Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Gaming Rig (aka Man Cave) 2013 Version!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix93 View Post
    Where's the middle pickup lol? Btw, what kind of pickup is that one on the bottom? It looks an awful lot like a PAF, I'd imagine it's not original, lol, but I bet that thing can roar nonetheless.
    Incoming long ass post... I like to be thorough.....
    The middle Pickup was removed on purpose... It got in my way and I never used it anyway...

The bridge Pup is not a PAF but a Gibson 1979 T-Top that came out of a 1979 Gibson Les Paul.. The story of how it came to be put in this guitar is an odd one.. Originally I had the Les Paul back in 91 or so but took the pickups out and replaced them with EMG's.. Since I never throw away parts , I wrapped the pickup in foam and put it in a box with alot of other pickups.. There it stayed for the next 14+ years until I was in need of another sound.. I was broke so I looked in this box for a pickup. I verified it still worked with an ohm meeter.. So I hooked it up in a temporary fashion.. After I was satisfied with it, I made things more permanent.. Honestly I haven't fully verified it is a T-Top but it did meet all the criteria..i.e. Year,guitar is originally came out of, and DC resistance of ~7.5 K ohms. The one thing I did not do was to take the gold cover off.. Since it was soldered on the bottom plate of the pickup.. this was going to be a pain + i really needed a solder gun for this type of operation...If it is a T-Top and it is highly probable that it is.. they fetch around $250 to $275 on Ebay if i wanted to sell it

The T-Top isnt as hot as the POS Seymour Duncan designed by abomination that was stock in it, but it more than makes up for it tonally and harmonically.. When I say this is the most perfect guitar I have ever owned.. it is all that and more.. BUT i made it that way in several ways.. sonically and aesthetically .. She never breaks a string EVER!!..and always stays in tune as long as the new strings have been properly stretched ,the string action/height is comfortable, intonation is not perfect but close.. She has become more than what she was and much more than was ever expected...a labor of love and in a very real way,she is my soul .. Shear perfection... I refer to her as one of my kids

all of the wiring and modding were done by my mind/hand...
    Electronic mods
    --Took the 5 way switch out and replaced it with a 3 way
    --routed and drilled a hole .. Installed a on/off DPDT switch... on the off position is redirects the signal to ground.. i.e. turned the guitar off
    --replaced the orginal pots with a 500k alpha push/pull (built in DPDT switch)
    --Volume pot.. push= normal,pull=Volume bypass mod or as some call it a solo mod..i.e.100 % volume
    --Tone Pot.. push =.047uF CAP, pull=.022uF CAP.. caps are high quality Orange Drops and are mainly used in amplifiers...the cost is like ~4X as much as a regular capacitor of =- capacitance..
    --higher quality input jack was installed
    cosmetic and/or functional mods
    --cut a new control cavity plate out of plexiglass with a dremal and a steady hand.. Came out maby 95% perfect
    -- Replaced the chrome knobs with gold knobs with red inlays
    --installed a wrench holder behind the neck.. these are the wrenches I need to change strings or to adjust the bridge.. Helps to keep them close by
    --neck backplate and jackplate where replaced with black ones
    --neck nut was painted black but will eventually be replaced with a black one.. expensive for what it is so I just painted it as a temp solution
    -- Gold pick up cover for the neck single coil

I also wanted a black bridge but im not spending $200 for a color change to replace a bridge that is otherwise perfect

All the work I did on this guitar.. If i was to attach a price tag to it.. maby ~$40 for parts and $125-$150 for labor.. perhaps more.. this is excluding the price for the bridge pickup of course

Here is the original drawing I made with ExpressSCH and colored it in psp7 ...it was a merger of some schematics i found on the net with a few minor changes to make it work as a single unit.. Pretty kool huh? i made all the components for this drawing (Pickups,switch,pots,jack).. painfully slow process but the result was worth it.. My degree in electronics was put to use for a change

Last edited by Brandenburg; 24th-September-2011 at 20:39.
    ORIGINAL: Flitcraft
    ORIGINAL: Steveski
    questionable and hedonistic
    Brandenburg, I think we've found your epitaph. []

Thanks

I dont have pictures to show exactly because im too lazy to actually take pictures then upload them :/ But anyways, I have nothing special in the console department.

Nintendo:

Nintendo ES (The fat rectangular one), with just the mario/duck hunt game and knight rider

Super Nintendo ES, with Mario collection, mario kart, Yoshis Island, and the gameboy player with a couple pokemon games and tetris

Nintendo Gamecube, with Animal Crossing, Digimon Rumble Arena 2, FE Path of Radiance, Kirby Air Ride, Luigis Mansion, MK Double Dash, MP 7, MP Tennis, Naruto Clash of Ninja 2, Pokemon XD, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Mario Strikers, Mario Sunshine, SSBM, and Tales of Symphonia

Wii, with SSBB, FE:Radiant Dawn, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of New World, Mario Kart Wii, MP 8, Mario Strikers Charged, and Mario Galaxy

Sony:

PS1, with Breath of Fire III and IV, Chrono Trigger, Digimon World 3, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX, Grandia 1, Legend Of Dragoon, and Tales of Destiny I and II

PS2, Atelier Iris 1-3, Ar Tonelico 1 and 2, Digimon World 4, Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII, Grandia 1 and 2, Mana Khemia 1 and 2, Persona 3, 3 FES, and 4, Dragonball Z Budokai 1 and 2, Tenkaichi 2 and 3, Bleach Blade Battlers 1, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 4 and 5, Jak 1,2,3, and Last Frontier, Ratchet and Clank 1, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, and Deadlocked and NFS Underground 1 and 2

PS3, Final Fantasy XIII, Bleach Soul Resurrecion, Ar Tonelico Qoga, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Atelier Rorona, Disgaea 3

PC:

Fifa 10, 11, and 12
    Fable 3
    NFS Shift 2
    Aion
    Call of Duty MW2, Black Ops
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    And Variety of Online games such as League Of Legends and Minecraft

My Prefered genre of games is clearly shown

Oh, Also my PC is a laptop. Asus G73JH, Intel Core i7-2630QM, 1TB HD 7200rpm, 8 GB Ram 1333 MHz, ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870 1GB

Thanks

PC
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250u @ 1.6GHz
    RAM: 2x2GB DDR2
    GPU: Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (128MB)

Consoles
    Xbox 360 Pro, 20GB HDD
    Black Wii (the one that came with Wii Sports & Resort)

Crappy cell phone pictures to match my crappy PC

And to the left of my desk is where I keep all of my games, DVDs and CDs.
    Last edited by Qwelzaar; 26th-February-2012 at 06:19.
    We got so much in common, except when it comes to rhyming
    She feel like lyrics are so intrusive, but I feel about her the way she feels about music
    She's cute, she don't like the words, she just likes the beat and I'm thinking me too

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello , Thought i would show off mine
    I Made the Pictures Small so it didnt take up the Whole Page , so just click on the image to make it bigger

PS These Are just My Nintendo Consoles ( i May Post My Atari and PS2 etc Pics Later)

Heres my GBA+GBA SP and Games

Games

NES (Repainted the Whole Console to match my Fav Game Series )

Games

SNES (Also Repainted the Whole Console to match my Fav Game Series )

Games

N64

Games

Also if Any1 is Interested i have liek 30 Pics of my SNES and NES showing how the complete console looks painted

Computer Specs
    Spoiler warning:
    Processor: AMD FX PileDriver FX-8350 8 Core CPU ~4.0GHz (4.2GHz When Turbe Kicks in )
    Memory: 16GB AMD Entertainment Edition Ram Sticks (4x4096)
    Hard Drives: 180GB OCZ Vertex SSD for OS 1TB For Games 750GB For Data 500GB for Movies and Ubuntu)
    DVD Drive:1 ASUS Blu-Ray Burner and 2 DVD burners
    Video Card: Asus GeForce 660
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXstream 650 Watt
    Computer Case: Cooler Master Strom Stryker (White)

Thanks
    EP Points

Game Collection 01.jpgGame Collection 02.jpg

I turned my art room into an art/gaming room. Half of those systems were upstairs in a treasure chest; I guess to "honor" them...but it was kind of sad and it's nice to have them out again. .

Edit: Second pic shows the DVD recorder, my VCR, R7 Dreamcast, Test PS2, and the television set that got relocated when I got a flat panel. It looked very sad and small in the living room, but it's huge in my art room.
    Last edited by Andy_Jerk; 17th-December-2011 at 20:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

My Nice Big TV along with my Wii (notice the black dash sweet), slim PS2 and my 2x1TB Hdd (1 for wii games and 1 for movies) And my surrond sound speakers

IMG20111220_001.jpg

My ps2 Games that are boxed
    IMG20111220_003.jpg

My Wii Loader Screen with my 298 games
    IMG20111220_004.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darklinky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Asrock NVIDIA amd motherboard
    amd phenom X4 black edition 3.0GHz
    geforce 9800 GTX x2 (SLI)
    16 GB DDR3 ram
    custom wow mouse (14 buttons)
    dual screen 17" HD monitors
    and an attached xbox 360 controller

Thanks
    EP Points

Teaser picture. No point taking pictures of the rest of my room until my new furniture arrives and I have everything tidied away.

Nothing new here other than the new wallpaper.
    Spoiler warning:

I know the carpet doesn't go at all. It's on the to be replaced list.

Amiga setup!
    Spoiler warning:
    Last edited by Inferno.; 16th-January-2012 at 16:14.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

i guess a little showing off is alright

Modern Day System Setup:

PC Rig:
    Antec Lanboy Air (Blue)
    ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe (Upgrading soon)
    AMD Phenom II 1090T @ 3.2GHZ
    LG DVD-RW
    ASUS Nivida Geforce GTX 460 768MB
    2X4=8GB Corsair Ram DDR2 800mhz w/Built-in heatsinks
    2 TB Hard Drive
    Corsair H70 Cpu Water-Cooling Heatsink
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sony Bravia 40" KDV Series 1080p
    Playstation 3 (Backwards Compatible 80GB) W/PS MOVE
    Xbox 360 Slim (glossy) W/ Kinect/Zoom
    Black Nintendo Wii
    1000W Sony Surround Sound System DAV-HDX900W

Classic System Setup (Retro Tv for Retro Games lol):

Game Collection (Still got a long way to go):

Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 4th-February-2012 at 21:14.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Thanks

NES, SNES, N64, GC with gameboy player, Wii, DS lite (hoping to get an R4 and upgrade to a 3DS soon) eMachine 1Tb (really 911GB) HDD 3Gb RAM DVD-RW drive, 2.something GHz AMD processor, onboard video, with an old acer monitor, stock keyboard and mouse, added external fan (it's really just a battery backed mini portable fan but it get's the job done) all of which will be upgraded in a year when the warranty expires, 10 year old CRT TV for NES/N64 and partially broken (remote does not work) emerson flatscreen with built in DVD player for Wii, GC, and SNES. hoping to get an XBox and an Xbox 360 (don't care what model as long as it's not broken or planning to get broken)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't have any furniture and half of my stuff is still stored at the parent's house....so here is a shelf I have and my desk.
    Spoiler warning:

Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 2nd-May-2012 at 21:11.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I got nothing special. After all I am still in high school but here it is listed (sorry no pics cuz its that sad)
    Xbox 360 slim
    Xbox
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Playstation 1
    Nintendo DS (original)
    Game Boy Advance
    Game Boy Color
    32-inch HD Samsung TV- 1080P 60Hz

Thanks
    EP Points

Definitely all work in progress, but I'm happy with how it's coming along. And my bookcase (with games and shit in) is a total mess.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

^ Already incredibly out of date.

Spoiler warning:

Amiga

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

can now add my new laptop to it.

intel core i7 processor 2.8 ghz turbo to 3.5ghz
    8gb ram at 1333mhz