have been a legit goal is no way as decisive for a two-legged tie than the triple punishment that comes from awarding a penalty kick (and a more than likely goal, except when Mesut is involved :/), the red card (and the forced substitution) and the ulterior suspension. Especially when the foul was clearly outside the penalty area... There's absolutely no way to recover from something like that.

I propose you a little game, count how many times Barcelona plays with numerical superiority in the pitch and how many times it serves them to win the match/qualify.
    Just a fact, Barcelona played only 25 times against 10 in CL. Second in the historic ranking is Arsenal, with just 18. Big difference there, and the numbers keep growing

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As long as Man Utd stay in midtable, I'm happy. Nice to stick it to their shitty fans once in a while.
    They absolutely deserve mid-table Moyes.

@Elmdor: I got City winning the league. Oh ts and ps for that beatdown the champions of the universe gave to Arsenal.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not allowing what could have been a legit goal is no way as decisive for a two-legged tie than the triple punishment that comes from awarding a penalty kick (and a more than likely goal, except when Mesut is involved :/), the red card (and the forced substitution) and the ulterior suspension. Especially when the foul was clearly outside the penalty area... There's absolutely no way to recover from something like that.
    Of course, but whereas the offside call for the goal was actually wrong, the red card was totally correct. The penalty call was discussed quite a bit over here, since the ref happened to be Swedish and a lot of people (them sportexperts) did think it was the right call to make, going by the book and watching the replays over and over. I was personally satisfied with going "eh, probably could've given that as a FK but yeah, unlucky".

I propose you a little game, count how many times Barcelona plays with numerical superiority in the pitch and how many times it serves them to win the match/qualify.
    Just a fact, Barcelona played only 25 times against 10 in CL. Second in the historic ranking is Arsenal, with just 18. Big difference there, and the numbers keep growing
    WE'RE SECOND? I can remember, like, two of those games. I know what you mean, and v. Persie getting his second yellow for being offside two or three years ago still ticks me off. Alot. But yeah, don't really think the ref did much wrong this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    They absolutely deserve mid-table Moyes.

@Elmdor: I got City winning the league. Oh ts and ps for that beatdown the champions of the universe gave to Arsenal.
    I did aswell, but I'm starting to think Chelsea could take it aswell. Liverpool look sort of great sometimes, but their defense is so shit. Arsenal probably cunted away their chances at Stoke this weekend (unless they beat Spurs, Chelsea and City in the coming month, and win the other games aswell. FUN!).

Also, Robben is a cunt and all that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Of course, but whereas the offside call for the goal was actually wrong, the red card was totally correct. The penalty call was discussed quite a bit over here, since the ref happened to be Swedish and a lot of people (them sportexperts) did think it was the right call to make, going by the book and watching the replays over and over. I was personally satisfied with going "eh, probably could've given that as a FK but yeah, unlucky".
    Book, replays... c'mon, they defended it just because he was Swedish as well
    And even the red card is wrong if you consider it all started with a foul by Busquets on Navas

missed foul on Navas->missed Messi's offside->foul out of the area awarded->penalty wrongly awarded->red card->penalty kick scored->numerical inferiority for 40 minutes->forced substitution->suspensions (Demichelis, Pellegrini)

You really think that's just being unlucky? I call it double standard

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also, Robben is a cunt and all that.
    *fingers in ears* lalalalalala best team in the universe.

So today was international friendly day.

Mexico = woof

Was underwhelmed with the selection for Germany and how the game went in general. Kinda getting worried even if it was just a friendly as Germany has a tough group.

Saw France won 2-0 but I don't know enough about the Dutchies to know how close their selections were to an A squad. Still interesting since I irrationally have France doing well in this WC.

Brazil just kinda did their thing all over RSA.

US played like crap and I doubt Gooch will ever play another game in the rw&b that actually means anything.

And all out of comments now.