Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who says the Wii doesn't have anything good coming out this year?

Thanks

it isn't gettin sf2 remix?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I Have Funny Hair View Post
    it isn't gettin sf2 remix?
    Oh wow, a rehash of a fighting game from 10 years ago. Whoopie.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    Oh wow, a rehash of a fighting game from 10 years ago. Whoopie.
    You said that fighting games were fighting games, and that there was no point in a series going up to 12.

Now, then, what's the problem with remaking/enhancing an old one?

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    I count:

Eight games made to capitalize on the gimmick of the Wiimote (nine if you count Sega Bass Fishing).

Seven games made on other consoles.

Twenty eight games I've never heard of, or can't ID from the picture.

So that leaves you with another Mario Kart, another Sonic game, another Worms game, the most overhyped Smash Bros yet, an arcade railshooter from 10 years ago, Harvest Moon, another Lego game, and a lightsaber game.

Bravo, Wii.
    Also, 28 games you can't say anything about. ToS was the best thing ever, seriously. I mean, it was no Suikoden V, but it sure was the second best RPG of that era (still haven't played VP2 >__<)

Quote Originally Posted by Librå View Post
    It's sad when one game carries the system's reputation like smash bro's is doing, and I mean come on, it's hardly different than the other smash bro. Other than boring online, few more characters (whoopie) and some small features/ Still the same thing. I heard the wiimote sucks horribly and you'll want to play with a gamecube controller. Lame. Where's the fun in that?

All in all, I think the wii is a great system, just needs a better lineup than that, half that games have come out years ago or are coming out for other systems some way. Not too mention the exclusive only titles are just sequels basically. Another mario game, another sham bros, another zelda, another mario kart.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad, as they're good games, but it's the same old nintendo.
    Those games are also hyped just as much as halo is, and that's bad.
    It's quite disappointing.
    Wat? It's one of, if no the, the most popular fighting series and they've added online play. I do think it's a rather big deal, even though I don't personally care myself (I think it's great fun on single player, but I've never actually enjoyed multiplaying since all my friends suck at it). More Characters/improved modes is what all those games are about, what the hell were they supposed to do? Also, the game was designed mainly for the gamecube/classic (or whatever they call it) controller, and they didn't want it to be yet another wiimote game. So, yeah.

Um, the sequels of the great series are the big sellers when it comes to consoles. My only doubt as far as the greatness of the wii goes is the vast amount of PS2/3/360 titles it doesn't get (I want that fucking DWVI, dammit). The X-Box was worthless to me because my Gamecube and PS2 got all the games I wanted, but now that I'm sitting here with nothing more than a gamecube I realize what a disappointment it was. A few good exclusives, but Nintendo missed out on so many PS2/X-box releases, and I'm wondering why. So, yeah, the late release of PES 2008 is alarming /point.

Edit: Oh, and I fail to see how SSBB is carrying the reputation of the wii. All the SSB-nuts should've bought one already.
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 16th-February-2008 at 20:44.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Have no worry Wii-haters, Miyamoto is gracious and will forgive your words, sinners!

Thanks
    EP Points

Smash Brothers Brawl will convert me into trying a Wii, and no I'm not joking. I just have to wait for it to be released here, and for my uncle to buy it. Then it'll be 2 player heaven!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Have no worry Wii-haters, Miyamoto is gracious and will forgive your words, sinners!
    or will he?

Thanks

If I ever get a Wii, I would get a good amount of these games assuming they got cheaper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain View Post
    Nope. PC, Wii, and DS. Will Wright is a BIG fan of the Wii and DS, even going so far as to call the Wii the "only next-gen console". So I wouldn't look for it on the 360 or PS3.
    If it's distributed by EA, I wouldn't live by that statement...

EDIT: Cheezy seems kinda bitter...
    Last edited by Roux!; 17th-February-2008 at 21:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

What's that, Ninja Reflex game about?

Thanks

Hurling wiimotes and nunchucks, probably? Backflips too!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dragon Quest Swords: Got average scores from EGM in the latest issue. They say the biggest problem with the game is that the diagonal sword swings are hard to pull off, so much so that the game warns you that you'll likely have a hard time with them. It might be worth a rental, but it doesn't look like a must-own game, at least not to me.

Sega Bass Fishing: A slightly enhanced port of a game I played on the DC nearly...what, seven years ago? I'm sure it'll be worth checking out if you enjoyed the DC game, but it's hardly noteworthy really.

MX vs ATV Untamed: I've never played any of the other games in the series, so I can't comment on this one one way or the other.

Brothers In Arms: With the exception of Metroid Prime and Medal of Honor Heroes 2, the track record of FPS games on the Wii is not all that great. If they pull this one off well it might be worth checking out, but that's a big if, all things considered.

Bully: If the controls aren't overly complicated and the port isn't utter shit, this one will be worth checking out. However, it's still yet another PS2 port, albeit one that has potential.

Ninja Relfex: Yet another mini-game compilation, this time with a Ninja theme. I'll pass.

Super Smash Bros Brawl: I've got this one pre-ordered.

Sega Superstars Tennis: I always enjoyed the Virtua Tennis series. If this one plays similar, I'm sold. Otherwise it might just come off like yet another attempt by Sega to take a page from Nintendo's book, and past results have prooven to be nowhere near as solid.

Worms: A Space Oddity: Worms games are great when they developers are on their game, but the track record over recent years has been off and on. This one has potential though, but I'm not enough of a fan of the series that I'd drop more than thirty bucks for a copy of this one.

MLB 2K8: 2k makes some good sports titles. Let's hope that this is one of them.

PES 2008: That doesn't speak to the potential of this game one way or the other, but I'm not going to be buying a copy regardless of how good it turns out. I'm not a fan of soccer. That said, I know that there are people out there who are fans, so this one's for them I suppose.

House of the Dead 2&3: The vids I've seen of this one aren't anything to get excited about, and to be honest I've played enough of these in the arcades that I'm not really itching to spend thirty bucks on them to play them again on the Wii. Perhaps if they included the first game I might be a bit more interested in it as a truly complete package, but this one would honestly be a hard sell to me one way or the other.

Okami: I'm seriously stoked for this one. I enjoyed the hell out of it in it's first iteration on the PS2, and I believe it's worth buying again even though they're not going to add any content beyond what was already in that version. As long as they don't royally fuck it up, it's a must-buy as far as I'm concerned.

Opoona: A game controlled entirely with the chuck? Okay, that's interesting. Let's hope that the game's simple interface doesn't translate to a simplistic gameplay experience. Color me intrigued.

The Monkey King: I remember playing an iteration of this game on the NES back in the day. It's strange to see that over the years, the game hasn't evolved much. This version looks bland, and the tilt mechanics are mildly interesting at best. Pass.

Baroque: I'll probably pass on this one, if only because I'm not much of an RPG fan. That said, Atlas has a pretty good track record in this field, so it might be worth checking out for fans of their previous work.

WiiWare: This will live of die on the strength of the software available for it, and knowing nothing much about what's upcoming save for that they have a Chrystal Chronicles game in the works for the service, I can't say much about it's potential as of yet.

Also of question is whether or not Nintendo will get over themselves and realize that a HDD is crucial to the long-term success of a download service. We need a place to store all the games you'll be throwing our way, as our memory is already being eaten alive by our VC titles. Make it happen Nintendo.

Octomania: Looks like a standard puzzler. The screen-shots are so sub-par that I'm not even interested in finding out more about how it plays. Oh, and considering that I can play tons of great free puzzle games in my web-browser, this one slides even further down the list of titles I couldn't give two shits about. It might turn out to be good, but I'll likely never know first-hand. Pass.

Wii Fit: With Miyamoto's recent revelation that Wii Fit isn't really meant to, y'know, get you fit so much as it's a means for players to get in tune with the nuances of their bodies, my once burning desire to buy this title has fizzled down to nearly nothing. I'm going to have to find another means of exercising my fat ass.

Now with that having been said, the balance-board itself offers some potentially interesting gameplay possibilities outside of Wii Fit, so it might be worth looking into somewhere down the road, should developers see their way to using it.

Band Mashups: Looks like a Guitar Hero/Rock Band rip-off. It might turn out good, but screen-shots don't have me too convinced. Plus when you take out the peripherals, games like this lose much of what is compelling about them. I'm curious, but will most likely pass on this one.

Harvest Moon: Again I'm not much of an RPG fan, and when you mix that with menial tasks my brain threatens to go comatose. It might be good, but I can tell you that I'll never bother to find out. Pass.

Rygar: If you can get past being given yet another port of an older PS2 game, or hell, if the slight graphical upgrade is enough to trick you into thinking that you're not playing one, then the underlying gameplay might be worth giving this one a try. Provided that you haven't already beaten this game years ago in its first incarnation. It's good, but not that good.

Boom Blox. Eh, I'm sort of cold as far as this one's concerned. Not knowing how it plays leaves only the concept to go by, and to my mind while it's interesting, it's not all that exciting. I'm putting this one on my "Color me slightly intrigued, but not particularly optimistic" list.

Blast Works: I can play this one for free on my PC, and I think that pretty-much says it all really. Pass.

Lego Indiana Jones: I loved Lego Star Wars. If this one is pulled off as well as those games were, I'll rent it.

Samba De Amigo: I'm a little worried about this one. The developers have said that they've got someone on the gameplay tracking issues inherent in the Wiimote, and I hope that they get it sorted out. I never got to play this one on the DC, and not having to buy anything extra in order to play it makes this one a must-buy as long as those problems are ironed out by release.

Castle of Shikigami III: This is the sort of game that I enjoy playing, but can't stomach the idea of paying more than ten bucks for. They're inherently so shallow that they almost come off as being rip-offs, even if they're fun. I'll probably pass on this one.

Mario Kart Wii: I don't know enough about it, but the series' track record is impressive enough that it'll at least be worth looking into. That said, Nintendo seems to want to go more casual with this one, so let's hope that doesn't translate into a dumbed-down experience.

De Blob: Looks interesting. Also looks ultimately shallow, judging by the gamemplay videos floating around. This one is sort of an unknown quantity at this point, but it's on my radar.

Mushroom Men: This one is yet another unknown quantity. It's also another game that's on my radar. I'm curious, and am awaiting further information.

Monster Lab: Interesting concept, that's for sure. Don't know much else. I mean, I got the basic idea, but there's much that isn't clear. Plus it sort of looks like a game that's being marketed towards children, and while that's not really a down-side, I'm afraid that it might end up being shallow for the sake of appealing to that age-group, as is sometimes the case.

The Force Unleashed: I have not played a Star-Wars game since the SNES trilogy that I enjoyed all that much. That's not to say that there hasn't been some quality SW titles since, but that not a single one of them has appealed to me personally. This game might turn out good, but I'm thinking that it'll ultimately be a rental at best as far as I'm concerned.

Monster Hunter 3: I played the first one for the PS2 back in the day, so I'm curious about this one. If I can hop online and play it with my Wii-owning pals here at EP, it might be a sure thing. If they make the process too obtuse, I may pass on the game.

Space Station Tycoon: Not my type of game. Pass.

Fatal Frame IV: Yeah, I'll be picking this one up for sure. I wasn't as impressed with the other games as some people around these parts were, but they were definitely solid games, and we need more of the like on the Wii.

Tales of Symphonia: Now I liked the GC version. RPGs with combat-systems like this one appeal to me more than your standard JRPG does. I'll likely check this one out, but likely as a rental first, and a purchase later if it turns out to be worth it.

Wii Music: Given how shallow the other games in the "Wii" series are, I'll probably pass on this one, unless it comes to the table with a completely unique hook with some longevity to it.

Fragile: I'm interested in this one, actually. Looks decent, and has a unique enough premise. I'll keep my eye on this one.

Disaster: Eh, I can take it or leave it. If any of you end up picking it up, be sure to let me know what you thought of it.

Rock Band: Yeah, of course I'm buying this one. Even if if it's limited in scope like the PS2 version, it'll still be worth it for the overall experience. Sign me the fuck up.

Major Minors Majestic March: Loved the dude's other stuff. Yes, even Um Jammer Lammy. I'll check this one out, though I'm predicting that it'll ultimately be rental material rather than a must-buy game. None of his games have been all that lengthy, or had all that much replay-value.

We Love Golf: I believe this one is being done by Camelot? If that's the case I'm definitely sold. They've never made a golf game that I didn't like. Factor in characters from publisher Capcom's games, and well, it looks like quirky fun.

FaceBreakers: This one has some potential. Let's hope that it stands up to EA's other boxing series, while going in a Punch-Out type direction.

Spore: I couldn't care less about this game at this point. Really, I'm not at all interested.

Deadly Creatures: Hmn. I'm kind of on the fence about this one at this point. We'll see how it turns out.

Thanks

Has Tales of Symphonia 2 even been confirmed for a United States release yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Asteroids do not concern me, admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Also, whatever happened to the Wii version of Pangya/albatross18?

Oh, and I still played in the world cup of that game, guys.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    Also, whatever happened to the Wii version of Pangya/albatross18?

Oh, and I still played in the world cup of that game, guys.
    Was it called Super Swing Golf? The second was released in December according to Wiki.