Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: PC Hangout

Thanks
    EP Points

Just wondering if GNU+Linux users are allowed to post such related information here.

Best regards, ADFENO.
    Have a nice day.
    Automatic signature:
    – Personal website: http://adfeno.mooo.com/
    – Please do not send me Microsoft Office or Apple iWork documents.
    Instead, send OpenDocument documents!
    http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/
    – If I don't wish you a nice day in my emails, my posts, or my comments;
    this means that these were sent by third parties.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finally got Zorin OS to install in virtualbox, seems you needed to choose ubuntu as the OS or else it would freeze
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Peripher...cending&page=1

Question. Which one of these would be a good one to go for? I've considered a few already but I don't want to have the issue I'm having with my current wireless mouse i.e. its too sensitive. One press of the button can mean two (example. I press to go to a new tab when opening a link but since the button is so sensitive it opens a new tab but also opens the link in the same window)

Thanks
    EP Points

Stick with logitech. I own 2 mice a keyboard and a gamepad and I've had no problems with them.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

5. The Following User Says Thank You to markbarkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will suggest the Logitech as well. I have many logitech devices and have only had issues with one. I bought a "couch mouse" which you can use on soft surfaces, and it disconnects several times a minute. THen again, I have another mouse from Logitech that I have used extensively for .... nearly 7 years now. It only went bad once, but just needed a button cleaning after which it kept on going.

I am however quite particular on the size of mouser and that one is small. My fiancee has it in pink and it is just too small.
    The M185 is about the same as the 305 AFAIK.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

Ignoring price, get the Logitech M525.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Cheers guys I'll keep a look out for that then. Will probably spend the next paycheck getting a new one

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmmm.........I won't be burned to cinders on a ritual block and cleansed with holy water for necro'ing this thread will I? :p
    Intel I-7 Quad core 4790k 4.0ghz
    Geforce GTX 760 4GB GPU, SC
    Cooler Master 850 Gold PSU
    Z97-AR motherboard
    16 gigs RAM
    Cooler Master 932 HAF - Full sized tower

Thanks
    EP Points

Might as well revive this one with a question!

GNU/Linux users report here. How many of us are there?

Sent from the Intergalactic Space Arcade using aliens.

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh. Actually I do have a question. My current pc setup is an amd bulldozer 6100 fx overclocked to 4.2 Ghz and an nvidia evga 760 4GB SC edition. the tower has plenty of room, cooler master 932 haf, and I have a cooler master 850Watt psu so plenty of juice for extra performance if I want to upgrade my system.

well, I've been wondering if I feel like putting some money into the setup and swapping the processor for an i7 quad with hyperthreading, for video recording and editing when i'm ready to get back to working on my abandoned youtube channel, and if I feel like putting in some dual 780s for graphics. if I go the intel route, what would ya'll recommend for a mobo, and is the extra price worth the hyperthreading on the i7s? also please tell me what you think about the best route for gpu power/cost.
    Intel I-7 Quad core 4790k 4.0ghz
    Geforce GTX 760 4GB GPU, SC
    Cooler Master 850 Gold PSU
    Z97-AR motherboard
    16 gigs RAM
    Cooler Master 932 HAF - Full sized tower

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by war1ock View Post
    GNU/Linux users report here. How many of us are there?
    Crunchbang user here, at least on my laptops. Still use Windows 7 on my main desktop I use for gaming; even with more and more games being made available on linux through Steam, they'll never get the vast majority of games already developed for Windows running properly on it ;/
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

@deathneko11

For just video editing, Personally i wouldn't bother upgrading computer. I would create and render all assets for your youtube channel and then just use a format that you can use without having to Re-encode everything. Unless of course you do a lot of post-processing with your content.

I use ASUS GRYPHON Z87 motherboard, because of it's robust componants (5 year as standard guarantee) has good features, Things like Thermal monitoring on desktop and Boot to Bios etc etc.

If you play demanding pc games i would wait for the next graphics card that comes out and upgrade your CPU as well and ram if you need to (8Gb-16Gb more than enough). It's nice to be able to jump in and out of games with a fast pc anyway, So any upgrade to a pc is well.... Better! lol.

I have 780Ti, But at 1920x1080 games like crysis 3 does make it drop frames, But SLI has many problems as well that goes with it - Game compatitbility (Some perform worst on SLI!), Heat, Power consumption...

At the moment there is Titan Z for like 1 million dolla lol that could probably (SHOULD!!!) play everything maxed out or just save your money for GTX880 890?? or higher when it comes out.
    But when you see games like watch dogs with so much performance issues on every card availible.. most of the time it just comes down to lazy Dev's, Not how powerful your card is.

Upgrade, YES
    Upgrade for Gaming on 'Ultra' NO
    Upgrade to keep in-line with Next-Gen Consoles - YES
    Last edited by NINJAGIRL--X--; 27th-July-2014 at 12:44.

i7 4770k 4.2Ghz , 16Gb 2133Mhz , GTX 780Ti 3072MB

Thanks

I have a PC from 2003 with a scsi drive that dates back to 1999. It's running the latest Ubuntu and recognizes Sound Blaster Live! and Line6 Toneport, works great for retro games and sound editing and multi-tracking.

Thanks
    EP Points

So am beginning to build my new computer. I came across this http://www.build-gaming-computers.co...-computer.html
    I am sorta of on a budget, I am just wondering if I could get better parts for better prices, I'd like to build the mid-range build under budget builds, but the one before the mid-range looks pretty decent as well. Just looking for some advice and opinions on computer parts. I do want it so that I am able to play the latest games, at least everything that has come out so far. I also hear there are some Nivida cards I should watch out for or avoid. Any help is appericated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Guess whats out now?

Last edited by Warrior; 29th-February-2016 at 17:14.