Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    I don't understand why it took Mourinho that much to figure it out, maybe he was hellbent on Madrid winning Madrid style but Barca is better than them at that, except nobody does counterattacking like Mou does.

That said, I for the life of me can't understand why the fuck Tello and Cuenca were on the starting team. Tello wasted a lot of opportunities and Cuenca just didn't do it. Why he benched Fabregas, Alexis on the derby and Pedro on both. If only Villa didn't got that awful injury.

I'm not trying to downsize the victory of Madrid or Chelsea, not at all, but Barca showed what you posted, an alarming lack of a backup plan.
    It's not that it took him a lot to figure it out, he already beat Barça that way a couple of years ago with Inter, after all. The difference being that Inter has always had that defensive mentality that clubs like Real Madrid, Arsenal or Man. Utd. lacks. Madrid players are more ambitious, they risk more trying to hurt the rival when attacking, that's what exposes them more making them prone to receive goals that Inter or Chelsea would never concede. Also, not every player is willing to sacrifice himself in order defend a result and not all of them listen to what the manager tells them to do..

Cuenca assisted Iniesta to score yesterday, and Tello was part of the only goal Barça scored when Madrid defeated them this past weekend. With them Guardiola was only trying to make the pitch wider so Messi had more spaces and freedom in the center of the attack. Whenever you see something wrong or something you can't understand in Barça's first team, always look at Messi, it was done to favour him in one way or another. Villa was already a bench player when he got injured. Can you guess why? For the same reasons Eto'o and Ibra were sold: they all are a nuisance for Messi, he won't shine as much as a winger, he needs to monopolize the center and right wing area of the attack to score goals. Hence why Messi is not Messi when he plays for the Argentinian national team with Higuain, Tevez or Aguero close to him.

That lack of B plan is also what suffers the Spaniard national team in a lesser degree.

Anyway, I'm glad for Chelsea, what Ovrebo did to qualify Barça 3 years ago was one of the most shameful things I've ever seen in a football match.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 25th-April-2012 at 11:14.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    With them Guardiola was only trying to make the pitch wider so Messi had more spaces and freedom in the center of the attack. Whenever you see something wrong or something you can't understand in Barça's first team, always look at Messi, it was done to favour him in one way or another. Villa was already a bench player when he got injured. Can you guess why? For the same reasons Eto'o and Ibra were sold: they all are a nuisance for Messi, he won't shine as much as a winger, he needs to monopolize the center and right wing area of the attack to score goals. Hence why Messi is not Messi when he plays for the Argentinian national team with Higuain, Tevez or Aguero close to him.
    I absolute disagree. Barca style of play is based on teamwork. There are no such a thing. When Villa together with Messi, they become the deadly duo. They always helped each other.
    Eto's and Ibra were sold not because they're a nuisance for Messi.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    We got another delicious match for today, Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich.
    Let's see how Real Madrid getting back from a goal down and how Bayern Munich adding more goal.
    I could do with Bayern scoring all the goals today.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Sun was great today:

"Terry sent off, Messi misses a pen, Chelsea reach CL final...but most incredible of all: TORRES SCORES!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    I absolute disagree. Barca style of play is based on teamwork. There are no such a thing. When Villa together with Messi, they become the deadly duo. They always helped each other.
    Eto's and Ibra were sold not because they're a nuisance for Messi.
    Disagree all you want, but that's exactly what close relatives to Villa hinted to the press when Guardiola started to relegate Villa to the bench before he got injured. He wasn't part of the first team half of the times. They aren't the bestest friends.
    From a economic point of view, they needed the money, so they were transferred. But why them and not others?

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I actually read the Zlatantastic book I AM ZLATAN!!!! And he did, indeed, confirm what was already known. Messi wanted to play in the center so Zlatan was placed on that there bench, despite being the most Zlatanmazing Zlatan that has ever Zlataned.

Seriously, guys, I'm having a nervous break-down here. I wasn't really convinced that fourth place would come easy for Arsenal, let alone third, AND NOW THIS?!?!??!?! Help me, Real Madrid!

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    Well, I actually read the Zlatantastic book I AM ZLATAN!!!! And he did, indeed, confirm what was already known. Messi wanted to play in the center so Zlatan was placed on that there bench, despite being the most Zlatanmazing Zlatan that has ever Zlataned.

Seriously, guys, I'm having a nervous break-down here. I wasn't really convinced that fourth place would come easy for Arsenal, let alone third, AND NOW THIS?!?!??!?! Help me, Real Madrid!
    Zlantanstonishing! He also confirmed how much he likes philosophy

I'm sure they want to help but there's this little obstacle called Bayer. Let's see if today is as good as yesterday.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They sure miss Zlatan lately.

YOU'RE GOING DOWN COOKIE. RIBERY MAGIC PLZ.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ys-win?cc=5739

Thanks
    EP Points

Bayer strongest points in attack are our weakest points defending

I hope not!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bayern vs RM Part 2: The Redemption of Robben

Tied on aggregate so far but I don't see this going to extra time.

Nothing like a jinx...

If Bayern lose I'm blaming Gomez for bumbling that gift chance away.

Can I get a hell yeah?

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 26th-April-2012 at 00:42.

Thanks
    EP Points

C'est la vie!

Congrats, Gypsy.

I'm happy for Jupp, he's a great manager and deserves the best. Although, on the other hand, there's a great generation of players in Chelsea that also deserves to win a CL before they retire..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks Cookie. Definitely hope you guys win La Liga, though that seems mostly locked up it's definitely a good accomplishment. Heck Bayern didn't even win the Bundesliga. :/ It is quite fantastic what Dortmund have done though, usually it's Bayern's league to win but they have taken it soundly. We still have another shot at them in the DFB Pokal final.

So many players banned from the champs league final...it's stupid...

I might not even recognise Chelsea's squad.

Thanks
    EP Points

Lol, Ronaldo free kick is like a sperm. Out of millions shot, only few pass the wall or the goalkeeper.
    Congrats to Bayern, I already predicted this outcome. ;p
    Next time, I hope RM remove that damn bastard PEPE! He is suck.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jeez, I doubt many people saw a Chelsea-Bayern final when the teams were drawn. Chelsea beating Barcelona? Maybe. Bayern beating Real? Maybe. But both happening back to back? Weeeell... :'D This is why football is interesting, though~ Will be rooting for Bayern in the final because they play far more entertaining football and have some really exciting players, but Mou's old Chelsea squad (which it still basically is, barring a handful of additions) probably deserve a Champions League win for their services over the years, even if a lot of them are past their best now. I wouldn't begrudge them if they pull it off.

Speaking of Chelsea, Scottish youngster and Chelsea reserve kid Islam Feruz made history yesterday by being the youngest player ever to play for Scotland's under 21 team (16 and a bit). It was on here in Edinburgh, so I went to see it. We got hammered 4-1 thanks to some shocking defending, but ah, such is life. Dylan McGeouch, a promising Celtic youngster who scored a wonder goal on his first game for their A team, also made his debut. We might actually have a decent team in five or six years' time. :'D

Thanks

So 2 great matches over the past couple days but europa league tonight with some great strikers! reyes, falcao, Llorente! soldado!
    I'll go with bilbao for the won against lisbon but valencia vs madrid is tough, valencia being down 4-2 but I wouldn't be suprised if they pulled it back

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Argh, sorry Cookster. If I was Casillas I'd be freaking pissed off.

Now for BM to beat Chelsea/me to worry sick about CL-qualification. Yay!

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!