Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This gen systems suck, no matter what...

Thanks

That's cool and all, but remember, MOST people don't know how or want to do that shit! (modding, emulating, hacking)
    Personally, I don't like that shit. I rather not have to open my system up and mess with it. Plus, MS can tell if you've done it, and when you go on live, you'll get banned permately. Not really the thing most people want either.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    That's cool and all, but remember, MOST people don't know how or want to do that shit! (modding, emulating, hacking)
    Personally, I don't like that shit. I rather not have to open my system up and mess with it. Plus, MS can tell if you've done it, and when you go on live, you'll get banned permately. Not really the thing most people want either.
    Xlink Kai > XBL.
    Well, if you use 1:1 backups online you can't be detected. It's when they have been backed up dodgy with bad discs/hardware when you get detected & banned.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno_ View Post
    Xlink Kai > XBL.
    True.

Also to the OP,
    Please jump into a fire.

Wii is awesome.
    360 is becoming the Shmup machine.
    PS3 is good for something,
    although I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Someones mad because they dont have a PS3

Thanks
    EP Points

Video games fucking suck, all of them. No matter what.

"Gotta bash 'em all!"

Thanks
    EP Points

See, look. The PS3 is so fucking awesome it brought pkt back from the dead!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    C'mon, they're all playing on old games. VC, XBLA and PSN classics, WTF?!
    the only available systems now can't even play ps2 games
    So wait...playing old games is a problem with the new systems, but not playing old games is also a problem with the new systems? o__O

The PS3's price is a problem, certainly, but it'll drop, given time. I get the feeling that Sony will have to settle for second place this generation, but I highly doubt they'll let a console they've put so much money into fail. As for the 360... I don't know. Microsoft messed up big time with the 360's tendency to RROD, but I really don't think it's going anywhere. It's already penetrated a much more diverse quarter of the market with its software library than the original XBox, which Microsoft were willing to ditch money into until the very end of last generation. I can't see them just dropping it.

Yes, they lost the format war to Blu-Ray. But it's quite simply not the same thing that DVD was last generation. The quality difference between VHS and DVD was enormous. It was obvious to even the most uninterested bystander that DVD was a huge step forward. Blu-Ray is, too, a huge step forward, but it's going from good to great, rather than bad to good. It's not going to convince the same amount of people to part with money that the PS2's DVD capability did, since many people, myself included, just don't really care when what we have does well enough. Whereas I bought a PS2 really glad of its DVD playing capabilities, if and when I buy a PS3 it will be solely because it is a games console.

And the Wii? I can't see any basis for comparison to the Dreamcast. Yes, both consoles ended up being the weakest of their generation, but the Dreamcast was launched as a serious contender hardware-wise, whereas with the Wii a conscious choice was made to target a certain demographic and not to go for pure specs. There's a world of difference between seeing your 'superior' console outclassed, and what the Wii is doing. It never claims to be superior. It's aiming to do a completely different thing to the 360 and PS3. And more or less succeeding, so far.

There's also the fact that Nintendo are a huge, well-established corporation going from strength to strength, whereas Sega were making a last ditch effort in the console market after several commercial failures that had served to make them something of a laughing stock to many. Just...not the same thing at all. And piracy? Meh, you'll see it sooner or later on all three next-gen consoles. There's no such thing as foolproof when it comes to anti-piracy measures, and I fail to see piracy's headstart on the Wii having any great impact. Especially when a huge part of the market it's targeting are hardly people savvy enough to mod systems and pirate games.

More than anything, though, you seem to be forgetting that all three systems are still very young. The PS2 ended up having just about the best and most diverse library of games of any console ever, and its first few years, at least here in Europe, were far from brilliant. It took 'til stuff like Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear Solid 2 for things to even begin to get good, and even then games like that were the exception rather than the rule. The PS3 hasn't even been out for a single year yet here in Europe. Talk about jumping the gun...

Oh, and for reference, I don't own any of the next-gen consoles. The newest thing I own is a PSP. But it just really seems like it's far too early to be forecasting the failure of consoles that really haven't been around for a great deal of time. And many of your concerns seem trivial and petty, to put it nicely.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hm. Every generation of consoles has their fair share of issues and stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaurman View Post
    PS3 is good for something, although I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.
    Spending $400+?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks
    EP Points

Spending $400+?
    As long as your not working a dead end job,
    $400 is chump change.

Im pretty sure Sony dosent want you owning a PS3 anyways.

Thanks

the only real fun this gen console is the ds.
    DS sucks my shit. PSP is better.

I love all consoles, except to DS.

I like gaming no matter the console.

I will soon own a PS3 to complete the Tri-fecta.

Thanks

I own both handhelds (PSP and DS), and satisfied with them since they are both modded, but so far have played more DS games than PSP (though I have lists for both, I just go for DS usually). If I get a next gen console, probably Wii first, for what? Probably the easy modding and its just different. And Brawl, for sure Brawl. I also want stuff to get cheaper.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure if someone likes something, they'll buy it regardless of what fucking gay clowns say what. It all depends on self-perception. Me, personally, I'd like to get my hands on a Wii, since who wouldn't wanna play Wii, and most importantly Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

XBOX360 is awesome for making most of their games LIVE-Enabled since that way people will be able to connect and play with each other.

Playstation had a history of great RPGs too. So, PS3 is bound to lead in the Console wars in terms of awesome RPGs.

IMO, they are all great systems, but when Brawl and Palkia come to mind, first thing that pops up is Wii. Me wants it.BAAAAADDDD!
    Please give me some GOOD(thanks alot Banned ) rep points.

If you wanna challenge me to a battle on PJ64 just PM me.

I am currently accepting gifts and I also am currently broke.

Help Me buy a new computer.

Give me a ribbon and I'll give you one too.

Palkia+ +Cricketman=Biggest n00bz ever

Thanks
    EP Points

I have the feeling Lost Odyssey will go to the PS3.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by _M_ View Post
    DS sucks my shit. PSP is better.

I love all consoles, except to DS.

I like gaming no matter the console.

I will soon own a PS3 to complete the Tri-fecta.
    I have both and disagree.

The only thing I use my PSP for is playing Progear No Arashi on the CPS2 emu.

I think the Ds has a much better selection of games.