Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 2, 3, and Portable import titles.

Thanks

Default Playstation 2, 3, and Portable import titles.

Ive been really enjoying some import games recently and wondered if anybody has any other titles that stand out, hopefully some import friendly ones.

My collection thus far:
    PSP: Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus (so awesome)
    Yakuza Black Panther (waiting for an english patch)
    Gundam SEED Rengou vs Zaft
    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn Battle Arena 2 I think is the last one.

PS2:Garouden: Fist or Twist (still cant figure out how to win in grappling : (
    The A.C.E. series (amazing games working on the 2nd kinda skipped the
    first. (the controls...meh)
    Gundam Lost War Chronicles (Journey to Jaburo with a better engine and
    more MS? I'm SOLD!)

PS3:Yakuza Kenzan (still working on this one, VERY text heavy but I love the
    series.

What are other Jp games you think are worth it?
    I'm been thinking about getting A.C.E. R and Kidou Senshi Gundam 0081 for
    the PS3 but I cant decide if I want to spend a hundred bucks on Play Asia for it. (dont have a Paypal so Amazons out of the question)

Thanks

both taiko no tatsujin portable games for the psp are worth playing, even if you dont understand japanese.

Thanks
    EP Points

Get the JP Tales games for PS2 if you're into JRPGs. That's Destiny, Destiny 2 and Rebirth if you don't want to look it up. Destiny's remake is one of the best RPGs on the PS2, so I'd say it's totally worth it. IIRC I got the Director's Cut from Play-Asia. Oh, and Rebirth has a PSP port as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Dark M View Post
    Ive been really enjoying some import games recently and wondered if anybody has any other titles that stand out, hopefully some import friendly ones.

My collection thus far:
    PSP: Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus (so awesome)
    Yakuza Black Panther (waiting for an english patch)
    Gundam SEED Rengou vs Zaft
    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn Battle Arena 2 I think is the last one.

PS2:Garouden: Fist or Twist (still cant figure out how to win in grappling : (
    The A.C.E. series (amazing games working on the 2nd kinda skipped the
    first. (the controls...meh)
    Gundam Lost War Chronicles (Journey to Jaburo with a better engine and
    more MS? I'm SOLD!)

PS3:Yakuza Kenzan (still working on this one, VERY text heavy but I love the
    series.

the PS3 but I cant decide if I want to spend a hundred bucks on Play Asia for it. (dont have a Paypal so Amazons out of the question)
    God Eater for the PSP is pretty fun and is worth it.

Thanks

@sockesocke
    Thanks I'll try those, the Ouendan games for DS are some of my favorite, yay for rythm games

@Gare
    I actually have the first Tales of Destiny on Playstation One-soo fun. Is the Japanese PS2 remake import friendly or will I be using a guide?

@Ominous Prime
    Yeah Godeater was pretty cool. Got it on the PSP :3 my friends a big Monster Hunter fan so we play it a bit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, it isn't overly complicated (like Rebirth's crafting system, oh my ), but looking up a guide couldn't hurt, especially since the gameplay is drastically different. As for the plot, it's the same. Well, almost the same. I've never played/finished the original, but I know that certain things involving Leon's death are done differently.

Thanks

Sweet I'll look for that then : D

Thanks
    EP Points

persona 3 portable, persona 1 revolations, phantasy star portable 1 and 2 (infinity comes out next year i think) ff7 crisis core if your a final fantasy fan. those ones were all i pretty much really liked on the psp

ps2 wise, persona 3 fes (if you dont get the portable), persona 4, smt nocturne, metal gear solid 2 and 3, devil may cry 1,3 (get 2 for someone you really hate) ffx, ffx-2 (hardcore final fantasy fan), ff12 are all i played on the ps2, havnt got a ps3

Thanks
    EP Points

He's asking for import games. As in, Japanese games that were never released in English.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    He's asking for import games. As in, Japanese games that were never released in English.
    well i didnt know that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    well i didnt know that.
    Well, since it'd be rude not to contribute, I noticed some Gundam and other mecha games on the list. If it's because you love giant robots, have you tried the Super Robot Wars series? On the other hand, it looks like the games you listed are largely shooters or fighters, and SRW is strictly turn-based strategy. So, if it's the gameplay, Gundam Musou 3 came out halfway through last month, but since the first two were translated and brought over as Dynasty Warriors: Gundam already, it's probable that the same will happen to this as well. It might be worth waiting to see on that one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, and since we're talking DW-ish games, Sengoku Basara 2 + Heroes are also quite excellent.

Thanks

I thought the SRW games were REALLY text heavy? I mean I could work around it with a guide but my knowledge of the language is nill lol. Um I actually own Sengoku Basara 3, very cool, so I might try out the second when I get a chance.

@garrendesares
    Thanks for the reply even though they werent imports. I actually have played most of those lol. Personally the only FF title I played all the way through was Dissidia. And I own all the Persona titles save for the first one. Metal Gear been a fan of since I was 7 and beat all the DMC games (2 and 4 though? bleh).

But yeah the SRW games. Always wanted to play those so if someone can point in the right direction of a moon language illiterate noob title then I would be very grateful

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I thought the SRW games were REALLY text heavy? I mean I could work around it with a guide but my knowledge of the language is nill lol. Um I actually own Sengoku Basara 3, very cool, so I might try out the second when I get a chance.

@garrendesares
    Thanks for the reply even though they werent imports. I actually have played most of those lol. Personally the only FF title I played all the way through was Dissidia. And I own all the Persona titles save for the first one. Metal Gear been a fan of since I was 7 and beat all the DMC games (2 and 4 though? bleh).

But yeah the SRW games. Always wanted to play those so if someone can point in the right direction of a moon language illiterate noob title then I would be very grateful
    Mmm. Well, the actual gameplay is pretty straightforward if you can differentiate kanji (not even know the meaning, but just tell the difference) and keep a reference for things like seishins/powers, but you will definitely miss a lot of the plot if you can't read the language with a fairly decent level of fluency. Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden was released for the PS1 and has an English patch, too, but it follows the story that's covered in Alpha 1 (not translated, right console - PS1) and Original Generation 1 (translated, wrong console - GBA) - it's the same story, so just if you've played one or the other, or skim a synopsis online. There are other patches, for Super Robot Wars J on the GBA, and games SRW1 and SRW3 can be found on that same site as Alpha Gaiden, but those are all for different consoles than the one you listed.

Thanks

Well all of those systems can be emulated so its notta problem. Thanks for the info.