Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who says the Wii doesn't have anything good coming out this year?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezymadman View Post
    So, how many of these games are Wii exclusive, not counting the ones made for the Wiimote (Wii Fit, Wii Music, Ninja Reflex, etc)
    I don't know, but a lot of those are already out on other consoles.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Let's see,

Sega bass fishing -which if it's what I think it is, it's as old as the motherfucking hills

MX vs ATV untamed -hasn't that been out for a while? (and I believe it sucked), Unless I'm thinking of another un-somethinged offroad racing game that has multiple vehicle types.

Brothers in Arm: Road to hill 30 - Been out forever on: PS2, PC, Xbox, and possibly the GC. Hardly new.

Bully - Been out for quite some time. On the PS2.

Worms A space oddity - you play one worms, you've played 'em all. And with versions out on everything, I doubt it's going to be exclusive, or anything hugely different than the current ones you can download through XBL or whatnot.

MBL 2K8 - Soon to be available on everything from cell phones to wrist watches!

PES 2008 - Same

Okami - again, a port of a PS2 game that's been out quite some time.

Baroque - also hitting the PS2

Lego Indiana jones - Available on FUCKING EVERYTHING.

Castle of Shikigami III - You mean the game that's been out a while on the PC, and is hitting the 360 soon?

Force unleashed - Also getting a PS3 and 360 release, not to mention DS, PSP, and PS2 ports (the last of which will likely by fairly similar to the Wii version, if history has taught us anything)

Tales of symphonia - oh, you mean the GC game that's been out for years now?

Rock band - 'nuff said.

Spore - PC.

And that's just the ones i notice off hand.

And there goes the majority of the games there that hold somewhat of an interest.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Your point? If those ports are going to be as good as RE4 Wii edition was, they'll be more than welcome

Thanks
    EP Points

Tsk.

House of the Dead 2&3 - Last one came out in 2002 or 2003.

Secret Files: Tunguska - has been out on the PC for some time.

EDIT:
    Cookie, those games are already out on other consoles. Sure, in the line of thought that "now the Wii has the same games as other consoles", it's nice. But, I was thinking about exclusive ones when I clicked this thread.

Jackhammer is online now Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I am waiting on a Wii being delivered in the next few weeks. I bought in on the strength of Mario Galaxy...There's also a PDC Darts game I'm after which I think will work well with the control system...

Other than that, I'm not sure atm...I'll have to have a look see at the games that interest me. I take notice of negative coments directed to a specific console, but ultimately I make my decision based on the games I want to play, not someone else's choice.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Your point? If those ports are going to be as good as RE4 Wii edition was, they'll be more than welcome
    Yes, because the majority of wii ports were good.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

It's a new ToS, silly. Which really is the biggest announcement, as far as I'm concerned.

What really confuses me is the the horribly late PES 2008 release. I'm glad to see it on the wii, because I'll most likely end up getting it, but when I finally do the 07-08 season will be over.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

It is too bad that Fatal Frame 4 will be for Wii only. It's just so sad.
    The Fear of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dammit! Not only is Symphonia a prequel to Phantasia, but hun is right.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Namco Bandai is planning a follow-up to Tales of Symphonia entitled Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for the Wii that will feature several new characters and a world map that uses the Wii Remote to point and click a destination. Dawn of the New World will use Tales of the Abyss' Flex Range Linear Motion Battle System.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    It's a new ToS, silly. Which really is the biggest announcement, as far as I'm concerned.

What really confuses me is the the horribly late PES 2008 release. I'm glad to see it on the wii, because I'll most likely end up getting it, but when I finally do the 07-08 season will be over.
    They should make it clearer

(Well that's one game which adds some points for the wii )

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    They should make it clearer

(Well that's one game which adds some points for the wii )
    Speaking of which, Levi, it would be nice to have the name of the games that aren't titled in the image you posted.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sure, Danny. Let's see...

Row 1, left game: Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Row 6, middle game: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Young King And The Promised Land

Row 9, middle game: Samba De Amigo Wii

Row 12, left game: Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: Labyrinth of Forgotten Time

Row 13, left game: Oboro Muramasa Youtouden

Row 14, right game: Okay, actually, I don't know what this one is.

And to answer Cheezy's question, offhand I count 19 games on the list that are Wii exclusive.
    Last edited by Seraphis Cain; 16th-February-2008 at 14:29.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain View Post
    I just can't get behind the constant flood of military, sci-fi FPS, and sports games flooding the 360 and PS3 at the moment.
    i'm with you on that one. everytime i to bring up the fact that fps' are flooding the market, people argue and tend to label me as a fanboy (i don't know how that makes me a fanboy either). but the psp and ds are what's interesting me this time around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain View Post
    And to answer Cheezy's question, offhand I count 19 games on the list that are Wii exclusive.
    I count:

Eight games made to capitalize on the gimmick of the Wiimote (nine if you count Sega Bass Fishing).

Seven games made on other consoles.

Twenty eight games I've never heard of, or can't ID from the picture.

So that leaves you with another Mario Kart, another Sonic game, another Worms game, the most overhyped Smash Bros yet, an arcade railshooter from 10 years ago, Harvest Moon, another Lego game, and a lightsaber game.

Bravo, Wii.

Thanks

That line-up just screams that wii is the best system to have as a SECOND console in the house.
    I can't see me having that as the only console in the house. I'd need a 360 to back that up and balance. :/

Awesome system, but the games have yet to still catch up. It's sad when one game carries the system's reputation like smash bro's is doing, and I mean come on, it's hardly different than the other smash bro. Other than boring online, few more characters (whoopie) and some small features/ Still the same thing. I heard the wiimote sucks horribly and you'll want to play with a gamecube controller. Lame. Where's the fun in that?

All in all, I think the wii is a great system, just needs a better lineup than that, half that games have come out years ago or are coming out for other systems some way. Not too mention the exclusive only titles are just sequels basically. Another mario game, another sham bros, another zelda, another mario kart.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad, as they're good games, but it's the same old nintendo.
    Those games are also hyped just as much as halo is, and that's bad.
    It's quite disappointing.
    Last edited by Librå; 16th-February-2008 at 20:20.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-