Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using a PS3 Controller On An Emulator

Thanks

Default Using a PS3 Controller On An Emulator

I just recently got a PS3 and I was wondering if I could use its game pad as the controller for my game emulators on the PC since it has a USB plug. What do I need to configure on my emulators to make the controller compatible with the software?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MotionJoy has a video tutorial and all the files you'll need.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also, depending on what emulator you are looking to use it for, you are going to want to make sure to use a game pad that allows Analog Input as well. And again, depending on the input, you may have to enable it. For example, in ePSXe, you have to use a gamepad plugin that shows and allows you to configure the analog joysticks, as well as press F5 to enable the analog (I ran into a lot of trouble setting it up until I figured that part out).

Thanks

Okay, so I tested the PS3 game pad and it responds to the CPU, the only problem is every time I try to configure and save the game pad configuration settings, the PS2 emulator keeps on making the keyboard the default controller. What do I do next?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jiang Jinn View Post
    Okay, so I tested the PS3 game pad and it responds to the CPU, the only problem is every time I try to configure and save the game pad configuration settings, the PS2 emulator keeps on making the keyboard the default controller. What do I do next?
    Which PS2 emulators did you use? PCSX2?

Thanks

I figured out the error. It did not switch from keyboard to game pad because I forgot to click the OK button after making the changes. I did just that and the game pad works now. Now all I need to do is configure the analog sticks and transfer the files from my console memory cards to the PC so how do I do these things?

Thanks
    EP Points

You mean save files inside the memory cards?
    I'm not sure if there are other method, but I'm able to transfer all of those files through FMCB.

Thanks

How do I use the Free Mc Boot program to transfer files? Do I copy the program to a USB stick and then insert the stick into a PS2 USB slot to make the USB stick compatible with the console?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

How do I use the Free Mc Boot program to transfer files? Do I copy the program to a USB stick and then insert the stick into a PS2 USB slot to make the USB stick compatible with the console?
    FMCB is installed to a memory card and it allows you to run ELFs. uLaunch allows you to copy things to/from a memory card. If you have a Gameshark you could transfer saves that way.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, you may need to use certain method depending on which tools you have right now.
    Go here for more info and tutorials.

and after you have transferred it over, you need to import it into the emulator memory cards.

Thanks

I downloaded ulauncher from konsoleprofis.de and it did not say that I need additional files, only the compressed package they uploaded. So what do I do next? Do I just copy the program files into a USB stick and then insert the stick into the PS2 slot and that is it? It will recognize the USB stick?

Also, since the dreamcast emulator did not work and I use a game cube emulator instead, is it possible to copy the save files from the dreamcast and then re-format the save files into game cube emulator save files?
    Last edited by Jiang Jinn; 31st-December-2010 at 08:18.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I downloaded ulauncher from konsoleprofis.de and it did not say that I need additional files, only the compressed package they uploaded. So what do I do next? Do I just copy the program files into a USB stick and then insert the stick into the PS2 slot and that is it? It will recognize the USB stick?

Also, since the dreamcast emulator did not work and I use a game cube emulator instead, is it possible to copy the save files from the dreamcast and then re-format the save files into game cube emulator save files?
    It's not possible to my knowledge. SKSApps has guides for installing FreeMCBoot here.

Thanks

The instructions say that the ulauncher must be installed into a PS2 memory card but how can that be possible if a PC is not even equipped with a socket and interface to allow Playstation memory cards to be plugged in?

Thanks
    EP Points

The instructions say that the ulauncher must be installed into a PS2 memory card but how can that be possible if a PC is not even equipped with a socket and interface to allow Playstation memory cards to be plugged in?
    Hover your mouse to the Installation tab, and you should see several options there on how to install the boot files into your Memory Card.
    e.g If you already have a modded PS2, read the CD Burn guide. etc

After you have done that, proceed with the Noobie Guide.

Thanks

i use this to work a ps3 controller onto a PC

Rewardsgaming.net