Originally posted by Ravensm.

--------

After looking around the net and trying to understand just exactly how to do this, I finally learned how to take PS2 CD's and make them in to PS2 DVD and make them playable with ESR. It's very simple and honestly it can be fun trying to do this.

What you will need: (Google these programs they are all freeware and easy to find)

IMGBurn
CDmage
Dummy File Creator
DVDScan/DVDScan Lite v3.7

Step 1 : With IMGBurn program open Click the button "Create Image File from disk"

Once the disc is inserted into the drive it will autopopulate the information of the disc in the box on the right hand side of the screen, then just click the Icon on the bottom of the screen that has a Disc arrow and a Page with a CD in the middle of it. Make sure to keep your read speeds at their lowest settings.

Step 2 : Now Open the Image with CDMage

Now right click on track 1 and select &quotata track properties" and write this info down it is very important.

Please keep in mind these photo's are demonstrations only depending on the game your trying to convert you will have different information on your screen.

Step 2.5 : Create a new folder on your desktop name it however you wish I use Test myself. This is where you will be sending the files of the Image to.

Step 3 : Select all files then right click and extract to a folder you made for this process.

Step 4: Now open DVDScan/DVDScan Lite v3.7 and patch the files. Make sure to select the option DVD.

Then click File/Open and select the folder we created just for the extracted files from the Image. If you don't know what files need to be patched select them all and let it scan them. Don't Highlight the folders while scanning as the program does not scan them what so ever only the files. Generally .IRX files need to be patched but its always recommended to go into each folder and select every file and scan it. If the selected file you scanned has no CD checks what so ever in them you will get a screen like so.

When you get this error simply select NO as it is not an important file.

When you have scanned the correct files you will get results like the picture above. When you see this and it has no errors the entire program has been patched properly and we are ready to move to the next step.

Step 5 : Now it's time to open up the DummyFile program to make a Dummy File. The reason we make a dummy file is because if you do not have a total disc space of 1.4GB the game will not load up with or without ESR. It is vital we make sure this need is met. It is fine to go over 1.4GB. The picture below I have shown you how to make a 1 GB dummy file by entering 1000 in the field below.

Once you've filled in the 1000 click the button &quotick Location" and select the root folder where you extracted the image files. Name it Z.bin or name it anything that makes it sit at the bottom of the file list in that folder. Cause you can not mess up the order of the file listing as in was in CDMage. The Dummy file named Z.Bin will be fine as the game is not programmed to read it.Once that is named, click save and then click the "Build" button. ***WARNING*** This program can appear to stall at times and make the window say (Not Responding), Don't worry about that just leave it be it does not take that long for the program to make a dummy file usually 30 seconds at most. It will pop up a message saying the task is complete.

Step 6 : With the dummy file in place it is time to generate a new 2048 sector UDF/ISO9660 ISO file.

On the top bar select the folder where we stored our extracted image files at.

At the bottom bar you will select the name of the ISO which in this case I always call them "Test.iso" and select where you want to put them. I usually put them on my desktop for quick access. Then select the "Labels" tab. Remember that information I told you to write down? Well this is where you will enter it in. All the info has to be entered precisely as it was stated in CDMage. In the image below I use an example of a conversion I did before to give you reference.

Now click the Advanced Tab this is another important step. Follow the Red circles I have made for you on the picture and make sure to fill in the exact date and time that CDMage told you this game was created.

Do not use the date and time info in the picture it is once again just an example.

Now Click the Build button on the bottom left hand of the screen and you will see an msg like this.

It's asking if you want to use folder or files to be in root directory, we want that to happen so select Yes. You may get a screen giving you the option of naming the disk (If it had no Volume Label in step 2) Just click No and leave it blank.

In the next msg box make sure the file system is ISO9660, UDF (1.02) and has more than 1.4GB.

Click OK and the process of the files being converted into a DVD ISO will begin. Once this is done then if you intend to use ESR to play this game make sure to ESR patch the ISO before burning it to a blank DVD. Make sure to burn at the lowest speed possible!! And then your done!!

***Warning***

Not all CD games can be converted to DVD's and play properly. I do not have a list of what can work other than my own tested backup of &quotonald Duck Goin' Quackers", What does not work from experience is He-Man Masters of the universe. Those are the only two I have tried.