Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Thanks

The main problem Portugal have is that they lack goal, they have no reliable forward striker since I can't even remember when... if only they had someone like Benzema! And having to rely exclusively on Cristiano, and partially on Nani, both wingers, makes things very predictable and easy to defend. And it's not that their midfielders are blessed with an innate offensive talent either..
    Boy, they're missing Pauleta so much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Disappointing Spain, playing without forwards, without a reference up there, must be some kind of idiotic experimental football we are going to patent or something. Yeah, this sport isn't good enough, let's make our own to rule forever! If someone can do it, that's Spain. We are sooo incredibly good that we can crush any other team without even trying
    Someone tell me, who in his sane mind goes hunting with a toothless hound? that's what this bunch of dwarves are What's next, playing without goalkeeper?
    We know El Niño is no SuperLuckyMario but he alone had more chances to score than the rest of the team together, that's something to think about.
    I swear that if they keep playing as slow as today, I'll have to take a siesta in the middle of the next match.

On the other side, Italy was pretty solid, it was good to see Cassano recovered.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 10th-June-2012 at 23:18.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Disappointing Spain, playing without forwards, without a reference up there, must be some kind of idiotic experimental football we are going to patent or something. Yeah, this sport isn't good enough, let's make our own to rule forever! If someone can do it, that's Spain. We are sooo incredibly good that we can crush any other team without even trying
    Someone tell me, who in his sane mind goes hunting with a toothless hound? that's what this bunch of dwarves are What's next, playing without goalkeeper?
    We know El Niño is no SuperLuckyMario but he alone had more chances to score than the rest of the team together, that's something to think about.
    I swear that if they keep playing as slow as today, I'll have to take a siesta in the middle of the next match.

On the other side, Italy was pretty solid, it was good to see Cassano recovered.
    Frankly I'm surprised they started without a striker, even more surprising imo is bringing on Torres instead of Llorente. He's really troubling in the box and thats something Spain needed, whilst Italy played a lot better than I expected they looked disorganized and uncomfortable at times at the back. Though I agree they should've played faster, I thought Navas would've brought that but I'll have to wait and see how they do in their next match.
    The Croats played very well today too though jelavic's goal was lucky, doesn't look like there's much hope for Ireland.
    England tomorrow, I see it 1-0 either side or a 1-1. England will play physical but I think France's ability and speed may exploit Englands back 4.

Thanks

I missed the match (sorry Cookie!) but to me Llorente has been a better forward in Spain than Torres, I remember Del Bosque being hellbent on pairing Torres and Villa but Llorente was a better partner for El Guaje. I'd like to see Vicente trying something new and maybe try Negredo and Llorente? That would be interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    I missed the match (sorry Cookie!) but to me Llorente has been a better forward in Spain than Torres, I remember Del Bosque being hellbent on pairing Torres and Villa but Llorente was a better partner for El Guaje. I'd like to see Vicente trying something new and maybe try Negredo and Llorente? That would be interesting.
    I think that would be better than him and Torres, I don't see why Soldado wasn't called up. He's such a good support striker, agile good technique and gets goals!

Thanks
    EP Points

In the meantime, Vicente del Bosque blame the pitch, right.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It seems like you are taking this well Cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabu View Post
    Frankly I'm surprised they started without a striker, even more surprising imo is bringing on Torres instead of Llorente. He's really troubling in the box and thats something Spain needed, whilst Italy played a lot better than I expected they looked disorganized and uncomfortable at times at the back. Though I agree they should've played faster, I thought Navas would've brought that but I'll have to wait and see how they do in their next match.
    Spain will do this to you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    In the meantime, Vicente del Bosque blame the pitch, right.
    Don't you mean Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta? They hate it when the pitch is too dry, and when it is, they cry
    As Pirlo said, they played in the same pitch, quit crying lil girls.

Ok, perhaps that wasn't too literal

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsco View Post
    It seems like you are taking this well Cookie.
    Very well

It's exactly the same problem Barça faced this year: what the hell do we do with Cesc? Xavi, Messi and others pushed for him to play in the first team. Guardiola was forced to give the nod to it, Villa went to the bench and Cesc played as forward striker. Del Bosque is repeating the same mistake.

I addition to that Silva wants to play as well, which is a legit expectation. No problem, they all can play together even if the starting team makes no sense...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How did he miss!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Very well

It's exactly the same problem Barça faced this year: what the hell do we do with Cesc? Xavi, Messi and others pushed for him to play in the first team. Guardiola was forced to give the nod to it, Villa went to the bench and Cesc played as forward striker. Del Bosque is repeating the same mistake.

I addition to that Silva wants to play as well, which is a legit expectation. No problem, they all can play together even if the starting team makes no sense...
    Hopefully it will be different for the next match.

Watching England France now. Very fitting that the two teams with the most unrealistic expectations face off in their opening game.

Probably going to be a 0-0 draw.

Jinxed it too hard. Nice work there England.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 11th-June-2012 at 18:06.

Thanks

Seriously England? Did you pick up the catenaccio that Italy dropped? My god.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Playing scared but it worked and they got a result.

But yeah I hope they open it up in their next two matches. Jeez.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow France. And I though Spain played slow yesterday
    England, like Italy, did what they had to do to get a not so bad result.

At least France have something to celebrate, their greatest musketeer won Roland Garros once again

Thanks

Can't say I was too pleased with the ref, he missed fouls on both sides but aside from that England were alright considering the subs and starters. I'm sure France wanted the win and given their ability I'm suprised they didn't

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm liking Schweden's uniforms.