Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blu Ray too small for MGS?

Thanks

Default Blu Ray too small for MGS?

-= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks

wtf, why would we need jap voices? WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    This sucks major ass. Oh well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _M_ View Post
    This sucks major ass. Oh well.
    it really doesn't effect gameplay for most of the "ignorant" american fanbase, not even fully aware that thegame was in or was created by japanese, let alone know the playstation is japanese. i wonder if PAL reigons will get span , fre, ger and so on texts or speech or just english.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    it really doesn't effect gameplay for most of the "ignorant" american fanbase, not even fully aware that thegame was in or was created by japanese, let alone know the playstation is japanese. i wonder if PAL reigons will get span , fre, ger and so on texts or speech or just english.
    PAL usually gets those anyway?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

We'll get spanish texts and english speech. The only MGS game fully localised to spanish was the first one, they did a big effort and the result was incredibly good. But apparently, since it costs lots of money they haven't done it anymore.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    We'll get spanish texts and english speech. The only MGS game fully localised to spanish was the first one, they did a big effort and the result was incredibly good. But apparently, since it costs lots of money they haven't done it anymore.
    I heard it was pretty bad but what do I know...

So Cookie... do you prefer the English or Spanish version of MGS?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    I heard it was pretty bad but what do I know...

So Cookie... do you prefer the English or Spanish version of MGS?
    David Hayter or Alfonso Valles.... though decision. Honestly I like both equally, believe me, they did an awesome job localizing MGS to spanish, whoever say the contrary either is an ignorant or have no taste. I don't care if the game is in spanish or not, that's no obstacle to enjoy it, but I admit that a good localization is highly appreciated and this was prolly the best we ever had (it explains why the MGS saga is by far one of the best seller in Spain)

Thanks

I'm excited for MGS. I can't believe it's that fucking big.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks
    EP Points

I hate localizations,japanese voice acting is always superior to half-assed english voice acting,and don't get me started on spanish dubs...
    everything should keep its original voices and have only the text and the game itself translated accurately and faithfully to english,and fmvs or whatever,should keep the voices and have subtitles.
    nothing

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pelger View Post
    I hate localizations,japanese voice acting is always superior to half-assed english voice acting,and don't get me started on spanish dubs...
    everything should keep its original voices and have only the text and the game itself translated accurately and faithfully to english,and fmvs or whatever,should keep the voices and have subtitles.
    If I wanted to read a load of text, I'd get a book.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Deach View Post
    If I wanted to read a load of text, I'd get a book.
    Hahah, I'm with Deach here. Quality localizations are always better than j/p voices with accurate subs, that unless you speak j/p, of course.
    Spanish or english, I don't care, but I'll always prefer my games in languages that I can understand. If someone prefers things in japanese is cos the localization to english or whatever was poor not cos keeping things in japanese is a better option. In other words, they prefer it in japanese cos that way they won't know if it was a poor acting since they don't know the language

Thanks
    EP Points

I heard something about the voices being uncompressed so I guess it's not that big a deal that it takes up the blu-ray.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pelger View Post
    I tend to disagree. I like to watch my anime with English voices because it helps me relate to the characters better. I also can't really tell a difference in emotions with the Japanese voices.

As for MGS. Most people prefer David Hayter in the English version. For me, he will always be Solid Snake.

Metal Gear Solid: Integral had English voice acting with Japanese subtitles. One possible reason for this is that Hideo Kojima is rumored to have said he liked the English voice acting better, and possibly the English voice of Solid Snake, Hayter's character. The Japanese version of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance had English voice acting, possibly for the same reason.
    Last edited by Josh; 6th-March-2008 at 18:22.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I tend to disagree. I like to watch my anime with English voices because it helps me relate to the characters better. I also can't really tell a difference in emotions with the Japanese voices.
    I've never heard of anyone who prefered english dubs over subtitles. Has the acting quality increased in recent years? Been a while for me... Incredibly, though, spanish-dubbed anime has always been of good quality for me.
    As for MGS. Most people prefer David Hayter in the English version. For me, he will always be Solid Snake.
    For me, he will always be the EA promo guy. ^__^

Add: I wish my little brother would learn english already. He can't even appreciate FFXII, and MGS3's spanish subtitles are not all that good. Don't you think so cookie?