Page 121 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

I've updated my list of games that I know are not what I'm looking for above. But this area of these forums seem pretty dead.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Firia View Post
    I've updated my list of games that I know are not what I'm looking for above. But this area of these forums seem pretty dead.
    We are looking, but often it's really hard to guess these.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    We are looking, but often it's really hard to guess these.
    Understood. Thankfully reddit has discovered the games identity. "Shadow Force"

Thanks

How to create a new thread on this forum? I have some questions cosidering amiga emulator please help?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ivastamen View Post
    How to create a new thread on this forum? I have some questions cosidering amiga emulator please help?
    Go here and click the Post New Thread button (top left corner):
    http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...c-amp-PC-Games

Thanks

Default Need help to find the name of 2 games (arcade/amiga)

Howdy :)

(first off, if this post is in the wrong section please move it)

I'm searching for 2 games I've been playing in my childhood, they were remarkably good but unfortunately I forgot their names (and never finished them either)

But I can provide a description so anyone who knows this/these game(s) should recognize them pretty easy.

No1: This is a futuristic shooter on an arcade-system, I think using 1 joystick and 3 buttons. You're flying an airplane/spacecraft seen from above while the screen is advancing at the top. You've got to shoot alot of small enemies down and also huge endlevel bosses.
    Actually the thing you fly is a robot with a rifle in both hands, but you can split the robot apart into 3 ships in order to differ the way to attack (from singletarget to more AOE).
    You could also drop a huge bomb which would break a hole in the ground (you're flying not in space) and it is possible to enter these holes by flying over it. This would change the view to a sideview, and the screen would advance to the right now.
    So basically you could complete every level in either sideview or topview.

No2: This was on Amiga, a sort of slow platform or jump'n'run game, sideview, screen advancing to the right, in a medieval fantasy setting. A small boy has to go out into the world to prevent a dragon destroying his hometown (actually this is seen in the games frontispiece when loading, a huge dragon spitting fire with the boy in the foreground).
    The kid only had balls as weapons, but there were different colours available which alternated their strength or the flightpath (IIRC).
    He could also make a small jump+kick to the ground in order to shatter weak stones and thereby, find entrances to hidden caves.

Does anybody have any clue what the name of these games are? I've searched myself through lists and lists but I couldn't find anything so far. IIRC the AMiga game had "quest" in its name but that word is so common it didn't lead anywhere....

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
    Last edited by Kassiopeija; 18th-March-2015 at 12:17. Reason: typoes

Thanks

I just remembered that there was a game of sorta, I believe. It involved a lady in distress tied on a train track, but a muscular hero flew in and stopped the train with one punch, destroying it before he freed the woman and then flew off with the woman saying goodbye. I think it was a 90's arcade game or something. Which was it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Toonwriter View Post
    I just remembered that there was a game of sorta, I believe. It involved a lady in distress tied on a train track, but a muscular hero flew in and stopped the train with one punch, destroying it before he freed the woman and then flew off with the woman saying goodbye. I think it was a 90's arcade game or something. Which was it?
    Sonic Blast Man?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    Sonic Blast Man?
    Yeah, that's it!

Thanks

I remember a computer game that had a man named Quinn, and it had CD-i-like graphics, yet it was a good game. It had guards, traps and dangers, and whenever Quinn gets in a fighting stance, the music turns heavy metal. The game took place in medieval times.

Thanks

so,this game i've played about 5 years ago it was something like dark souls but you could trasform into demon by pressing r or f...... the name of the game started with r,s or l .... don't remember... it's more similar to knight of temple... i remember one level in which your demon transformation fighted against you... you could upgrade de human form power or demonic one,that's all i know .O and there were spots in small whitee cracks were you could regenerate your health using the sword .there were some kind of good spirits and bad ... don't remember what wast with them but... i hope you guess . i love that game

Quote Originally Posted by Toonwriter View Post
    I remember a computer game that had a man named Quinn, and it had CD-i-like graphics, yet it was a good game. It had guards, traps and dangers, and whenever Quinn gets in a fighting stance, the music turns heavy metal. The game took place in medieval times.
    Batman Arkham City: 'Harley Quinn's Revenge' is it?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 6th-April-2015 at 11:46. Reason: posts merged

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by becea View Post
    Batman Arkham City: 'Harley Quinn's Revenge' is it?
    It's not a Batman game at all. Like I said, it's a medieval game.

In fact, I just researched and discovered what it is; Shadows of Cairn.
    Last edited by Toonwriter; 6th-April-2015 at 15:09.

Thanks

Well, chalk up another one I solved myself... the Strategy game was actually worldwide, not European, and it had a lot of sprites rather than being 3D.

Soccer game's still at a loss though. Copypasta for the soccer game:

I think there was a soccer game that had a fighting minigame inbetween? Like from what I remember, there was footage once that had two players, one from each team, in the mid field. It changed to a fighting minigame, with red bars for lifebars. Then one of the players had to beat the other, in typical fighting fashion, for possession of the ball.

Strategy-esque Europe game thing: SOLVED! By: Myself. :3c Name: Risk II
    Soccer/Fighting Game Combo: UNSOLVED
    RC game thing: SOLVED! By: Myself. :3c Name: Big Scale Racing
    Last edited by LC-DDM; 12th-April-2015 at 01:29.

Thanks

All right guys, I got a tough cookie for you!

I remember playing a Robinson Crusoe-themed point-and-click adventure game (PC) as a kid in the 90s / early 2000s. Googled for about an hour, nothing (only mobile games turn up).

Game Description:
    Story: Robinson was stranded on the island and has to survive (orly).
    Game mechanics: 3rd person view, can walk left or right only. The island is divided in several maps / screens. Clicking on things makes the character a) give spoken comments about how he can't do anything about it, or b) walk up to it and do something with it. If you make him go to the next screen, he might say something like "You're exhausting me"
    Graphics: 90's era PC graphics, not terrible. Quite colorful. I remember Robinson was balding and had red hair... I THINK.
    Distinct memories: Early in the game you need to build a house. You first needed to get some wood somehow, and then the house-making process consisted of moving the wood (with your mouse) onto a blueprint of the house. I think there was an alligator in the same map that you had to scare away first. Also, at some point, you notice Friday being tied up to a tree and some locals doing their jungle dance and preparing a cauldron.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Mrm, tricky one that. All I can find for PC is info about this damn game.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!