Thread: How To Use A Psp With Custom Firmware

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default How To Use A Psp With Custom Firmware

This was originally posted by JESUSoCHRISTO. Due to the rollback, he is longer with us. We managed to save his tutorial. JESUSoCHRISTO, if you return and would like to take claim of your tutorial, please pop me a PM and I will delete this thread once you post a new one. Thanks.

THIS IS ASSUMING YOU ALREADY HAVE A PSP WITH CUSTOM FIRMWARE INSTALLED, IF IN DOUBT GO TO YOUR SYSTEM SETTINGS AND SELECT SYSTEM INFORMATION IF YOU SEE A "M33" THERE, IT MEANS U HAVE CUSTOM FIRMWARE</font>

To turn psp on or off push the gray button on the side where it says POWER on the side of the psp always make sure you exit the game your playing before turning the psp off (if the psp is turned on and you hold the power button on until the psp turns off this is called a hard reset, and useful if your attempting to nstall cfw on another psp, just a note)

You can change memory cards with the psp turned on, just exit the game your playing first

To play a game, select GAME from the main menu then pick the game you want to play

To exit the game, press the HOME button then select EXIT

DO NOT CHANGE THESE OPTIONS FOUND IN THE MENU WHEN YOU PRESS THE SELECT BUTTON

M33 VSH MENU

CPU CLOCK XMB Default
    CPU CLOCK GAME Default

USB DEVICE Memory Stick
    UMD ISO MODE Sony NP 9960 (see 2nd note below)
    ISO VIDEO MOUNT NONE

TO ADD OR REMOVE A GAME FIRST CONNECT THE PSP TO YOUR COMPUTER WITH THE USB CABLE Now select the SETTINGS option from the main menu NOW select USB CONNECTION NOW ADD THE GAME FILES (ISO) INTO YOUR ISO FOLDER NOW EXIT THE USB CONNECTION MENU FROM THE MAIN MENU OPTIONS NOW YOU CAN SELECT THE GAME FROM THE GAME OPTION
    IN THE MAIN MENU

GO TO system settings THEN format memory stick TO ERASE YOUR MEMORY CARD AND IT WILL ALSO WRITE ALL THE EMPTY FOLDERS AGAIN THEIR

[color="DarkOrange"]NOTES</font>

*1st format you memory card from the psp menu after installing cfw always

[color="Yellow"]*2nd</font> if you don't change the umd mode to "m33 driver" you won't be able to update your cfw from 4.01m33 to 5.00 then to the latest version 5.00m33-3, for some reason it doesn't allow you to update fw on that version without changing that setting, you can change it back after your done. (change it back to Sony NP 9960, ofcourse, best setting)

*3rd what is .cso? it is a compressed format for psp images that are normally .iso, some games encounter problems when running from a compressed format, which is why i recommend not compressing at all or uncompressing an image before playing it from your psp back to .iso using "UMDGen_v3.50"

*4th how can i not brick my psp? don't use any software for your psp that uses the flash banks (cfw updates are ok, make sure you update in order, do not skip a update when updating your cfw do so at your own risk)

*5th THIS GUIDE is useful for fw 3.80 (3.7*) and up to the most recent 5.00m33-3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drageuth For This Useful Post: