Thread: Question Yourself: Gaming in 2010 Edition (Recovery!)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Question Yourself: Gaming in 2010 Edition (Recovery!)

So yeah, some pages weren't cached (like page 3, apparently), but I'll grab what I can To start off:

Quote Originally Posted by Gare
    YES, MAKING LISTS MAKES ME HORNY.

Alright, with that out of the way, let's move on to the actual matter at hand. Inspiried by Ed's thread from last year (), I've decided to do this again. Because let's be honest, it was pretty fun last time, and it's kinda nice to look back on things this way. So, let us know what your gaming life was like this year! What games did you play in 2010? Which ones did you really like? And which ones disappointed you? Is Elmdor still ridiculously sexy?

Oh, and one more thing, because this is important. See, I even made it bold so you actually notice it: You don't necessarily have to name a game that was released in 2010. It just has to be something you played this year. It can be on the PSX for all we care.

Since Ed's list was so perfect, I'll go ahead and copy/paste it. Alright, let's do this. It'll be fun, trust me.

Favourite game(s) of 2010:
    Worst game(s) of 2010:
    Favourite developer(s) of 2010:
    Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that was a lot better than you thought it'd be):
    Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010 (ditto):
    Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010:
    Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010:
    Most overrated game(s) of 2010:
    Most underrated game(s) of 2010:
    Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010:
    Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010
    Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you specifically enjoyed from them~!):
    Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010 (whether it's specific scenes in games or simply game-related experiences):
    Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style):
    Games you finished in 2010 (abridge or don't as you see fit):
    Games you bought in 2010 (ditto):
    Most anticipated games in 2011:
    Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))):

I'll be posting my choices a bit later, once I've actually spent some time thinking about this. 2010 was a long year, dammit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If I fail to restore any smilies or whatever, I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Fer
    Okay, here goes mine. :O

Favourite game(s) of 2010: Heavy Rain. Gritty, dark and crude, but goddamn, it was awesome, superb storytelling and believable, almost real characters. I enjoyed it way too much.
    Worst game(s) of 2010:Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. Seriously, 5 was amazing by GH standards, why not keep it that way and improve it? No, instead let's masturbate the shitty fantasies of a poser metalhead. Stupid.
    Favourite developer(s) of 2010: Harmonix. No more 'lrn 2 ply a rl geetar'. Shit just got real.
    Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that was a lot better than you thought it'd be): Heavy Rain, I never finished Fahrenheit and I thought it would be just a good game and that was it. Never expected to have such a thrilling, tension-filled game. :3
    Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010 (ditto): Can't point out one right now.
    Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: Rock Band 2. AGAIN.
    Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: My 360 of course, but I had a short stint with a borrowed PS3, amazing console, I gotta get one soon.
    Most underrated game(s) of 2010: Eternal Darkness, winner of all years for the underrated award.
    Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Nathan Drake. Because goddamn, cracking jokes and shooting heavily armored guards while jumping through a train? Awesome dude is awesome.
    Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Can't pick one.
    Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you specifically enjoyed from them~!): Can't recall anything I truly liked that much.
    Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010 (whether it's specific scenes in games or simply game-related experiences): The whole Heavy Rain experience.
    Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style): Uncharted 2. True proof that you don't need GRIMDARK to make something look cool, it was filled with color at times, and when it wasn't, it was right, like in the snow or you know, inside a sewer.
    Games you finished in 2010 (abridge or don't as you see fit): Dunno, I kept losing track of that.
    Games you bought in 2010 (ditto): I can recall getting FIFA11, Fallout 3, Beatles Rock Band, and other XBLA games.
    Most anticipated games in 2011: Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 3. HEYHO.
    Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))): CHEN WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? WHEREVER YOU ARE, STAY IN THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Drag
    Favourite game(s) of 2010: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Worst game(s) of 2010: Assassin's Creed

Favourite developer(s) of 2010: Insomniac Games (Spyro and Ratchet & Clank )

Biggest surprise(s) of 2010: Duke Nukem Forever to be released by Take-Two and Gearbox after ten plus years of development.

Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010: Assassin's Creed. One of the reasons that I bought a next-gen system was because people had been ranting and raving about this game for years. I never heard one word of anything wrong with the first game -- according to every one of my friends, Assassin's Creed is a perfect game. I got so bored with it that I never even finished it.

Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: Pokemon Leaf Green. Mainly 'cause I'll play a little bit every night before bed.

Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: Game Boy Advance, PS3.

Most overrated game(s) of 2010: Assassin's Creed.

Most underrated game(s) of 2010: I'm leaving this one blank. Most of the games that I've played have been either tried and true games, or recommended highly by other people. I'm not yet at the point where I'm just picking up random games to give them a shot with too many of my systems.

Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Ratchet.

Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Altair. The character himself was pretty wicked, but the voice actor sucked. That entire game was a huge disappointment for me.

Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010: Mega Man 2.

Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010: First time I played Modern Warfare 2 online with my brother and his buddies. First time I was really included in a group after my ex and I split up. It actually meant a lot to me.

Prettiest game(s) of 2010: Fallout 3. I've booted it up long enough to take a look at it (I'm waiting for my son to leave before I actually play it somewhat hardcore), but I'm impressed by what I've seen so far. Otherwise... Ratchet & Clank. Amazing feel, beautiful worlds, handles like a dream, and wicked cool music. Can't go wrong.

Games you finished in 2010: A fair bit. Not as many as some, but I'm not going to go back and try and remember which.

Games you bought in 2010: Admittedly, not many. Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and Fallout 3. There might have been a couple at the beginning of the year that I picked up for my old Wii, but with the whole "breakup" thing I don't honestly remember or care.

Most anticipated games in 2010: N/A

Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))): N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by POW
    2010 has been a tuff year for me in gaming. My PS3 burnt out right in the middle of playing the new Spider-man. Lucky for me I was able to get some gaming done.

Fav Game: Marvel Ultimate alliance 2

Worst Game: God of War 3, The game was good but the end killed it.

Big Surprie: Sony's motion controllers. I don't think sony needs to go there.

Time consuming: Marvel Ultimate alliance and I still need finish 100%

Disapointing: The untimly death of my PS3

Fav Platform: RPGer 4 life.

Overrated: Pokimon. How long can you sell the same game to people.(I've played about 4 of them myself"

Fav sound track: Resedent Evil 4. Played some for halloween good stuff.

Games finished: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, God of war 3, Batman Arkam Asylum.

Well there it is. Not too impressive I know, just wait till I get a new PS3 then the games will fly

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soonjai
    Favourite game(s) of 2010: Shenmue 1&2, Halo Reach, Enslaved, Evil Twin, Okami

Worst game(s) of 2010: Final Fantasy X (I HATE this lame Kid I have to play), Final Fantasy XIII (They ruined FF with this, and I still don´t understand the story)

Favourite developer(s) of 2010: Bioware, because zhey are always my favourite developer cause they made the Awesome Baldur`s Gate and Icewind Dale Series. And NEverwinter Nights. And KOTOT. And Mass Effect.

Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that was a lot better than you thought it'd be): Enslaved - Odyssey to the West. First time I heard of the game was two weeks before it´s release date and I blow me away by it´s art design. And that Duke Nukem Forever will finally come!

Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010 (ditto): Still no playable Duke Nukem Forever Stuff for me.

Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: Shenmue 1&2

Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: PC, XBox 360, Dreamcast

Most overrated game(s) of 2010: Gran Turismo 5, It´s only more of the same but in HD. And the Physics are bullshit when the car get´s air. And only 200 of the cars has cockpit view? Man, hope they fix that soon, otherwise it´s a bad joke.

Most underrated game(s) of 2010: Brutal - Paws of Fury (SNES), seems that nearly no one likes this game.

Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Monkey, Trip & Pigsy from Enslaved, beutiful Trio. Ryo from Shenmue.

Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Tidus from Final Fantasy X, everytime I see him I want to smash his face against a wall.

Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you specifically enjoyed from them~!): Halo Reach. In Special the Music at the end of the space Level, from the cutscene where you get off the Alien Corvette and the other guy commits suicide, the other track is from the last level, the music there let´s you fell that there is still a bit of hope, even that you know for a fact that you will loose the war and the planet, ut they still give you hope for something.

Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010 (whether it's specific scenes in games or simply game-related experiences):Buzz! on PS2, was playing with some friends, drinking beer, having fun, and then there was this game at the end where they expose a picture and the answers, and you could only read "Brain", I buzzered cause I just wanted to answer brain, from the picture fragments you could say nothing, but my answer was correct, cause it was a "Brain with CD-ROM Drive".

Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style): Enslaved, they have so fucking amazing designed areas in this, never seen a so beautiful, apocalyptic scenario anywehere.

Games you finished in 2010 (abridge or don't as you see fit): Enslaved, Halo Reach, Shenmue 1&2, Zelda - A Link to the Past

Games you bought in 2010 (ditto): Everythin I own for my Dreamcast, half of my PS2 Collection and some titles for my 360, and everything I have for SNES.

Most anticipated games in 2010: Duke Nukem Forever

Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))): Get away with Pro Gamers, don´t like this Pro-Gaming stuff anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare
    The progamer thing was a joke last year, but I can actually answer it properly now.

Also, that should be "Most anticipated games in 2011". Minor typo on my part.

Anyway:

Favourite game(s) of 2010: Starcraft 2, Xenoblade, Tales of Graces, Mass Effect 2, Thief 3, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Worst game(s) of 2010: I don't actually recall playing absolutely terrible games this year.

Favourite developer(s) of 2010: Blizzard, Monolith Soft, Namco/Team Destiny.

Biggest surprise(s) of 2010: Duke Forever, and the fact that it just might get released. Also, new Back to the Future game that might not suck balls? Interesting! Edit: Oh yeah, and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Much better than I expected.

Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010: The whole BlazBlue PC version thing, and not getting Continuum Shift. Also, Capcom being complete dicks towards PC gamers. No SSF4, no Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2, no nothing. But of course, Lost Planet 2, the game I don't give a shit about, gets ported. Capcom, you disappointed me so fucking much this year. Also also, Sands of Destruction. For reasons mentioned here.

Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: Definitely Xenoblade. Took me just over 100 hours to beat, and I haven't even done all of the optional things. There was also this MMO I played for like two months, but that doesn't count.

Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: PC.

Most overrated game(s) of 2010: Hm, I don't have any for this year, I think. I can't just say Fallout 3 every year, now can I? I never played Black Ops, so I can't comment on it, but I have my suspicions about that one. Why people hype the shit out of something that's just another modern warfare shooter is beyond me. Definitely GTA4.

Most underrated game(s) of 2010: I kept going on and on about Thief 3 being underappreciated, so I guess this is a good place to mention it again, since I kinda played it this year.

Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Dunban and Alviss, both from Xenoblade. Pascal from Tales of Graces. Edgeworth from AAI. Thanks Milady! Now I'm totally embarrassed for not remembering him!

Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Liara in ME2. Hated her in the first one, too.

Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010: Xenoblade's entire soundtrack is fantastic, so there's really no need to pick out only a few songs. Other awesome shit I listened to this year: the OSTs of Shatter, Thief 3, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Ragnarok Online.

Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010: Xenoblade's ending.

Prettiest game(s) of 2010: You're probably getting tired of it by now, but I'll have to say Xenoblade again. Absolutely stunning visuals. Tales of Graces also pleased me with its visuals. I've always said how the 2D Tales games on the PS2 look far superior to the 3D ones, but ToG actually looks pretty damn nice. Honorable mention goes to Thief 3's shadow effects!

Games you finished in 2010: Go to the "recently finished" thread and search my username. There you go.

Games you bought in 2010: Quite a few, just like last year. Lot of Steam stuff in there. Favourite purchase was obviously Starcraft 2 in July.

Most anticipated games in 2011: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm. Mass Effect 3. The American McGee's Alice sequel. New Matsuno games.

Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))): Dario "TheLittleOne" Wünsch (link), everyone's favourite German superhero/Starcraft 2 pro gamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milady
    I don't really have the energy to finish this at the moment, but at least if I start it now I'll feel compelled to edit it later, allowing me, hopefully, to avoid overlooking the thread entirely.

Favourite game(s) of 2010: Dragon Age: Origins (Ultimate Edition)

Worst game(s) of 2010:

Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that was a lot better than you thought it'd be):

Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010 (ditto): God of War III

Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: Nintendo DS, Playstation 3

Most overrated game(s) of 2010: LittleBigPlanet

Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney series), Cecil (FFIV), Lightning (FFXIII), Alistair (DA:O)

Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010:

Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you specifically enjoyed from them~!):

Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010 (whether it's specific scenes in games or simply game-related experiences):

Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style): Dragon Age, Flower, God of War III, Okamiden

Games you bought in 2010 (ditto): Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, Dragon Age: Origins - The Ultimate Edition, Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Katamari Forever, LittleBigPlanet, Resident Evil 5 [pending possible update this weekend]

Most anticipated games in 2011: The Last Guardian (although I prefer the title, Trico, the man-eating eagle ), Okamiden localization

Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))): No one in particular, but I certainly appreciate those game testers that suffer through the development phase of game creation, so that I can have lovely games to play with minimal episodes of falling through the floor and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Favourite game(s) of 2010: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas, Ys Seven, Final Fantasy XIII, Super Mario Galaxy 2, God of War 3, Mass Effect 2. Oh and Amnesia!
    Worst game(s) of 2010: I don't play bad games. Although I really like to put New Vegas here too as it's a buggy mess.
    Favourite developer(s) of 2010: Falcom, Capcom
    Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that was a lot better than you thought it'd be): How absolutely wonderfully gory God of War 3 was. Amazing stuff. And Duke4Ever.
    Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010 (ditto): Inafune leaving Capcom.
    Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: New Vegas, Peace Walker and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: PS3, PSP
    Most overrated game(s) of 2010: WoW
    Most underrated game(s) of 2010: Peace Walker. It's great yet nobody is buying it. WTF!
    Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: The FFXIII cast. And Femshep (The one and only Shepard )
    Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010: The Spider from Deadly Creatures?
    Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you specifically enjoyed from them~!): Ys Seven's soundtrack is GODLY! Tracks of awesomeness:
    105 MOTHER EARTH ALTAGO
    114 DESERT OF DESPAIR
    212 THE PLACE WHERE SOULS RETURN
    Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010 (whether it's specific scenes in games or simply game-related experiences): In New Vegas, entering the Lucky 38 for the first time. And just about anything from Amnesia. The final moments of Mass Effect 2 was also epic.
    Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style): God of War 3, New Vegas
    Games you finished in 2010 (abridge or don't as you see fit): All games I mentioned in this post and loads more.
    Games you bought in 2010 (ditto): Read above.
    Most anticipated games in 2011: Dead Space 2
    Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))): Pro gamer wtf? Take that elitist shit of the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by teivin
    Favourite game(s) of 2010: Muramasa, Fallout new vegas, Super Meat Boy, Bad Company 2, Rune Factory 3, Ys 7, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Miku Hatsune Project Diva 2nd, Etrian Odyssey 3
    Worst game(s) of 2010: Heavy Rain
    Favourite developer(s) of 2010: Marvelous Entertainment
    Biggest surprise(s) of 2010: Rune Factory 3, Majin and the Forbidden Kingdom. Oh, also, Always bet on Duke
    Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010: Enslaved
    Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: Minecraft, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Borderlands
    Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: PSP
    Most overrated game(s) of 2010: Heavy Rain
    Most underrated game(s) of 2010: Vanquish
    Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Scooter from Borderlands, because fuck yeah Scooter
    Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Nathan Drake: Because he's trying too hard to be Indiana Jones
    Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010: Super Meat Boy.
    Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010: Playing Ys 7 and the sheer number of game related jokes. Or Dogi commenting that he's surprised the ship made it to land with Aldo on board. Yes, it made me giggle
    Prettiest game(s) of 2010: I really liked the look of Arc Rise Fantasia. I'll put Muramasa here too, even if it isn't a 2010 game. Vanillaware stuff always looks fantastic
    Games you finished in 2010 (abridge or don't as you see fit): Phantasy Star Portable 2.
    Games you bought in 2010 (ditto): Too damn many to list, its shameful
    Most anticipated games in 2011: Megaman Legends 3, Monster hunter portable 3rd, Tactics Ogre, God Eater
    Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010: lulz
    Mine:

Favourite game(s) of 2010: Chrono Trigger, which shouldn't come as a surprise since I played it this year and it's my favourite game of all time
    Worst game(s) of 2010: White Knight Chronicles. Not released in 2010, unless I'm mistaken, but quite possibly the ONLY game I've ever quit playing after a mere half hour to two hours. It was just so boring....
    Favourite developer(s) of 2010: Atlus? Capcom? There are so many good ones I can't really choose.
    Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that was a lot better than you thought it'd be): Shattered Memories. Wasn't sure what to expect, but only being able to run from the enemies was not something
    Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010 (ditto): White Knight Chronicles. See above. I really thought it'd be a game I would like... I'm glad I only rented it.
    Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: Probably Calamity Trigger, U2, or RE5. For the countless hours spent playing with Ray and the others.
    Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: PS3.
    Most overrated game(s) of 2010: Again, just listing what I played, and CM will likely hate me, but LBP. Fun for one playthrough, but not much else in my opinion
    Most underrated game(s) of 2010: Don't know how universal this is, but FFXIII. Everybody around here seems to despise the game, but it's fun, darn it!
    Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: FFXIII cast, Phoenix and Edgeworth, and probably several I'm forgetting.
    Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you specifically enjoyed from them~!): Can't choose... Liked pretty much all the game soundtracks I heard.
    Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010 (whether it's specific scenes in games or simply game-related experiences): Probably playing games with you people... Even the horrible, lag/disconnect filled Diablo II.
    Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style): From what I've seen screen-wise, Xenoblade looks rather awesome.
    Games you finished in 2010 (abridge or don't as you see fit): Not sure what all isn't listed in the recently beaten thread... Devil Survivor, BB:CT, CT, RE: Gaiden, BTDD, Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, War of the Lions, etc.
    Games you bought in 2010 (ditto): FF XIII, Dead Rising 2, BBs, Bionic Commando, and many others I can't think of at the moment.
    Most anticipated games in 2011: Dead Space 2 is the only one that comes to mind.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 27th-December-2010 at 12:38.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DevilandtheSea
    Dragon Quest IX, Chrono Trigger, The Last Express, Valkyria Chronicles, Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers

Worst game(s) of 2010:
    Heavy Rain (I know, sorry guys...)

Square Enix (But this is usually a favorite of any time), and I've been playing a lot of Atlus games lately. Oh! And Sega! For Valkyria Chronicles. I completely forgot about that one. *fixes previous answer*

Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright Crossover news.

Overall lack of games released on the PS3, both in stores and in the PSN (give us some more PSOne Classics already, jeez)

Recently - The World Ends With You, Persona 3 Portable, Chrono Trigger

The DS and the PSP. It was a year for handhelds for me.

Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Bayonetta

I'm surprised I didn't hear more of a response about Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Haven't played it myself, but I expected a lot more noise about it.

Robert Cath - The Last Express, Lightning - Final Fantasy XIII

Madison Paige - Heavy Rain, Scott Shelby - Heavy Rain

Chrono Trigger, TWEWY

I did really get a kick out of the Jayden vs. Mad Jack part of Heavy Rain; Playing TWEWY was a blast in general - you really feel proud once you start getting that battle system down.

Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style):
    Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIV

The World Ends With You, Gabriel Knight SotF, The Last Express - those are the most recent. I don't remember much of 2010

Oh god. Um. Psychonauts, Final Fantasy Anthology, Persona 3 Portable, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Heavy Rain, Chrono Trigger DS, Popolocrois...Those are the first that come to mind. I buy too many games.

The Last Guardian, and after Gare's talked about it, Xenoblade would be nice to see in the states next year.

I don't keep up with anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiji
    Favourite game(s) of 2010: Going back to Final Fantasy 4, I remembered just how awesome that game is. Probably the best of the main series by an incredible amount. But as of 2010: Galaxy 2 surprised me, it was really good. I didn't like Galaxy 1 that much, which is why I was so skeptical to buy it.

Worst game(s) of 2010: Metroid: Other M. Not because of bullshit answers like 'they gave Samus a voice!!11!11!!', but it was just not a good game. Horrible gameplay, it tried to fuse Prime with original Metroid and it just made it awful.

Favourite developer(s) of 2010: XSEED, like always. Ys Seven, Tales of Grace, etc. Too bad they became a prominent handheld developer, I want games like Shadow Hearts: From the New World on a PS3!

Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that was a lot better than you thought it'd be): 3DS, no doubt. Just when I thought Nintendo was going down, it brought me back with the 3DS and stuff like Snake Eater remake, Oot, SF64 remakes, and Mega man Legends 3. Oh April, how long?

Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010 (ditto): Konami, no doubt. They really didn't make any good games this year, Lords of Shadow was alright. It just seems like they stopped caring after Metal gear finished up. Peace Walker was very good, but no one cared because it was on the PSP. if you didn't have 1GB free for install data, the game took godawful long to load. They should of shed a couple more years development and put it on the PS3.

Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: Final Fantasy 14. Probably at a couple hundred hours. I think it went beyond Rock Band 2.

Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: PSP, like every year. But really just because it can play any game in the 3rd and 4th gen perfectly.

Most overrated game(s) of 2010: Mass Effect 2, StarCraft II, Bioshock 2. All of them really are, although Bioshock 2 either gets amazing scores or just godawful ones.

Most underrated game(s) of 2010: Epic Mickey. That game is just amazing. Also Peace Walker, but that's just because it's on the PSP.

Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Adol Christin from the Ys series (also see, my avatar ). First of all, the silent protagonist is just amazing. Nothing beats them. And then couple together he travels to a new land, gains all types of god powers and defeats Jesus himself, then leaves because he's bored just makes him amazing.

Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Sonic from Sonic Colors. *shivers*

Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you specifically enjoyed from them~!): Chrono Cross's soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda. Also, I think it was called Umineko no Naku Koro ni on the PC composed by... *googles*... dai, zts? Alright.

Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010 (whether it's specific scenes in games or simply game-related experiences): Heavy Rain, the entire game. Seriously.

Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style): Terranigma stills stands out to me by Enix on the SNES, it is the most original graphical piece of work on such limitations. And Order of Ecclesia, especially in the beginning parts of Dracula's castle. 2D amazingness. But as of 2010: Uhhh... Alan Wake.

Games you finished in 2010 (abridge or don't as you see fit): Too many to list, but the one that stands out is Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System for the 2nd time. It sure worked on my Japanese.

Games you bought in 2010 (ditto): Too many, don't care enough to list.

Most anticipated games in 2011: MML3, although I doubt it's gonna be out in that year by a long shot.

Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))): that one guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Battlefield Bad Company 2, Gran Turismo 5, God of War III,

Worst game(s) of 2010:
    I've stopped playing utter shit games now, but I did play some terrible ones toward the start of the year: Hannah the Movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc on the 360 for achievements.

DICE

Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that
    was a lot better than you thought it'd be):
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. I've not played it yet, but what I have seen of it is beautiful.

How much of a let down GT5 turned out to be. It was really hyped to be the next best racing simulator, and it isn't. It's not a bad game at all, hell, it's still one of my favourites from 2010. However, I was way too hyped...

Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Gran Turismo 5

Xbox 360 and PS3

Call of Duty Black Ops

Vanquish

-

Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010
    Hannah, from Hannah Montana the Movie.

Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you
    specifically enjoyed from them~!):
    -

-

God of War III, the graphics are incredible.

Too many to list, check out the games completed thread.

Too many to list.

Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, FEAR 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane
    Favourite game(s) of 2010: RE5/Lost Odyssey/

Worst game(s) of 2010: PGR 4 it was cheap, needed a racer, it's fucking garbage.

Favourite developer(s) of 2010: Don't care

Biggest surprise(s) of 2010 (whether a piece of news, or simply a game that was a lot better than you thought it'd be): Lost Odyssey. Just wanted a boring rpg and it turned out to be really good.

Biggest disappointment(s) of 2010 (ditto): PGR4 also Mass Effect I know Sprung really likes the series but no matter how hard I try I just can't get into it.

Game(s) that robbed you of the most hours in 2010: FF12, damn Yiazmat...

Platform(s) that you played the most in 2010: PS2 and 360.

Most overrated game(s) of 2010: ?

Most underrated game(s) of 2010: ?

Favourite character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Cooke and Mack - Lost Odyssey.

Worst character(s) in a game you played in 2010: Sheva (do game companies even know what A.I. stands for? )

Favourite game soundtrack(s) of 2010 (and if you like, what tracks you specifically enjoyed from them~!): Don't care

Favourite gaming moment(s) of 2010 (whether it's specific scenes in games or simply game-related experiences): Finally beating that damned Yiazmat in FF12, I did it without any tricks just straight up like any other fight.

Prettiest game(s) of 2010 (whether it's due to sheer graphical prowess, or just overall style): RE5 - I just got my 360 a couple months back. Up until then my latest system was a PS2 (yes sad) Got this along with the system and when I popped it in I was stunned.

Games you finished in 2010 (abridge or don't as you see fit): Is there a limit to how long a post can be, I'll probably break it if there is.

Games you bought in 2010 (ditto): too many to type. 14 for my box and probably around 40 for my PS2.

Most anticipated games in 2011: Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Favourite Pro Gamer of 2010 %)))): Don't care.
    And that seems to be all. The cache of page 2 cut off there and all the ones I tried to acces of page 3 gave the "Not found" thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks, Tan. Page 3 does seem to be MIA at the moment.

Also, minor addition to my post - most overrated game I've played this year was definitely GTA4.

Thanks

Thank you, Tan! I would just click the 'thanks' button, but mine seems to have gone missing Lol