Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Game of All Time.

Thanks

Default Best Game of All Time.

What do you think is the best game of all time?

Thanks
    EP Points

Final Fantasy 7

Let it begin.

Thanks

Respectable, but I'd have to say, The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Final Fantasy 7

Let it begin.
    I agree.

Let's continue.

Thanks

Final Fantasy 7 was a great game. But the only reason I don't like Final Fantasy is because of the random battles.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

God of war 3. Good day.

Thanks
    EP Points

All joking aside (was refering to the ff7 threads that seem to pop up now and again) I'm going to have to say that the best game(s) for me are the ones I'll always come back to. Megaman 2 was one I've always come back to. As a series I'll always come back to final fantasy and as a series I find that to be one of the best (up until 13) For me though I would have to say the best game of all time would be vagrant story as it is one I can always come back to at any time. This is still the case after losing a 200 hour save and I can still just start right from the beginning again.

Thanks

As a series I'd have to say Disgaea. I've beaten Disgaea 1, and now I'm playing Disgaea 2 and you can always go back to those games. The final boss is like level 10,000. And there is different modes, with different stories. So if you're looking for great psp games, Disgaea is definitely the way to go.
    Last edited by OminousPrime; 27th-December-2010 at 20:58.

Thanks

Super Mario World.
    Last edited by VINERI13; 27th-December-2010 at 19:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

Chrono Trigger.

Thanks

Metal Gear Solid for me. Easily.

Thanks
    EP Points

Halo Reach

trollface.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't really have one single game that stands out so much that I could call it my absolute favourite. I liked what Theo said, though, and while I totally love Vagrant Story, the game I can always come back to (and the one that robbed me of a good 200 hours of my life) is Final Fantasy 12.

Runners-up:

Xenoblade
    Vagrant Story
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant
    Tales of Destiny (the PS2 remake, never played the original)
    Planescape: Torment

Thanks
    EP Points

Platform: New Super Mario Bros - built upon it's predecessors (SMB 1, 2, 3, World) to near perfection
    Runner up: Super Mario 64
    Honorable mentions: Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario All-Stars
    Tactical Action: Metal Gear Solid series - while 4 is superior in every way, the first in the series is the most memorable and ground breaking.
    Action/Adventure: Tough choice but I'd go with The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time runner up: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
    Action/Adventure/Shooter: Metroid Prime
    Runner up: Metroid series, Zero Mission is especially a blast to play.
    [Traditional] First Person Shooter: So so many, too many to choose from. I get motion sickness from playing some of them. I'll just say, from the ones I've seen and played, Call of Duty 4 MW impressed me, with it's scripted events, realistic sounds and near photo quality graphics. I've not played the sequel or Black Ops so no comment on those.
    Simulation Racing: Gran Turismo 5
    Runners Up: Gran Turismo series
    Arcade Racing: Burnout Legends
    Runners Up: Burnout series
    Fighting: Soul Calibur series with the first game in the series being my pick
    Runner up: Tekken series 5 or 6 being the highest points
    Honorable mention: Street Fighter series starting with II with IV being the highest point
    RPG: I'm not even qualified to pick from this genre, as I've not spent enough time with enough RPG's to pick. I enjoyed Suikoden on PS1, and Final Fantasy X on PS2.
    MMORPG: World of WarCrack hands down
    Real-Time Strategy: StarCraft series Runner up: Age of Empires II
    Sports: Punch-Out
    Puzzle: This is a very tough catagory for me because I can get into almost any Tetris game or Tetris Attack type game and be glued to them. Tetris DS is the most polished version I've played and could have been the best version of Tetris but unfortunately I think it's one of the most difficult versions as well, and not in a good way. I think I'll go with Tetris Attack on this one, even though I think Planet Puzzle League for DS is a better version.
    Runners Up: The old Tengen Tetris or Tetris on Gameboy, Magical Tetris and
    Honorable Mention: Tetrisphere a very addicting game with mezmorizing music, also Crossword DS
    Arcade: Pac-Man

More Honorable mentions: Castlevania series (loved SOTN), Megaman series

Games I have not played that might be on the list if I did: Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 2

Wow, I do not think I could pick just one game. Of all my favorite games, I know I have spent more time playing World of Warcraft than any other, but I do not play it anymore for various reasons. Some games are sentimental to me in a nostalgia way, games I grew up with that I really enjoyed at the time and hold up well today as far as fun and gameplay are concerned. While my interest in gaming started with Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros for the NES is the game that started my addiction and led to other addictions like Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, etc. If I were stranded on an island, I would have to go with my DS and R4, better yet a PC and all of my ROMs, but then I would sorely miss the newest versions of the games I grew up with. lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Secret of Mana for co-op multiplayer, Super Metroid for single player, and Mario Kart DS for competitive multiplayer.

As Gare and Stark said above, replay value has to be the biggest point in determining the best game(s) of all time.

I'd be hard pressed to find another co-op game I've played through as many times as Secret of Mana. The only other one that I've come back to several times over the years is 8 Eyes for NES. But SoM had an excellent game system, fun story, huge world, and excellent drop-in/jump-out multiplayer. SD3 and LoM were both fun, but LoM's multiplayer was limited by the need to turn on 2P mode at a save point, and the changing characters that required certain things to be done without a second player. SD3 would probably have taken the cake if I had played it before LoM because of all the branching storylines, but after playing both LoM and SoM, the halfway-between-both battle system was too much of a distraction from the game itself.

Super Metroid has excellent replay value. Trying to do it faster, with a higher completion rate, etc. The exploration is great, and I find new and/or different things every time I do it. The different rewards at the end give it an air of suspense about whether or not you'll get Samus in a bikini, or Samus in her suit, or whatnot. Sure, it's all based on time, but you never know what side of the line you'll be on.

Finally, I almost put down Super Mario Kart, but then thought "Ehh, all SNES? I look fanboyish." After thinking about it more, the DS version is actually very nice. The cornucopia of tracks from previous games and single-pak multiplayer by DS Download Play make it a true contender, combining all of the great parts of the SNES game without having to worry about OMGSCREENPEEKER. Sure, the controls are a little awkward, especially with adult-sized hands, but it's one that can be picked up for a five minute bout of fun and at the same time be the subject of a multi-hour marathon.