Thread: Whats the best data recovery software ?

Thanks

Default Whats the best data recovery software ?

Hi guys,

I have a Seagate Barracuda (7200) 160 Gb HDD, which is almost 8 months old. It was in my home PC and all of a sudden, it stopped working. I recently bought a new PC at my office, and I checked out that HDD. That HDD doesn't show up in BIOS but when I start windows xp, it starts REALLY SLOW, kinda like trying to access that "dead" HDD which is attached to that computer as slave.

Now, in "My Computer" the partitions of that HDD do not show up. It is also not detected in "Disk Management" in the control panel. Then I checked out in "Device Manager" by right clicking on "My Computer". It shows up there under "Disk Drives" but when I tell it to "populate" it says, "unreadable disk"

It is obviously UNDER WARRANTY and I can get it replaced, etc but the data is somewhat important. Now, I wanna know is there any software that can access this kinda HDD and try to recover as much as it can ?

All of my important stuff is on D and E partitions as I don't keep much in the C partition because thats the first place that gets screwed up if an HDD fails. (Rav. => <= EP members) :X

So, can you guys help me out ? I can "get" any software (I've got my sources ), so even if its a costly software, I'll get it and give it a shot.

Thanx a lot in advance for helping me out. Desperately waiting for a reply

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

You could try putting it in the freezer and trying to recover the data from it.

Quite old but you could try reading this:
    http://www.trisweb.com/archives/2005...freezer-trick/

This one seems more useful and more modern:
    http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/200...-when-you.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno_ View Post
    You could try putting it in the freezer and trying to recover the data from it.

Quite old but you could try reading this:
    http://www.trisweb.com/archives/2005...freezer-trick/

This one seems more useful and more modern:
    http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/200...-when-you.html
    Thanx a lot man. I had lost all hope I'll give those links a read. Rep for you

Edit: Lol...is that freezer trick for real :O I thought you were just kidding

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    Thanx a lot man. I had lost all hope I'll give those links a read. Rep for you

Edit: Lol...is that freezer trick for real :O I thought you were just kidding
    It's srs.

Thanks

Wow....the second link is really good

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno_ View Post
    It's srs.
    Whats srs

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    Wow....the second link is really good

Whats srs
    Putting the HDD in the freezer, serious shit.

Thanks

Yes you can recover your data with the help of data recovery software. I have used Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software in past with a successful result. Try this utility by downloading the demo version of the software from:http://www.stellarinfo.com/partition-recovery.htm If the demo version of the software shows the preview of the recovered data then get the full version to save the data.

Thanks
    EP Points

I second Stellar Phoenix. However his problem is actually getting the damn thing to spin up and read properly. I just didn't have the heart to tell him it's probably FUBARed the first go. Then I completely forgot about this thread.

See if Paragon partition manager can find it

http://www.partition-manager.com/

That is of course assuming you haven't already RMA'd