Thread: Downloaded & extracted ISO, it came out as an IMG, SUB and CCD

Thanks

Default Downloaded & extracted ISO, it came out as an IMG, SUB and CCD

The IMG runs perfectly smoothly, and I have no problem with this but I'm a little confused. Am I supposed to somehow combine them into an ISO or did something go wrong?

Thanks

IMG is all that matters. The SUB and CCD are only there for burning purposes, when using CloneCD to burn it exactly as it was ripped. So no need to concern yourself with those two if you're emulating.

Thanks

Alright, thanks!

Thanks

Ya, that happened to me too (with MGS in particular). But I also have an MDF file and an MDS file. I'm pretty sure disk one was the IMG and disk two was the MDF. I plan to play these on my psp, so I'm unsure if these will work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCHEESE55 View Post
    Ya, that happened to me too (with MGS in particular). But I also have an MDF file and an MDS file. I'm pretty sure disk one was the IMG and disk two was the MDF. I plan to play these on my psp, so I'm unsure if these will work.
    MDF/MDS won't work on your PSP. But, you can easily convert it into a ISO file, without any trouble. One way to do this, is to mount the MDF/MDS in a virtual drive (such as Alcohol120%, UltraISO, Daemon), then using the same program (or a different on that can make images out of discs) to rip it into an ISO. If this sounds like a real chore, several applications have easier solutions. UltraISO, for example, has a very nice "convert to..." function that lets you convert from one format (such as MDF/MDS) into another format (such as ISO) on the go. Here's a pic, for your information:

Good luckies to you

Thanks

how bout the IMG file? Do i have to convert that do?

do you know a good place to get UltraISO?

Thanks

alright. thanks for the help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kupoPAI
    IMG and ISO is pretty much the same thing, just different name. If you wanted to, you could rename a from FILE.IMG to FILE.ISO and vice versa. MDF/MDS however, is different. Check your PM, by the way. kupo has gift for you. By the way, after you have made ISOs out of your games, you need to convert them into EBOOTS in order to make them playable on PSP. You can read more about that here.

So:

Convert PSX games into ISO if they are not already -> Convert into EPBOOT as explained in the link above -> Transfer to PSP (explained in link too) -> Start playing the game on your PSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGCHEESE55
    alright. thanks for the help.

No problem

Thanks
    EP Points

What are you meant to do if the game has audio tracks? .iso will only store track01, so the game is going to be musicless?

Thanks

bin cue?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    bin cue?
    Oh shi-

I need to lrn2read. The game at hand is MGS which is a single track image. So yeah, .ISO is fine.