Page 130 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Default Arcade scroller with revolving gun

Hi.

In 1990's I played an arcade scrolling shooter with a ship (but not necessarily starship) which could shoot to swarm of enemies in every possible direction because it could revolve its gun around itself in 360 degrees.

What's the name of this game?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaqq View Post
    Hi.

In 1990's I played an arcade scrolling shooter with a ship (but not necessarily starship) which could shoot to swarm of enemies in every possible direction because it could revolve its gun around itself in 360 degrees.

What's the name of this game?
    Maybe wrong, but, Einhander, perhaps?

Thanks

Hi. I've been searching for a PS1 game. It's a brick breaker game with bosses, like a sunbathing lady and you try to hit the sun to defeat her. It has lots of power ups and debuffs. Like the ball explodes to like a hundred etc. It has a Japanese title. Hope anyone can help. Sorry for my bad English.
    Thought i might add some more info.
    It can be a multiplayer brick breaker.
    Can't remember much on the bosses though.
    Buffs/debuffs:
    Ball explodes as stated above.
    The platform size increases. Covers the entire bottom pit
    Ball size increases to around 1/8 of the screen
    Platform decreases to around the size of the ball
    Increases/decreases ball speed.
    Ball sticks to platform til launched.
    Posted June 18th
    -SOLVED
    GAME TITLE - PRISM LAND
    Last edited by Ragnar; 19th-June-2016 at 14:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kamoteqqq View Post
    Hi. I've been searching for a PS1 game. It's a brick breaker game with bosses, like a sunbathing lady and you try to hit the sun to defeat her. It has lots of power ups and debuffs. Like the ball explodes to like a hundred etc. It has a Japanese title. Hope anyone can help. Sorry for my bad English.
    Thought i might add some more info.
    It can be a multiplayer brick breaker.
    Can't remember much on the bosses though.
    Buffs/debuffs:
    Ball explodes as stated above.
    The platform size increases. Covers the entire bottom pit
    Ball size increases to around 1/8 of the screen
    Platform decreases to around the size of the ball
    Increases/decreases ball speed.
    Ball sticks to platform til launched.
    Posted June 18th
    -unsolved
    sounds a lot like arkanoid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    sounds a lot like arkanoid
    It isn't arkanoid. But because of your answer and an hour of googling the game.
    I've found it!
    Was having a hard time remembering the title since my games were all purchased from Japan. And hence, the Japan's title.
    I've found out that it was also released with an English title.
    "Prism land"
    And as a bonus you can search
    "Prism land sunbathing furry boss"
    Hehe.
    (Included in the video was the explosion i was saying 0:27. And yep. Arkanoid's version cannot compare.)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kamoteqqq View Post
    I accidentally deleted original post
    Fixed that for you.

I also did Google up "Prism land sunbathing furry boss". That was interesting, I've never seen this brickbreaker before. Dat bullet hell powerup...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Fixed that for you.

I also did Google up "Prism land sunbathing furry boss". That was interesting, I've never seen this brickbreaker before. Dat bullet hell powerup...
    You haven't seen the other power ups yet.
    This is the best brick breaker up til now. Haha. My bro and sis will be surprised once they see it. They are also looking for the game but to no avail.
    Thanks for fixing my post.

Thanks

Hi, I am glad to to have found this thread. Hopefully someone can help me figure out an old japanese arcade circa 1980-1989. I am not sure whether its released for western market or not. but its definitely available in South East Asia at that time. I'll throw in bitcoin reward worth USD$10 to someone who replied first with the correct answer (no kidding).

Ok, its a funny 2D side scroller, deformed/squashed character ala goemon with surrounding setting (bamboo house, etc) also similiar to goemon. The character walks with left hand always straight forward, while right hand straight backward holding a small knife. Attack pattern would be swinging forward and backward.

The only strong memory I have is that the hero often passes spa house with a pretty girl behind the curtain. Attacking the curtain would tear it and embarrass the girl and get some power ups. well thats all I can recall.. been searching up and downs to no avail.

Cheers

UNSOLVED
    Last edited by LongLiveRetro; 29th-July-2016 at 03:01. Reason: UNSOLVED

Thanks

Hello long time forum stalker first time posting.

I am looking for a game that I thought was called Caveman Football. It was a two player arcade game in the 80s where you played football with vikings and cavemen and other extreme races. The football was pretty basic but I just loved the brutality of the combat part of the game.

It was loosely based on American Football and I remember is being more about the pile ups and button smashing trying to cause fumbles and/or killing the other team's players. It's not Cyber Bowl or Blood bowl.

Any help is appreciated.

Anyone remember this game?

Thanks

In the mid to late 80's (maybe even very early 90's) there was an arcade game, I believe it was a left to right and the object was to clear each level by performing tasks but the kicker was you had a wall that was trailing you and if you weren't quick enough you would get trapped and lose a life. Friend and I use to play it. I had completely forgotten about it but the friend asked and we can't remember the name. Any ideas?????

UNSOLVED

Thanks
    EP Points

@Jerry Witman Jr.

Is it Pigskin 621 A.D.?

Only one I can think of...
    Last edited by jmcd; 26th-July-2016 at 17:21. Reason: Posting went squiff.

Thanks

Hi... there was a game for coin op ...one of the players I guess was Akira..he was like a ninja (saying ia-ia-iaaa) and then another player that made a wheel as a finisher!

And another game wich the character could be changed in a phone box...thanks so much

Eastern USA, and loathing the coming issues.
    Thanks
    EP Points

Okay so I remember this game from a long while ago. I think it might've been for the Atari, or some other system not too much later. Or maybe it was just a dream. I don't know anymore. Anyway, you could make these bases on different planets, and the entire interface was completely Sci-fi, mostly this brown-ish color for the non-screen parts, and your goal was to gain control of all the planets. To do this you'd build defenses on the planets, as well as have your own little guns on them you'd control on defense, or you would, on attacking enemy planets, have to get past all of your enemy's defenses with your troops. All of this is done via some weird currency I can't remember the symbol of (it looked like a funky dollar sign I think?).

That's really all I can remember. Oh, and the turret you controlled on defense was one of those round turrets that could look in a 360 degree angle (basically you could fire backwards, effectively doing nothing).

I've been wondering about this for years now. Like, it all feels almost like a dream but I remember some parts of the game so vividly.

Thanks

Don't think we are talking of the same game. thanks anyway

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Witman Jr. View Post
    Hello long time forum stalker first time posting.

I am looking for a game that I thought was called Caveman Football. It was a two player arcade game in the 80s where you played football with vikings and cavemen and other extreme races. The football was pretty basic but I just loved the brutality of the combat part of the game.

It was loosely based on American Football and I remember is being more about the pile ups and button smashing trying to cause fumbles and/or killing the other team's players. It's not Cyber Bowl or Blood bowl.

Any help is appreciated.

Anyone remember this game?
    jsut a wild guess: Speedball?