Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repairing A RAR Archive

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Repairing A RAR Archive

Screenshots showing step-by-step of how to repair a rar archive. I'm posting this so people that are confused when I tell them to repair the piece on one of my uploads can understand what I'm takling about.

Starting the process:

Choosing where to put the fixed piece(s):

If a recovery record is on the archive:

WinRAR Prompting for the next piece in the sequence:

Keep corrupt pieces in a separate folder:

Example of a folder with a fixed piece:

This is how your folder should look if one of the pieces was corrupted, you need to move the corrupt piece so that WinRAR doesn't try to extract from it and WinRAR will prompt you instead unless you rename the fixed piece.

Thanks to Drageuth for posting it once the forums were back up .

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slacker Magician For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay, any similar methods for those of us who feel like using 7-zip instead? Sure, I could use Winrar, if I wanted to be bothered to buy a license every time I start the software up. Nagware that can fix things is still nagware.

Still, thanks for the effort on your part.

EDIT: Hell, I'm going to use it anyways. Disregard this post. Or delete it.
    Last edited by Silvermistshadow; 28th-April-2011 at 01:38.

Thanks

in the "example of a folder with a fixes piece" are those rar file are can be extracted into one piece? sorry for bad english

Thanks

I have an "An unexpected end of archive error" on file part 12 of FFX, But when I try to repair it, it still gives the same error during the repair process which doesn't allow me to repair it. I am also using Winrar. Any ideas on what the problem might be and the way to solve it? Much thanks =]

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Make sure you are not missing any of the parts before or after part 12

if you are try to do a repair on part 12 alone then that is the issue you need to open via the first part

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LabtootsDhacker View Post
    in the "example of a folder with a fixes piece" are those rar file are can be extracted into one piece? sorry for bad english
    I'm not too sure on what you're asking but, if you repair a piece you need to move the old piece out of the folder, that way WinRAR will ask you for the next piece and you can choose the repaired one. As long as none of the pieces are corrupted, you can extract whatever is archived. I almost never check this thread, sorry about the really slow response .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you look at the 2nd screen you can clearly see that Shardnax is my alt.

Thanks

So I downloaded all the rars... all 22... then FIRST tried to extract them, and saw the errors... then I went to the repair guide and did was was shown, but during that process it never asked me for the next part in the sequence, as it's shown in your guide... anyways, after repairing 17,21, and 22 I went back to part one and started the extraction again and when it got to 17 it asked for that file, since it had been renamed fixed. I guess it couldn't continue... well I selected the fixed. file and then the same for 21 and 22... when the process finished it showed the FINALFANTASYX iso file, but it only has 2 folders in it... audio and video. Audio is empty and video has 1 video file in it... and when I open the iso in PCSX2 nothing happens...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Repairing does not always work

You may need to redownload it

DVD video's have a VIDEO and AUDIO folders and some DVD games do so if you pop it into a DVD player other than the PS2 it will say this is made for the PS2 console ect ect

If you look at the iso with isobuster it may show hidden files for the game

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Vahn Brewer View Post
    So I downloaded all the rars... all 22... then FIRST tried to extract them, and saw the errors... then I went to the repair guide and did was was shown, but during that process it never asked me for the next part in the sequence, as it's shown in your guide... anyways, after repairing 17,21, and 22 I went back to part one and started the extraction again and when it got to 17 it asked for that file, since it had been renamed fixed. I guess it couldn't continue... well I selected the fixed. file and then the same for 21 and 22... when the process finished it showed the FINALFANTASYX iso file, but it only has 2 folders in it... audio and video. Audio is empty and video has 1 video file in it... and when I open the iso in PCSX2 nothing happens...
    You shouldn't be getting folders when you extract, make sure that ISOs aren't associated with WinRAR.

Thanks

Haha! Thank you, unchecking the box that says ISO in WinRAR did the fix! Now I'm friggin playing FINAL FANTASY X on my COOOOMMMMPUUUUTTTERRRRR! (TuT) <3

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Auto-close prevention.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Auto-close prevention.

Thanks

Default .... n00b<<<<

Hey, The only way I know how to really open a file, to have it work for my emulator, is the way my brother showed me for the PS1 emulator... in the screenshots I see my files don't really look like that. Can someone tell me what I gotta do? If not its okay, eventually I may figure it out.

Thanks

Ohh yeah, do I have to extract like one at a time, or at all? PS2 emulator is really new to me...