Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Unbelievable way to put an end to the Premier League this year :O

Sorry, Fer :/
    Today Ferguson learnt an important lesson, small clubs can do big things too. Defeating Utd. was key, they deserved the cup.

And congrats, Elmy, mission accomplished
    ONE MÁRTON FÜLÖP, THERE'S ONLY ONE MÁRTON FÜLÖP! ^___________________________________________^ And Gibb's block was, like, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEET, MAN!

Seriously though... what the fuck? It's a shame QPR weren't relegated though. Not because I don't like them - Bolton have been utter shit anyways/LOLN'GOGLOL - but it would have made the City comeback a lot more fun. I don't really know what to think of this, but I'm sorta happy for Clichy at least (and, well, Kolo if he even gets a medal; but I think he will... yeah).

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks stoke for keeping qpr alive for the next season. qpr should do something better for the future.
    Bye bye bolton. Congrats to ManCini and ManCity. Man U can suck my lovely ass.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Perhaps they didn't play the best football of all, but for once Football was fair. After all the unbelievable misfortunes Chelsea had to suffer in Champions League these past years, especially 3 years ago when Barça and Ovrebo robbed them with impunity, after €1000 million spent to built a team and after 7 managers signed and fired since the Abramovich age started, Chelsea finally won the Champions League. Congratulations.

And, funnily, they did it with what's probably the worst squad they've had in all these years but with Drogba, the man of the CL this year. More deserving of the Ballon d'Or than others with a bigger name..

As for Bayern, well, no club ever won this cup having hosted the final and no club ever won this cup after getting qualified to the final thanks to the penalty shoot-out. Some players were terrified, only that would explain that Neuer were one of the designated takers. Too many expectations and too much pressure...
    Sorry, Gypsy. Bayern and English clubs in CL finals are a terrible mix for German interests :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fuck. That. Game.

At least Neuer made his penalty Cookie haha.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Euro 2012 starts tomorrow.

I think I'm over the Champions League final now.

Thanks

...go Engla-

Oh who am I kidding.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pretty sure they have no chance. I could see them winning their group though because I don't really fancy any of the teams in it.

GO GERMANY etc...

Thanks
    EP Points

We should ask the elephant on who gonna win this euro.

Thanks
    EP Points

Aaand, it started.

Chen will be proud, Russia had a quite effective debut.

And the spaniard ref was great as well

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    And the spaniard ref was great as well
    That first foul in the Greece game was totally a yellow card. It's not like it was... you know... a good tackle that wasn't even a free kick or anything.

Being Scottish means that you never see your own team qualify for big tournaments, but also means that you can't really root for England. So I decided before the tournament that I would root for Ireland as my nearest non-English neighbour, and for France and Russia as two countries with languages I've studied. Needless to say I am pleased tonight. %)))))) Arshavin's wild ups and downs in the Premiership made me forget just how good he is when he plays for Russia. Good to see little Dzagoev having such a good game, too. My younger brother and I have had our eyes on him since his breakout season at CSKA, and we were excited to see him play~

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Makes me feel good about picking Russia to win that group.

@Elin: I like Arshavin, he's a trooper.

The Poland Greece game was a mess, RED CRADZ! Decent result for Poland though, I'd love to see them get through. Motherland and all.

Thanks

How the hell is Samaras a national squad player? Is Greece that bad?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    Yes. They are terrible. They were terrible last WC and they haven't improved any from what I can tell. Really wish Poland would have got that win.

Mmm "group of death" time. Dutchies looking strong currently.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 9th-June-2012 at 18:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's sad to see mediocre managers like Van Marwijk wasting the almost infinite offensive potential the dutch players have :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    Haha, my younger brother and I have been laughing at him playing for Celtic for seasons now. :'D He's actually quite a gifted player in terms of raw ability, but he's horribly inconsistent and massively wasteful in front of goal. This season they moved him to left midfield, though, and he actually had a good season for them. Which begs the question of why Greece insisted on playing him as a lone striker.

Poland definitely deserved the win, but I'm actually kind of glad that Greece got the result. Their team is mostly rubbish (outside of Sotiris Ninis, who looked like he had a good bit of potential the few times he was given the ball, and Schalke's Papadopoulos, who looked a really smart, confident defender for someone who just turned twenty), but their economy is a shambles at the moment, so it would be nice to see them put on a good showing this tournament.

Pretty much with Cookie on Holland. :/ They definitely didn't deserve to lose the game, but if you squander that many chances and play such stagnant football with such great players then frankly you don't really deserve to win either. Will be very difficult for them to get out of the group now. Good for Denmark not going down without a fight after being dealt such a crap hand group-wise, though.